forum

Storyboard credit!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +88
Topic Starter
Better Half
The new map Sweet Dreams (11t remix) makes me think that people don't appreciate storyboards enough. Most people (like myself) has the storyboard off because it lags my fps, and don't really know it exists. We should have a credit on the top left section of the song select menu dedicated to the storyboarder, probably under the mapper and it's not like we don't have the space. For example Mapped by Fycho / Storyboard by 11t. If the map does not have a storyboard then simply leave it blank. This way people can actually know that a storyboard even exists and can appreciate the people that spend hours on them.
o x
If you start doing that then all the guest mappers will want their names there too and it will just end up in a great big mess. If the mapper wants to they can put the name of the storyboarder on the background which already happens quite a bit.
Starrodkirby86
I think this is a variation of another feature request or problem of wanting to include better management and noticing of collaborators for a map (such as guest difficulties). Certainly the original system only really considers singular mappers. At least tagging and the map description is a thing currently.
Topic Starter
Better Half
But guest mappers already have their names on the difficulty selections, so they get recognized there. There's no definite credit to the storyboarders though. Regarding the background, I've actually never seen that happen. I'm sure there are and maybe I just don't pay enough attention to it or the maps I play just happened to not have it, but I'm sure there are others like me. Can you leave some popular examples?
deadbeat
i recall hearing in an osu!talk discussion with peppy that he planned to better tag people who created guest difficulties for mapsets. maybe that can be extended onto storyboarders as well
_Meep_
Probably like the 'Various Creators' or something on Renatus for example,and that link leading to a page which shows who did what
Nitrous
with the new Song Select layout in osu!next, it'll be refined.
HoarseFish

-Nitrous wrote:

with the new Song Select layout in osu!next, it'll be refined.

That's nice :)
Bara-
The map's description must mention it, or the SBer name must be in tags
Most of the time, the SBer also adds his name to the SB, so they do get recognizion, though I do agree it might be better
llunaco
Miterosan
With the rise of storyboards to extreme quality I highly support this request. At the moment the name of the storyboard creators reside in the tags.

They deserve a way bigger spotlight than just being provided in the list of tags.