forum

osumer - osu! auto, multiplayer one-click beatmap downloader

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna
Open Source Project page: https://github.com/mob41/osumer

For installation, go to the GitHub project page: https://github.com/mob41/osumer#installation-of-osumerexpress
Or watch the video "Install and Learn "osumer" in 5 minutes!": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1anYKZ_xJs

An update checker is included in the application, and checks update on every application startup.

One-click download concept

The application uses the concept of acting as a browser, and process all the URLs received. If the URL received is a osu! beatmap URL and osumerExpress isn't set as disabled, the application will start downloading. If not, the application will redirect the URL to the browser selected in the settings.

Disclaimer

This software does not contain malicious code that will send username and password to another server other than osu!'s login server. You can feel free to look through the code. If you still feel uncomfortable with this software, you can simply stop using it. Thank you!

The application only sends the username and password parameters to ucp.php?mode=login in Osu.java for logging in to osu! forum. And saves the username and password specified in the user interface to local configuration in Config.java. Unless the data are sniffed by a hacker or your friends want to play tricks on you, the data is not sent to anywhere other than osu! login server. (alright also sent to, proxies, firewalls, routers, switches, DNS servers, etc.)

By using this software, I take no responsibility here. Use in your own risk.

Features

1. This software can work without specifying beatmap's URL manually, and activate downloads automatically in-game one-click only (just like osu!direct). More details, check below.
  2. Requires osu! user account to work. The software will download beatmaps from the osu! forum officially without mirroring. If you are still uncomfortable with specifying your account to the software, you can simply stop using it. See disclaimer.
  3. It will start beatmaps download automatically when an arugment of the beatmap URL is passed to the application.
  4. In the user interface, users can download beatmaps manually by pasting a beatmap URL, and press the Download & Import button.
These functions will include in next v2 version if download counts and stars interested me to continue to develop:

1. Multi-downloading, job queuing
  2. Search beatmaps
Screenshots

For installation, go to the GitHub project page: https://github.com/mob41/osumer#installation-of-osumerexpress
Or watch the video "Install and Learn "osumer" in 5 minutes!": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1anYKZ_xJs

Software Info
Name: osumer
Version: 2.0.0
Branch: snapshot
Build: 3
Download link: https://github.com/mob41/osumer/releases/tag/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-b3

System minimum requirements:
  1. O/S: Cross-platform (only if without osumerExpress (one-click beatmap download))
  2. Java: 1.8.0 or later
osumerExpress (one-click beatmap download) minimum requirements:
  1. O/S: Windows XP or later
  2. Java: 1.8.0 or later
License
This software is licensed with the MIT License.

Feature requests, questions, or even contributions are welcome!

Open Source Project page: https://github.com/mob41/osumer
CookieBite
wow hi hk
nice stuff, I like it
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna

CookieBite wrote:

wow hi hk
nice stuff, I like it
Hi, hk too have you also tried installing osumer? You can have the similar functionality of osu!direct of downloading multiplayer match beatmaps with one-click. Very Op and useful for this XD
CookieBite

mob41 wrote:

CookieBite wrote:

wow hi hk
nice stuff, I like it
Hi, hk too have you also tried installing osumer? You can have the similar functionality of osu!direct of downloading multiplayer match beatmaps with one-click. Very Op and useful for this XD
i did tried that, but I think there are some similar software that are just like this :/
bckps7336
Tested about 10 minutes. Some opinions:

1. At first time I go to a multiplayer room and download map, an error poped out (i remember it's from osu!, saying error moving file xxxxx.osz)
I can't remake the error again, maybe just something strange about by machine :S

2. When I try to open a beatmap's page, the app still downloads the osz but I am in solo mode
(Maybe add some trigger on player's status, I remember there's an integration option in the option tab that can enable instant messaging, maybe some sort of API could be used?)

3. You may consider write a chrome add-on to make the browser communicate with client.

4. After setting the app as the default browser, chrome startup a little bit slower(performance issue? or just my computer's problem :P)

5. Background download? That will make fullscreen players more convenient.(Maybe with sound notification)

Anyway, it's a brilliant idea. Keep working on it!
PS: (怕唔怕比皮皮話你搶佢osu!direct生意)
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna

bckps7336 wrote:

Tested about 10 minutes. Some opinions:

1. At first time I go to a multiplayer room and download map, an error poped out (i remember it's from osu!, saying error moving file xxxxx.osz)
I can't remake the error again, maybe just something strange about by machine :S

2. When I try to open a beatmap's page, the app still downloads the osz but I am in solo mode
(Maybe add some trigger on player's status, I remember there's an integration option in the option tab that can enable instant messaging, maybe some sort of API could be used?)

3. You may consider write a chrome add-on to make the browser communicate with client.

4. After setting the app as the default browser, chrome startup a little bit slower(performance issue? or just my computer's problem :P)

5. Background download? That will make fullscreen players more convenient.(Maybe with sound notification)

Anyway, it's a brilliant idea. Keep working on it!
PS: (怕唔怕比皮皮話你搶佢osu!direct生意)
I know it is quite slower because osumer has to startup before redirecting to browser.

Java... a performance issue. Maybe rewriting to C++ or something.
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna
As long as the downloaded file is not moved by osu!, the downloaded file is not touched and stays in Temp folder. Maybe the file is corrupted, occasionally only XD

Yeah it still continue on downloading as long as you don't press the "Cancel" button in the downloading dialog. osu!direct does so.

I think about integrating to osu! client XD

Err... no, I have written an API inside osumer using Java to read beatmap information directly from the website by separating HTML elements. So it is not necessary.?

The first thing to hate Java, performance issues. Startup takes time on a normal computer. A workstation / game station would be different.

Good idea, i will add it in the next main version change.
Satsuki - desu
an error says that my username or password is wrong even tho i typed the right one :?:
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna
0x0000087
osumerExpress works on OSX!
All features work...but osumerExpress seems blink at the time while downloading

mmatt
[quote="mob41"]

video doesn't work
[Boy]DaLat
osumer didn't detect my browser (known as CocCoc - A Chrome-based Browser of Vietnamese), it just detected Internet Explorer and nothing else, even Microsoft Edge. Is there any fix for this? Thank you, osumer is a very useful application, I'd like to see more improvements.
Here is the image
HikaruVE
doesn't work for me :(
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna

FukutoTojido wrote:

osumer didn't detect my browser (known as CocCoc - A Chrome-based Browser of Vietnamese), it just detected Internet Explorer and nothing else, even Microsoft Edge. Is there any fix for this? Thank you, osumer is a very useful application, I'd like to see more improvements.
Here is the image
Microsoft Edge won't be detected usually. I am not sure about CocCoc. Have you try to set it as a default browser in CocCoc? Osumer actually reads the Windows registry about installed and registered browsers. If CocCoc is not properly installed with administrative privilege, it won't be detected by osumer.

As v1 is almost being abandoned, I may add a way to select default browser by path in v2.
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna

Panykos wrote:

doesn't work for me :(
Hi, Panykos, can you briefly explain the problem so I can help you to solve it? You can discuss the problem here or PM me. Thanks! :D
makemecool123
What happen to the software? It stopped working because it can't even login my acc.
XDeadpool4XD
can you make this compatible with osx?
XDeadpool4XD

0x0000087 wrote:

how did you get that to work?
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna

XDeadpool4XD wrote:

0x0000087 wrote:

how did you get that to work?
Have you heard of Wine? It is a compatibility layer of Windows to run Windows applications in Linux/OSX

I think he/she is using something like Wine to work on OSX
Topic Starter
Shiroisuna

makemecool123 wrote:

What happen to the software? It stopped working because it can't even login my acc.
It is a noticed bug that is already fixed in 1.0.6. You have to update your osumer through the updater or in the application.

https://github.com/mob41/osumer-updater ... pdater.exe
show more