forum

[Archived] Problems with Graphics Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- AzuReN -
As you could read from the title I have some problems with my graphics tablet which is wacom one ctl-471
Problem Details:
When i move my tablet by just a few degrees the cursor moves completely differently,i had this with my previous tablet too and i wonder is there any way to get rid of it?
Also my tablet behaves differently when i use it when i have only one monitor turned on, it behaves better when i have my other 2 monitors turned on

Video showing how the cursor behaves when i angle the tablet

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
o x
This isn't a problem. your tablet can't tell which way you are facing so it can never change where the axis are, up will always be the top of the tablet, if I turn it backwards than up would be facing me so when you tilt your tablet it will behave differently since it i not sitting how it normally would be.
Topic Starter
- AzuReN -
actually it's not like that, i forgot to say but it's actually the cable that's connected to the tablet, the tablet works perfectly when the cable is completely straight, i can't normally put it to be straight because of the way i have things placed in my setup
Kao
Can't you use another cable?
If you have an Android phone, the charger cable which is a USB type B micro, would fit in the tablet port
I suggest in trying a different cable first if you haven't tried
Topic Starter
- AzuReN -
i don't have different cables, i have an android phone but it came with a charger that can't have the cable taken out, also it's probably not the cable but something with the tablet settings or my computer + a few days ago my tablet can't even behave normally like it doesn't behave as usually when i angle it, i don't know what's going on but it's pretty weird, i tried my other tablet and it does that too
o x
Everything you are describing has been an ishy with the cord, so I am almost positive that it isn't the tablet. You can try and buy a new cable or borrow one from someone and see if it works correctly. It's certainly a lot cheaper than buying a new tablet.
Topic Starter
- AzuReN -
i tried changing the cord but it behaves exactly the same
Kao
Then it probably is the port, when you make the cable straight, the port is pulled in a different way.
This pretty much is unfixable by yourself
You'll need to have someone repair it or have a replacement
o x

Kao wrote:

Then it probably is the port, when you make the cable straight, the port is pulled in a different way.
This pretty much is unfixable by yourself
You'll need to have someone repair it or have a replacement
^

Have you tried using a different port? Does it do the same thing?
Kao
I meant the port of the tablet
But the port of the PC can also be the cause

But if it's the port from the tablet, then there is little hope
Bending it in a way could be annoying and if it needs to be bend in a weird way that needs pressure could break it.
Topic Starter
- AzuReN -
i tried changing usb ports already and it can't be ports of the tablet because this exact thing was happening to me when i had my previous tablet
it didn't happen to me when i had a tablet that didn't have a hover function though
o x
Does it happen with any other device you plug into your computer?
Topic Starter
- AzuReN -
i'm not sure about that thing with other devices, i can't test it right now because the only other thing i have is a laptop that doesn't work, i might try testing it on that when i'll finally get some money to take it to the repairs shop