forum

[Gp.] Catcher's speed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
45Traeath
So, I feel like it happened so naturally, and I don't know if that's really improvement for the "though" part of what I'll say: I am now able to "read" a bit of AR8~9 without HT, though I can still be stressing over the speed.
That aside (because it's not what the topic is about), there are times when I feel "I" (the Catcher) move faster/slower in some Maps whereas AR is the same, that feeling emphasizes especially when "I" Dash.
(Consider "no-mod on both" and "HT on both", because I know HT and DT alter every detail.)

Is my brain screwing up with my eyes or there's really a parameter that makes the Catcher's speed vary?
zove
I believe CS affects catcher speed to. I may be incorrect.
Kagari

45Traeath wrote:

Is my brain screwing up with my eyes or there's really a parameter that makes the Catcher's speed vary?
there's no parameter (other than adding DT or HT multiplier) that makes the catcher's speed vary. based on the forum that i've read few years back, the catcher's speed is constant 500 units per second without using dash, while dashing with the "dash" button will make the catcher moves twice the speed of the same catcher without dash.

so it's pretty much possible that your brain screwing up your eyes or just maybe the input delay from some of the maps that makes the catcher seems "slower" to move...

that's my two cents on this matter... feel free to discuss/debate about it :D
PakaChan
On higher ar, the fruit are moving faster which makes your catcher seem relatively slower. It's mostly in your mind, you'll get used to it.
Topic Starter
45Traeath

Kagari wrote:

there's no parameter (other than adding DT or HT multiplier) that makes the catcher's speed vary. based on the forum that i've read few years back, [...] so it's pretty much possible that your brain screwing up your eyes or just maybe the input delay from some of the maps that makes the catcher seems "slower" to move...

that's my two cents on this matter... feel free to discuss/debate about it :D
Quite hard to discuss over when you point out something quite big in itself XD

PakaChan wrote:

On higher ar, the fruit are moving faster which makes your catcher seem relatively slower.
I kind of clearly feel the speed gap between AR8 and AR10, and already understand the "relative" part though. I mean, I saw how faster it becomes, yet the Catcher's speed doesn't change at all.
There are just times (and Maps) in which I feel "I" have a different speed but well...

It really is my brain going even more out of control than ever XD