forum

Star range and host rotation as built in features

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +38
Topic Starter
Baka94
I'm pretty sure we all have it happened to us. Someone doesn't follow the star range set in the game's title, someone doesn't pass on the host, someone skips over someone else (or you) or kicks everyone out of the game as soon as they get the host. These kinds of game modes would work better if they are built in to the game. For instance, the star range would filter out songs outside of the range preventing people choosing maps that don't fit the range. As for host rotation, the host of the game would always stay the same as long as they are in the game, but rather there would be additional player chosen who can only change the song. This is what the game will automatically change depending on condition (rotate in order, give to winner etc.). I think this would make multiplayer "a bit" more nicer experience when trolls don't have a chance to mess with the other players. I actually like playing multiplayer more, but the problems that I mentioned don't motivate me playing at all since playing alone is boring. So, what do you think? Would additions like this make multiplayer games better?
Edgar_Figaro
Duplicate request p/5518900
My Angel Raphi
This is good. I like this idea. There's always that one guy in multiplayer matches that chooses a map thats 6 stars when clearly the game name says 3-4 stars and then stays the host forever.
Luddy
Love this idea, the only thing we have close to this is a open source bot that accepts song requests around a certain star range that people request and it's pretty annoying to setup but works. It would be nice to have this built into osu in maybe a different lobby type.
Edgar_Figaro
Just curious as to why this request hasn't been flagged as duplicate? Other one only calls out forcing rotation in the subject of the request but restricting star rating was talked about as well during the request discussion. The other one did have a fair amount of support and I just don't see them as being distinctly different enough of requests to warrant having both. I just don't want people to waste stars if it's duplicate as I see some stars have been dropped on this already.
Crymore13
we need this on osu lazer