forum

Strange Misses in Nomod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Maybe it's just me but often if I play a song with HR I don't have this issue but with nomod occasionally when the next note is still a ways off and I don't hit any buttons I will just suddenly "Miss" and break combo. I swear I haven't touched anything but it's like my keyboard hits a phantom note as I hear the drum noise with the combo break. This doesn't seem to happen nearly as often when I play maps with HR so I am wondering if this is an issue with my keyboard, computer, or game client?
roufou
my best theory is that it's releated to your keyboard being worn out or it might be really bad, maybe try to find out if the specific button you use hits itself in other cases too while in use?

I guess it could be something with the client although that sounds very unlikely to me, and if it's your computer it must be really messed up.

Oh you can also try and see if it doesn't happen when using a different keyboard if possible.

edit: honestly not sure why HR would affect this, the only natural explanation would be some form of notelocking, although that sounds very odd. You could maybe try and see if increasing the OD stops it although that sounds silly.
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
I figured it was probably the keyboard but it's frustrating as I've only had the dumb thing a few months
Dusalty
I'd recommend you to record your game screen and keyboard. It's lot easier to analyze in post if you have some footage.

I personally have the tendency of hitting keys unconsciously when SV is too slow and this effect is multiplied if I change from HR to nomod.