forum

[Archived] Pen & Touch - Disable Single-Tap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nightstalker
Hey, gonna make it quick.
I still have a problem with my tablet.
I spare you the details, the gist of it is: I touch, the cursor lags, the cursor jumps.

It's the original Osu! Tablet (which I think is the Huion H420).

I tried EVERYTHING and searched far and wide, but couldn't find a single soltion. So.
Here's the last thing I want to try (but can't for some odd reason, which is why I'm asking you here):
When I go to the Pen & Touch Options in Windows 10, you can configure what the pen taps do.

Example: double tap = double click etc...

However, I want to change or completely disable the simple-tap = left click function for the tablet, because the hover range of the tablet is S H I.. you get what I mean, therefor I ALWAYS randomly touch the tablet with the tip, and then the problem happens and boom, combo is ded.

So. How do I turn it off or get rid of it?

Here are solutions I tried out, which haven't worked:
-Drivers (they are pretty much useless)
-Removing the tip
-F10 in Osu!
-FixMyPen (Seems like it doesn't work for Win10)
-Contacted the support of Huion (THEY ARE... so... damn... USELESS!)
-Disabling Gestures
-Disabling touchpad options
-Deactivating HID... stuff (Right clicking on all of them didn't get me far. I know some tablet HID thingies then show an option for "tap" or "tapping" but none of them shows anything like that.
-Mouse Settings (in the last tab where the mouse controller things are listed. Nothing I can do there. Literally nothing, same like the HID thing with the device manager)
-Asking here (Yeah I already asked here, but for a different reason. Cuz I wanted to try the driver, and see if it works, but nope. Problem still there)

Please, I tried everything I can think of.
Can someone help me find a way (doesn't matter how complicated it is) to just... disable pressure/tap thingy... so it doesn't do ANYTHING when I tap on the tablet? Or if possible, can't I just somehow turn off everything of the tablet, and only enable the hovering? Is that possible?
I hope it's possible, and if not.. then I guess I'll burn the tablet for good after all those years... I hate it.

Sorry for being so stressy and annoying, but I honestly did everything anyone could have ever suggested to fix my problem, but nothing worked. lol.
Kao
I'm sure you can set the bind of the tip to none or disabled..
Not sure if that applies to Huion as well. You'll need the drivers to do this
Also have you tried enabling raw input? It might remove the cursor jumping. Try it if you haven't

The tenporary fix afaik is taping down the tip so it's always pressed
Zelioom
I have the Huion h420, this also happens to me. For me, one fix was to end the Pen Driver task (either by right clicking it in the system tray, or ending it in task manager), then click the desktop icon to restart it, then click the Pen Driver icon in the system tray, and click allow when the UAC window opens. Another way that seemed to fix it was was to uncheck the "Support TabletPC" check box in the Pen Tablet settings. (I am pretty sure it turns off the pressure levels.)

Sorry if you have already fixed this problem. Maybe these solutions will help others who seem to have the same problem.