forum

I need tips for playing HD ctb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tamameow
Uh hello. my name is Ace. im a non-mod ctb player( i sometimes play hr on low ar though) and im trying to learn hd . can u guys give me some tips? thx
Sandy Hoey
This forum is for non-osu! related topics only. Go ask this in G&R if you want a better response
o x
Normally I would say just keep HD on for a week and learn that way but you end up losing some no mod skill. I suggest training HD on certain days and keep to a schedule. Also you have to listen to the rhythm a lot more so make sure once you hear the hitsound that you move. It takes some getting used to but you can do it!

Also General Discussion is used for Non-osu! topics only, you should have posted this in the osu!Catch Forum. Don't make a new post a mod will move this to the correct place!
Tornado
I have asked a top CTB player about how she learned hidden so quickly.It is actually sometimes easier to read with HD because less objects will be seen on the screen and you can concantrate to a lower spot.She learned it only in a few weeks and became a beast already.But I guess that was her luck.So it may even take a few months to adapt it fully
FuZ
play more
Pawsu
Moving to G&R. Please read the guidelines linked above before posting.
yxn
Use hitsounds as your cue to move to catch the next object.

Make hitsound volume louder than music volume to aid with this.
o x

Tornado wrote:

I have asked a top CTB player about how she learned hidden so quickly.It is actually sometimes easier to read with HD because less objects will be seen on the screen and you can concantrate to a lower spot.She learned it only in a few weeks and became a beast already.But I guess that was her luck.So it may even take a few months to adapt it fully
At higher ARs HD makes it easier yeah, but low AR makes HD very hard.
Gilochan
get used to it. try to adapt yourself to the mod itself.
focus on the middle of the screen, before the fruit goes invisible.
get proper skins.
enjoy the song and follow the beat.

Hope it helps!
Colin
just play hd then you will get it
Buster
very pointless post
tell it to yourself
Rurree
you just get used to it

i don't find HD fun though so it's up to the person
Luqanted

Lolinator2000 wrote:

very pointless post
tell it to yourself
its not that pointless. some users like me can also get some tip for this.
autofanboy
Try to know when to dash for different rhythm or pattern, such as the frequency of dashing when you encounter a 3/4 slider pattern.
You can practice this by playing most of the osu!catch maps. It is also advised to increase the volume of the hitsounds and reduce that of the music, so the sense of rhythm is stronger.