forum

Will my accuracy and PP decrease when score V2 goes live ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Hi,

I think this is kinda interesting to discuss.
From what I've heard, in osu!next score will be in Score V2.
I do not want to discuss about the fact that Score V2 is worse or better than the actual scoring system but about something else.
From what I've understood, in Score V2, hitting start of sliders early or late will award you a 100 or 50 even if you do not miss a tick and slider end.
What i'm worried about is that probably all my old scores will have extra 100s from that change so what will happen ?
Will I suddenly lose general accuracy and PPs (As PPs are linked very closely to your accuracy in your best performances) as soon as Score V2 goes live ?

What I'm thinking about is this :

That bar in the green 100 zone was a slider start. In actual score after that I still had 100% accuracy. I score V2 I would probably have got a 100. That makes the final accuracy value lower in score V2 and lower accuracy = less PP.

Also I'm wondering how will levels work in score V2. It is already slow enough to level up without having the score limited to a max of 1 million. Playing very long marathon maps will be very not rewarding which makes it even worse.

Toughts ?
Jukkii
Yes that might happen. In scorev2 even all the lower diffs of maps will have the same maximum score as the highest, and length doesnt matter, so the bedt way to farm score in scorev2 will be 4mod SSing lowest diffs of maps, this will basically mean the end of the monthly ranking charts afaik.
o x
I'm pretty sure scorev2 has no impact on ppv2. They are two separate systems. Also scorev2 does not effect accuracy. to get 1,000,000 you need to get an SS. Scores will not be given extra 100s or extra 200s. Your performance will be the same just the number will change.

-Jukke- wrote:

Yes that might happen. In scorev2 even all the lower diffs of maps will have the same maximum score as the highest, and length doesnt matter, so the bedt way to farm score in scorev2 will be 4mod SSing lowest diffs of maps
This is no different than it is now. That's farming score not pp. Also lower diffs still aren't going to reward as much pp as higher diffs. It's just like mania, just because there is a score cap does not mean playing easier diffs will make me improve at all. Yes it ruins score pretty much but you have to deal with it.
[Haku]

Cawub wrote:

I'm pretty sure scorev2 has no impact on ppv2. They are two separate systems. Also scorev2 does not effect accuracy. to get 1,000,000 you need to get an SS. Scores will not be given extra 100s or extra 200s. Your performance will be the same just the number will change.
As he said scorev2 will probably have an impact on acc. A map you get 100% on it could give you less if you clicked early a slider head. And then your accu on this play will become 99.80% for example witch mean less pp. Si even if both systems don't interact with each other directly there still is a chance that via accu it affect each other.
Jukkii
to Cawub: how is that no different from how it is currently, i was talking about score farming specifically, ranked score is calculated by your highest score on a mapset. thats why lower diffs giving the same max score will ruin score farming. the score cap makes the low diffs have the same max score, and so if you do SS it 4mod you will gain the max score possible, and so your score on the highest diff will not affect your ranked score at all, unless you SS it 4mod too and spin more, which will be way harder than SSing the easiest 4mod.
Drowned_Cat

Arnold0 wrote:

Hi,

Also I'm wondering how will levels work in score V2. It is already slow enough to level up without having the score limited to a max of 1 million. Playing very long marathon maps will be very not rewarding which makes it even worse.

Toughts ?
looks like osu!mania's score system.. the limit is a million. if t would be same with the mania then i think we don't need to worry... i think... :? :?
Endaris

-Jukke- wrote:

to Cawub: how is that no different from how it is currently, i was talking about score farming specifically, ranked score is calculated by your highest score on a mapset. thats why lower diffs giving the same max score will ruin score farming. the score cap makes the low diffs have the same max score, and so if you do SS it 4mod you will gain the max score possible, and so your score on the highest diff will not affect your ranked score at all, unless you SS it 4mod too and spin more, which will be way harder than SSing the easiest 4mod.
It's not like score farming wasn't broken when they stopped approving difficulties with more than 20m points.
B1rd
Score farming isn't broken. FCing marathons isn't exactly easy.
Edgar_Figaro
I also wonder if old scores that had a far superior ACC but I missed at the very end and didn't beat my old score due to combo weighting will be my now top scores. I know many of my scores which would be worth more PP that I didn't beat due to score would have been better scores with score v2
Endaris

B1rd wrote:

Score farming isn't broken. FCing marathons isn't exactly easy.
I'm aware but it still puts a heavy weight on which maps you play opposed to how well you can perform on a wide spread of different maps.
Doesn't have to be Marathon diffs either way because any diff with 20m+ got approved even if it was just 3min long.
B1rd
Not sure I get your point. The existence of 20m+ maps makes some maps slightly better for score, but to get a really high score ranking you still need the ability to play a large variety of maps.
Topic Starter
Arnold0
I have another question about score V2 so I'll just post it here :

^The blue slider with a repeat. Missing the slider start but hiting the arrow and slider end awards a miss in osu!lazer which I think uses score V2 mechanics.
Is this how it will be or is it just not implemented yet ?

Also hitting a slider start early or late awarding a 100 IS a thing in osu!lazer (You can even see it on the last slider just before the video stops).
gman
If all of my scores get affected by this and I lose accuracy, then it'd be a good time to quit.