forum

[Archived] Frequent disconnections from Bancho

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LwL
Problem Details: I'm dcing from bancho seemingly at random. There are times where it doesn't happen for a week, then other times it feels like I'm offline more than I'm online. It's not my internet connection giving out as I'm constantly on ts/discord while playing, and those work fine. This has been happening for almost half a year now, on both CE and stable (latest). I tried fallback briefly and had even worse issues, don't know for sure if it wasn't just bancho being down there though. I thought it had resolved itself since I didn't have the issues for about a month, but then they returned. My osu! is trying to reconnect as I write this, and has been doing so for the past 10 minutes. (By the time I've finished writing, it managed to reconnect)

This affects everything i can think of, score submission, score retrieval, irc, bss, etc.

I have no idea what's causing this, and it basically stops me from playing mp most days. I've tried disabling anything that could possibly fiddle with the network (such as netspeedmonitor) as well as everything iin the OP of this thread with no success. Pinging cho.ppy.sh (bancho's url according to a later post in the aforementioned thread) during the connection issues works with no problems (no packet loss, ~175ms response time).

A friend living in the same city using the same ISP can connect just fine, just in case that could be relevant.

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest), has been happening for almost half a year, on CE as well.

I'd appreciate any help at all, I'd hoped it might resolve itself but at this point I doubt it.

EDIT: Using win 10 Anniversary Update. This happened before the anniversary update as well.
Upskirt
Can you provide a copy of your DXDiag information? Could very well be a conflict issue with your NIC and osu! or perhaps something else although I don't think that's the cause.

Try to ping to irc.ppy.sh when you are disconnected and reply back if you had received or sent any packets to that address while you are disconnected.

Do you run any other programs on your PC that can conflict with your network or perhaps an anti-virus firewall? Try to make a program specific exception in Windows for the osu!.exe by pasting "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps" into the address bar on Explorer and browsing for the game directory and the executable. Also try disabling your anti-virus and see if it disconnects at all during that period of time.
abraker

Venzire wrote:

Try to ping to irc.ppy.sh when you are disconnected and reply back if you had received or sent any packets to that address while you are disconnected.
OP already did that

LawL4Ever wrote:

Pinging cho.ppy.sh (bancho's url according to a later post in the aforementioned thread) during the connection issues works with no problems (no packet loss, ~175ms response time).
Upskirt

abraker wrote:

Venzire wrote:

OP already did that

LawL4Ever wrote:

Pinging cho.ppy.sh (bancho's url according to a later post in the aforementioned thread) during the connection issues works with no problems (no packet loss, ~175ms response time).
I'm asking if it has a number for Sent and Received packets.
Kao
Usual is 4 packets by default when -t argument is not invoked

So it's 4 packets sent 4 packets recieved ~0% loss
Topic Starter
LwL
Yeah it was 4 packets sent and received. I dumped the dxdiag.txt here.

My best guess really is windows fucking something up, or maybe some program having a weird interaction, though I'm at a complete loss as to which could cause this. The obvious suspects (whatpulse/netbalancer) I've already tried deactivating with no success. I think I'll try deactivating windows defender the next time it happens just to rule that out, though I find it unlikely that it would block anything without a notification (firewall is off).
Kao
Don't think it's a program that causes it if it gets fixed by itself
Rather your ISP is the one that's giving you problems
Topic Starter
LwL
It just makes no sense to me that I'd disconnect only from osu! while pinging bancho as well as visiting the website still works and I don't have disconnection issues anywhere else. I'll try running pingplotter to cho.ppy.sh to see if it picks anything up, though I doubt it considering that pinging via command line works fine.