forum

Need help with mapping criteria

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iiFFoxIsabelle
I wanted to complete a map for ranking for a while. Though this criteria confuses me.

"Adequate time must be left between objects and the start of spinners to ensure readability. Depending on the BPM of the song, this time must conform to the following"

Can someone help me with this? It would be appreciated.
7ambda
The rhythm gap in the timeline should not be less than a 1/4 tick between the note and the start of the spinner.
Caput Mortuum
I believe that means the bananas shouldn't cover or block the notes.
I don't map ctb though, not sure
He Ang CTB
Circles are fruits, Stars are spinners, T's are catchers.

Basically the player must be able to distinctively and separately react to the fruit and the spinner.

A good tip would be to ensure that it's possible to catch the first spinner after catching the last fruit, and it's possible to catch the last spinner before the first fruit. In that way you are very unlikely to run into such spacing problems. Another good tip would be to leave 1/2 to 1 beat between spinners and fruits, under normal circumstances it should not result in visually indistinguishable spinners and fruits while playing. AR, CS, positioning of the fruits/spinners will also affect whether or not the spinner/fruits are reasonably readable, take note of that as well.
MBomb
What Erika said basically explains it all, and underneath that on each difficulty it'll say which distance is the minimum allowed on that difficulty.

If you have any other problems with the mapping critieria or mapping in general, feel free to contact me and I'll help as best I can!