forum

[Archived] BPM

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VeNoX_2000
How to count the BPM of the song perfectly without using BPM counter in Osu!'s Edit ???
Please help me !
Thanks a lot :D

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
meii18
just try every number from 100 let's say until you'll find the correct BPM but take this in consideration: the offset must be correct because if the song have the wrong offset, the BPM of the song can be messed up. if you meet problems you can contact me so i can help you with the BPM.
Topic Starter
VeNoX_2000
Do you know any apps those can count the BPM ?
meii18

VeNoX_2000 wrote:

Do you know any apps those can count the BPM ?
no sorry i don't.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try looking at other maps of the same song and analyze their timing. (If they exist). If not, you can also sometimes Google a songs BPM and if it's popular enough. You might get a relatively accurate result. But it's not perfect and a lot of the time can be wrong. But it's normally a good starting point. BPM calculation softwares also suffer the same issue. So I don't really recommend using any.

Timing is something that seems complicated but personally I think becomes very easy. (At least with most basic songs). Songs will normally be a round number. No decimal points. (This does happen occasionally but isn't very common). A good way to do thing is tap along to the beat with T. This is normally a good start to judging a songs BPM. Normally you wont get it perfectly by manually tapping. But I use it as a starting point, as I now know it's only a few BPM off. You can either just start changing the number up and or down by one, saving and then seeing. Or you can listen for when it starts to fall off and become un-synchronized. and adjust the BPM then. It gets pretty simple once you start fiddling around with it.
Topic Starter
VeNoX_2000
Ok, I see, Thanks you guys, I really appreciate your support :)
Arnold0
For songs with easy rhythm you could try MixMeister BPM analyzer, however the result might not be accurate. For song with a change in BPM the result will be complete non sense too. You might want to try it if you don't find it using another way.