forum

How Does CTB Calculate Unstable Rate?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
The subject is basically the question but CTB is the only gamemode where you can't have the bar set to showing hit accuracy. The Fruit all hits the dish at a exact time and your catcher is either there or not there. But when I look at my score screen it gives me a +/- ms average as well as an Unstable Rate.

So what I am wanting to know is "how is this calculated" & is it at all indicative of how well you played? Does it go based on how close to center you caught the fruit? Or something else entirely
Zak
I'm pretty sure it's how close the fruit lands to the center, but since that doesn't matter UR means absolutely nothing
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Yeah that's kinda what I figured as there is no OD in CTB so it was probably based off the hit on he platter and subsequently if you could have hit the note with a higher CS. I think I'll try testing this out on some easy maps and deliberately catch the fruit on either dead center, always on one side, or random catch location and see if that affects the UR.

Edit: Yup seems to be the case. Did my 3 experiments. First one with all aiming for dead center got a 172 UR. Second one with all aiming towards left side of platter which also gave 172UR. Finally 3rd test I just went alternating between left, middle, & center which got me a UR of 275.
DeletedUser_500696
O that's pretty interesting, ty for the info. Never knew what it was for either
Riari

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Yeah that's kinda what I figured as there is no OD in CTB so it was probably based off the hit on he platter and subsequently if you could have hit the note with a higher CS. I think I'll try testing this out on some easy maps and deliberately catch the fruit on either dead center, always on one side, or random catch location and see if that affects the UR.

Edit: Yup seems to be the case. Did my 3 experiments. First one with all aiming for dead center got a 172 UR. Second one with all aiming towards left side of platter which also gave 172UR. Finally 3rd test I just went alternating between left, middle, & center which got me a UR of 275.

OD does do stuff, it's just useless really.
Ascendance
pretty sure OD increases score or something idk
Zak

Ascendance wrote:

pretty sure OD increases score or something idk
That is the only thing it does
Professor Gila
i may be agree with Zak about UR

in addition: error rate is your response of moving catcher to catch the fruit (and droplets) from one to another (either by moving, jumping, or jump by hyper)

UR is what Zak said before

oh and i think not only the fruit itself, the droplet also counts