forum

The osu! (bi-)monthly #2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Hi peoples. The team behind the osu! newsletter have been hard at work on their second release. Go read it here. jjrocks says "We were thrilled by the support we received from issue #1 and we will continue working hard to create great content for you."
dkun
gj guys.
8-)
Tenshi
I actually enjoyed reading that, and I hate reading newspapers. :)

Keep up the good work~.
theMikeAG
I enjoyed reading this. Kudos for creating an entertaining and informative article. ^_^
Luvdic
Ill be honest.. I expected more from this issue, but i guess thats partly my fault heh.
akrolsmir
Cool. Am I the only one slightly bothered by one line of Doomsday's article leeching onto the third page? Otherwise, nice to read, though the content was kind of more informative than it needed to be. Also, walls of text and whatnot. But good job overall!
Zelos
go go go go jjrocks brah!
Ikillforpies
Very nice~
keep up the good work!
yeahyeahyeahhh

akrolsmir wrote:

Cool. Am I the only one slightly bothered by one line of Doomsday's article leeching onto the third page? Otherwise, nice to read, though the content was kind of more informative than it needed to be. Also, walls of text and whatnot. But good job overall!
nah me too

I liked the read from peppy
arien666

Tatsuo and peppy's interview wrote:

Here's a question from a Taiko player. "There are achievements for osu! standard, and for Catch the Beat, but why haven't there been Taiko achievements added yet?"

Because no-one has created them yet. I would suggest a feature request topic. Including artwork for the achievements would speed things up, too.
Graphic assets don't just fall from the sky, unfortunately. Also, when the development team is so small, some aspects of the game regularly get overlooked.
Actually, there was some thread about discussing of Taiko achievements.
But if there needs artwork... I would invite some people for artworks ;_;
Also, I hope that Taiko achievements would be successfully discussed on somewhere ;_;
Vext_old
Indeed good job, it is impressive, though it does feel like it's lacking writers for more content/articles.
Sallad4ever
it's nice to have the osu! Newsletter back.
there isn't any news regarding taiko world cup ? even though there an article on owc

regardless of that still a nice good job ion this :3

Edit: about the interview, it'll be nice if you can include interviewee photo or brief profile of them (or maybe both) that will make the newsletter more interesting imo
YGOkid8

Sallad4ever wrote:

it'll be nice if you can include interviewee photo or brief profile of them (or maybe both) that will make the newsletter more interesting imo
this. for the next issue with the interview with ztrot, people who aren't really active in the community might not know who ztrot is. not that anybody wouldn't cause he's that awesome, but just saying :D
jjrocks
Thanks for the feedback everyone (both good and bad). Now time to answer some questions

akrolsmir wrote:

Cool. Am I the only one slightly bothered by one line of Doomsday's article leeching onto the third page?
This is a google docs issue, it'll display correctly on most computers (depending on resolution) but for others there will be an issue.

Vext wrote:

Indeed good job, it is impressive, though it does feel like it's lacking writers for more content/articles.
*points to the apply button at the bottom*

Sallad4ever wrote:

there isn't any news regarding taiko world cup ?
It will be coming on the next issue.

Sallad4ever wrote:

about the interview, it'll be nice if you can include interviewee photo or brief profile of them (or maybe both) that will make the newsletter more interesting imo
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll consider it during the next meeting.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Good reading material, especially the interview with peppy.
Vish024
Nice job. Definitely needs more content but it's improving on an exponential curve.
Topic Starter
peppy
You can't make a curve with two points of data.
Aqua
Pretty nice :)
Quaraezha
Awesome job and it was really interesting to read
But I really think it's too short and lacks more content.
But 'twas aight.
GladiOol
More interviews \:D/ The one with peppy was great to read~
Having interviews with players etc. would be nice too \:D/

@Doomsday, you're a mouse + keyboard player, not just mouse player D:
Mouse players use just mouse D:
show more