forum

osu!catch Secret Santa "modding queue"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Please do not move this to modding queues subforum, it's intended as purely a holiday event, and then it will be closed.

Introduction

Hi it's me again, I'm sorry that you have to keep seeing posts by me, but this time, I'd like to bring around something that hasn't really been done for CtB before. In order to celebrate the holidays this season, and to attempt to cover up a rough patch in mapping and modding that has been going around, I've decided to make a "secret santa" type of event. This will be a weekly event in which you mod one map and you will receive one mod in return. That's right, that's all there is to it. The twist is that the map that you'll get will be completely random, hence defining the "secret" part of it! The goal is to try and promote some positive interaction between community members for the holidays!

How it works

Starting today, mappers and modders can sign up to be a part of the first week of this event by posting in this thread. If you sign up, please send your map selection to me via forum pm. Week 1 will start on November 19th (this saturday). On that day, you'll receive a pm on the osu!site which shows you the map that you'll be modding this week. During that week, the only requirement is that you mod that map to the best of your ability but don't post the mod yet! After 1 week has passed, on November 26th, everyone will post their mods on the same day in order to create one big day of mods. If you want to drop out at the END of the week, please notify me so I can remove you. Please don't drop out in the middle of the week, as that leaves someone without a mod, and that's not cool.

Rules

1. You MUST be willing to mod maps. If you only want to receive mods but not give in return, then this event is not for you. The purpose is to create an environment in which players can willingly give and receive!
  2. You must post your mod on the day specified. Posting early ruins the suspense of who you got!
  3. Don't ruin the fun for others. Telling people preemptively who their secret santa is ruins the fun of the event, and that's not good!
  4. If you do not give a mod to someone, you will not be allowed to participate for the rest of the event. This is the time to put differences aside and enjoy the holiday season!
  5. Please give a map that a majority of the playerbase is able to play. If a low rank player gets your 9* marathon map, it won't be fun for either party.
  6. Please be kind to everyone!

Members

Ascendance
JBHyperion
BoberOfDarkness
Sinnoh
Sorcerer
WildOne94
Dyl-Byl
Myle

-- Week 2 Participants (Nov. 26) --

Riari
RoseusJaeger
Tyrell
- Magic Bomb -

-- Week 3 Participants (Dec. 3) --

Absolute Zero

-- Week 4-6 Participants (Dec. 10, 17, 24) --

rip ascendance

-- Week 7 Participants (Dec. 31) --

Kagari

Have fun, everyone, and happy holidays!
Kimitakari
Merry Christmas!
JBHyperion
Fuck Christmas

sign me up
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Thanks for joining JBH! Be sure to send your map to me via forum pm. Also @Nelly, are you in? If so, be sure to send your map also!
BoberOfDarkness
I wanna be a Santa too!
P i k u
Sounds cool
Have fun everyone! \o/
Xinely
Merry kekmas
Xinnoh
Can you do some match fixing for us so that we don't mod for our buddies?
autofanboy
giv me presenz thank
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Sinnoh wrote:

Can you do some match fixing for us so that we don't mod for our buddies?
Everything will be randomized, so I won't be making any changes on my own! That ruins the fun!
Remember guys that if you're signing up for participation, be sure to state that so I can add you to the members list. Don't forget to send your map to me too!
Kimitakari
Wait I can link my map already?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Nelly wrote:

Wait I can link my map already?
Read the post :P you send it by forum pm
Sorceress
Mod my map
WildOne94
I'M IN!

This sounds like so much fun XD.
I hope I get a pogo stick as well with my mod present xddd!
Qiyana

WildOne94 wrote:

I'M IN!
me two
Topic Starter
Ascendance
The first set of PMs were sent out today! Remember to not post your mod until this coming saturday! Thanks to everyone who participated!

Below this post can go for anyone who'd like to sign up for week 2, or if you're already in week 1, if you'd like to drop out you can post here as well.
JBHyperion
Just to clarify, there is an automatic continuation for everyone participating this round, and we don't have to "opt-in" again? Hopefully people don't go afk without informing anyone (:
Kimitakari
I hope my map will deserve ranking :c
Topic Starter
Ascendance

JBHyperion wrote:

Just to clarify, there is an automatic continuation for everyone participating this round, and we don't have to "opt-in" again? Hopefully people don't go afk without informing anyone (:
Correct! If you don't express your desire to drop out, then you'll automatically be considered as in for the next week.
Xinnoh
Will we ever get someone joining who has a flag that isn't red white or blue?
show more