forum

Pegboard Nerds - Swamp Thing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WIND3X
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 3:27:42 PM

Artist: Pegboard Nerds
Title: Swamp Thing
Tags: Pegboard, Nerds, Swamp, Thing, EDM, Dubstep, Monstercat
BPM: 135
Filesize: 4368kb
Play Time: 01:49
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.11 stars, 218 notes)
  2. Insane (4.22 stars, 859 notes)
  3. Normal (1.89 stars, 106 notes)
Download: Pegboard Nerds - Swamp Thing
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Update: I am revisiting this map now that I have time to work on it, please let me know if there is anything that needs changing!

I chose to map this song, because it is one of my personal favorite songs. However, when I tried to find a good beatmap for it, atleast at the time, there were none. So, I decided to make one, and have discovered that I very much enjoy mapping!

This is my first try at mapping, so please let me know if anything is incomplete/needs to be changed!

Edit: I have re-uploaded this map quite a few times due to watching videos on mapping, asking friends what they thought about it, and adjusting it accordingly (It's my first map, so I prematurely uploaded it as complete). Since it has been completed, I have changed the combos around a bit, and renamed the Insane difficulty to "Blaze It (Insane)," because it was 4.20 stars XD.
deantuesday
I only played the 4.2 star difficulty.

First thoughts after listening and playing a couple times:
1) the stream at 50 seconds falls off the beat awkwardly when the music gets faster than the 1/4 beat allows you to map. Could go into 1/8 time to create a slider that keeps up with the beat and doesn't add difficulty to the map.

2) A couple places towards the beginning of the map felt a little empty. [18 - 40] a couple big bass notes in between your circles could be hits.

3) Just in general the back half of the song seems much better than the front half to me.

With that said, I liked the song. I liked the map. I liked the 'wubbing' sliders (most notably the semi-circle one at 1:32).

Finally, I have to ask, how do you silence the sliders?? Mine annoy the crap out of me with the sand-paper scraping noise xD
deantuesday
Hey, I made a new version for this song: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/536937

Check it out, and if you like it, feel free to lump it in with the ones you already made. I don't know how to do that.