forum

[resolved] Non-update osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mirai Miru
Problem Details:
Hello! I have a problem. I had known, osu! have a update, so I had wanted update it. But update osu! doesn't work. Osu! download to something percent (11 or 50) and then stop and write a statement, that I must check a internet connection, but I have a internet! Next osu! all over again downloaded and again, and again repeated the same action, and show the same statement. I don't know, that's fault my operating system (Windows XP) or anything else. I don't know why my osu! doesn't want to update, if with older updates and version I hadn't any problems. Ask you for help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Andrea
Since you're using Windows XP, make sure that your Windows Firewall isn't blocking osu! from updating.

To be sure of that, make sure to add osu! to the exceptions.
Kao
Hello! Try using the old installer instead
https://m1.ppy.sh/release/osu!install.exe
Topic Starter
Mirai Miru

Kao wrote:

Hello! Try using the old installer instead
https://m1.ppy.sh/release/osu!install.exe

I had tried re-install osu! old version, but doesn't work. :( When osu! almost intalled, turn on a present update, that doesn't work.

And what is that localisation? I think, wasn't before.
Kao
What do you mean by "almost installed?" And does "turn on a present update" mean switching to latest stable?

By chance, do you have a folder named _staging? If you have, move it out of the osu! Folder and try again.

I'd also suggest scanning your computer for viruses or malware
Topic Starter
Mirai Miru

Kao wrote:

What do you mean by "almost installed?" And does "turn on a present update" mean switching to latest stable?
By chance, do you have a folder named _staging? If you have, move it out of the osu! Folder and try again.
I'd also suggest scanning your computer for viruses or malware

I mean, that bar the installation was full and osu! installer didn't end the install, only flashed up a present osu! updater.

And I remove this folder and still doesn't work. Ehh. Maybe in next update everything will be good.
Kao
After using the old installer, and you see "osu! Is updating" just close that and run osu! Again
It'll open without updating
Topic Starter
Mirai Miru

Kao wrote:

After using the old installer, and you see "osu! Is updating" just close that and run osu! Again
It'll open without updating
Doesn't work.
Kao
Are you sure it didn't work?
Install the old installer then turn off your internet.
Open osu!.exe, when the updater appears, close it and run osu!.exe again
It should start without updating that way (as long it's from the old installer)

If that still didn't work
Try using a VPN. It might do the trick.
I recommend in using [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337]. It works for me when my internet is blocked or throttled
Just download the Windows Version and open. After it connects, try updating again.
JSE
Perhaps your network is having issue. It seems the updater is dropping connection for whatever reason. For example, are you on wifi? Perhaps there is interference causing prolonged packet loss? Why not just try pinging google in command prompt (type ping google.com -t and just let it go... CTRL+C to stop it) and see if any of them timeout while you're updating osu!. If they do, you got a network issue you should troubleshoot.
Upskirt
Install this version of .NET

You need Service Pack 3 installed on Windows XP to use this .NET package.

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel
2. Click on the Performance and Maintenance link.

Also you could try making a program specific exception in Windows firewall which may help with the issue.

I honestly think that the operating system is too old to actually run any kind of modern program well since Windows XP is considered legacy and is no longer supported.
Topic Starter
Mirai Miru

Venzire wrote:

Install this version of .NET

You need Service Pack 3 installed on Windows XP to use this .NET package.

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel
2. Click on the Performance and Maintenance link.

Also you could try making a program specific exception in Windows firewall which may help with the issue.

I honestly think that the operating system is too old to actually run any kind of modern program well since Windows XP is considered legacy and is no longer supported.
I have had it since a lot of years. ;D

Kao wrote:

Are you sure it didn't work?
Install the old installer then turn off your internet.
Open osu!.exe, when the updater appears, close it and run osu!.exe again
It should start without updating that way (as long it's from the old installer)

If that still didn't work
Try using a VPN. It might do the trick.
I recommend in using [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337]. It works for me when my internet is blocked or throttled
Just download the Windows Version and open. After it connects, try updating again.
IDK how use this program. When I connect it, my net lags all site. :(

jsebean wrote:

Perhaps your network is having issue. It seems the updater is dropping connection for whatever reason. For example, are you on wifi? Perhaps there is interference causing prolonged packet loss? Why not just try pinging google in command prompt (type ping google.com -t and just let it go... CTRL+C to stop it) and see if any of them timeout while you're updating osu!. If they do, you got a network issue you should troubleshoot.
Sorry, but I don't understand. :(
Upskirt
Are you running Service Pack 3?
Topic Starter
Mirai Miru

Venzire wrote:

Are you running Service Pack 3?

Yep. I have a computer with windows xp service pack 3 and NET framework 4 and osu! went awesome. Before.

I have requested, that somebody send to me folder with actual game (without songs and skins 'Cause before uninstall I copy these on another folder) as archive zip or rar. Maybe will be work.
Topic Starter
Mirai Miru
Ok. Osu! work again :33
[Digidz]

misaki1mei wrote:

what did you do to make it work?
Death

[Digidz] wrote:

misaki1mei wrote:

what did you do to make it work?

This thread is 2 years old and the person that posted it hasn't logged in for a month. Please make a new thread if you are having issues, please also provide as much detail as possible.