forum

BABYMETAL - THE ONE

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hysteria
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 26 april 2017 at 05:08:02

Artist: BABYMETAL
Title: THE ONE
Tags: j-pop kawaii heavy metal resistance Su-metal Yuimetal Moametal
BPM: 195
Filesize: 19040kb
Play Time: 06:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Yoyo kagirinaku (5,84 stars, 1552 notes)
Download: BABYMETAL - THE ONE
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

We are the one,
Together,
We are the only one.
You are the one,
Forever,
You are the only one.

Thank you
  1. Liiraye for always being down for bouncing ideas and talking about whatever is on ones mind.
  2. Lazyboy007 for all the mods and chats about mapping.
  3. Zer0- for mods and being a cool dude.
  4. Kite for trying to help out as much as possible even though he's been incredibly busy with his studies.
  5. Shiirn for being fly enough to help out a mapper he had never really talked to before, without hesitation. Also for giving me permission to use his structure for the map description.
  6. Spork Lover for giving me motivation to continue with my goal of mapping every BABYMETAL song in their newest album.
  7. Monstrata for the colourization tool used to get the pretty colours on the map description.
  8. Everyone who modded or gave me their aid in any way throughout the process of mapping and ranking this.
  9. Strategas for the first bubble!
  10. Kencho for the second bubble as well as several re-bubbles!
  11. Cryptic for ranking!

Set explanation
So this set is the first part of a trilogy of maps that are connected in several different ways, but the most notable is how they tell a story together.

Part one is THE ONE which in how I understood and visualised the song/map follows the loss of someone special. Someone we held close, one that we loved. The background tries to paint up a picture on what is happening "during the song", which is walking the coffin throughout the city to pay respect to the one who sadly passed away. For me this song represents denial and isolation which is commonly known as the first stage of grief. Lyrics here.

The second part is NO RAIN, NO RAINBOW where the parade is over and everyone close has gathered at the funeral. To say their final goodbyes to the one who passed away. The song is slower than the previous one, and clearly paints the picture of "sadness" and "despair". This song for me represents anger, bargaining and depression which is the next three steps of grief. Lyrics here.

The third part is Tales of the Destinies which is a collab between me, GoldenWolf, Liiraye and Alheak. Where we represent the family, the loved ones of the one who passed away. All telling their story of how they remember their time with the one, their tale of the destinies. Song is way more upbeat and intense, painting the picture of heroism and humility. The map represents all the good memories that they had with the one, all the things the one did for everyone, and how the one earned the affection of all the people around. But the song represents acceptance which is the final step of grief. To accept that the one is gone, and to cherish the memories that will never dissappear. Lyrics here.

A lot of us have lost a close friend or family member, someone we held dearly. It's sadly a part of life to see others pass away before you. This is a tribute to a friend of mine who disappeared 9 years ago. I still don't know what happened to her, if she's alive or if she has passed away. We used to talk every day, for several years. Then one day nothing, not a single message, a single anything. I knew she was having trouble in school and at home. She was known to have a dark and morbid humor, as many swedes do. Which is why I didn't take those kind of jokes seriously at all, even when they were going way too far over the line. But now when I look back at it, at later stages they weren't jokes, but most likely calls for help. I've had friends grow up and leave for other interests before, but those I see or talk to from time to time. Or I hear from other friends about them, that confirms them just living their life without gaming or other interests we once shared. Just simply disappearing from the face of earth one day doesn't just happen under normal conditions. I will probably never get to know what exactly happened. So to pay respect to my one my dearest friends of that time, I made this trilogy of maps which is the least I can do. They all try to paint the picture we go through when losing someone we held close, the different stages of grief.

This is for you Jessica, I miss you dearly.

lazygirl
This map's so bad. I think you really need my help. It's like almost garbage tier. psch. git gud.

JK nice map imma mod this thoroughly. :3

[General]

1. If you do have a bigger version of the BG consider adding it, you have a bit of room to work with :) Audio wise be carerful, the ranking criteria say you shouldn't exceed 192 kbps, yours is 320. But eh 320 is best anyways. But considering you wanted to keysound this, your map will likely exceed the 30 MB cap.
  2. Combo colors are good
[Mapping]

1. 03:15:789 - rotate all of the pairs by like 5-10 degrees counter-clockwise it looks a little better ^^
  2. 01:28:746 (3,4,5,6) - so cruel I love it
  3. 03:21:361 (1) - you should make this a repeat slider since seeing this rhythm change coming without knowing the song is pretty much impossible :p
  4. 03:51:423 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1) - <3 the way you stacked 03:51:884 (7,1,1) - so good haha
  5. 05:28:473 (4) - soft sampleset randomly lol
Great map tbh, it's too polished for me to find anything worth correcting. Best of them luckzzz :3
Topic Starter
Hysteria

lazyboy007 wrote:

This map's so bad. I think you really need my help. It's like almost garbage tier. psch. git gud. Wooosh

JK nice map imma mod this thoroughly. :3 Good, or else...!!!

[General]

1. If you do have a bigger version of the BG consider adding it, you have a bit of room to work with :) Hm, I'll see what I can do.Audio wise be carerful, the ranking criteria say you shouldn't exceed 192 kbps, yours is 320. But eh 320 is best anyways. But considering you wanted to keysound this, your map will likely exceed the 30 MB cap. I'll probably change the quality when the time comes.
  2. Combo colors are good
Thanks, gonna increase the saturation tho, since they are not perfect with the bg. Havn't done it yet bcs I'm lazy, not you.

[Mapping]

1. 03:15:789 - rotate all of the pairs by like 5-10 degrees counter-clockwise it looks a little better ^^ Kinda ruins the angle I tried to get 03:14:745 (4,1) - here. So I won't change.
  2. 01:28:746 (3,4,5,6) - so cruel I love it I love it too, didnt see another way of doing it to fit the music as good as this.
  3. 03:21:361 (1) - you should make this a repeat slider since seeing this rhythm change coming without knowing the song is pretty much impossible :p Fixed.
  4. 03:51:423 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1) - <3 the way you stacked 03:51:884 (7,1,1) - so good haha Best pattern I ever made.
  5. 05:28:473 (4) - soft sampleset randomly lol LOL FIXED.
Great map tbh, it's too polished for me to find anything worth correcting. Best of them luckzzz :3 Thankzzzz
_Yiiiii
Hi, from my queue

Yoyo kagirinaku
Stack Leniency=6 so this looks much better 01:33:361 (1,2) -

00:01:054 (1,2) - Make the distance smaller, no need to have a jump here.

00:11:669 (1) - Make it 1/2 earlier.

01:07:515 (1,2,3) - Use same DS

01:26:900 (1,3) - Blanket shouldn't touch.

01:28:951 (4,5,6) - This fast burst isn't detectable, in other word, it isn't friendly for playing, replace it with a repeating slider could make it better. Only need to do that for this burst, you can keep the others.

01:34:284 (1) - Try another slider shape, it should be different from these two 01:33:361 (1,2) - since the vocal changed.

02:02:900 (1,2,3) - No overlap plz.

02:44:438 (1,2,3) - ^

02:05:054 (2,1) - So close.

03:38:576 (2,3,4,5,6) - You can try NC them all, cuz this shape it used for 1/6 stream but it isn't here.

Nothing else, good map!
Topic Starter
Hysteria

_Yiiiii wrote:

Hi, from my queue

Yoyo kagirinaku
Stack Leniency=6 so this looks much better 01:33:361 (1,2) - Fixed

00:01:054 (1,2) - Make the distance smaller, no need to have a jump here.It's already small? and since it's sliders, and a very slow rythm, the spacing doesn't really matter too much at all.

00:11:669 (1) - Make it 1/2 earlier. Accomplishes nothing, it doesn't change the pattern for the better nor does it bring out the music any way. Starting the slider on the noteshift, or one beat before the noteshift are both accepted options. Which as stated above, are so similar that a change won't make any difference.

01:07:515 (1,2,3) - Use same DS Fixed

01:26:900 (1,3) - Blanket shouldn't touch. Fixed

01:28:951 (4,5,6) - This fast burst isn't detectable, in other word, it isn't friendly for playing, replace it with a repeating slider could make it better. Only need to do that for this burst, you can keep the others. I'll keep it as it is for now, but what you're saying is something I agree with. If I get more mods pointing out those 1/6's I'll change them into the way you suggested.

01:34:284 (1) - Try another slider shape, it should be different from these two 01:33:361 (1,2) - since the vocal changed. Redid the whole pattern, noticed that I had skipped a bass beat on the 2nd slider.

02:02:900 (1,2,3) - No overlap plz. Means I would have to remap a big chunk of that entire section just for the sake of the overlaps. When the end result is just that pattern being a bit more aestethically pleasing. For now I wont change it, but I'll keep it in mind.

02:44:438 (1,2,3) - ^ Remapped the entire section bcs the sliders looked fugly anyways.

02:05:054 (2,1) - So close. Fixed

03:38:576 (2,3,4,5,6) - You can try NC them all, cuz this shape it used for 1/6 stream but it isn't here. Fixed

Nothing else, good map!
vrnl
m4m thing from ur queue

i like this map it plays really good so this is gonna be a kinda short mod because i couldnt see much wrong w it

first off, that dark brown combo color is hard to see with 100 bg dim, just a heads up

00:05:669 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is hard to read/time right since theyre seemingly the same distance apart but it goes from 1/3 to 1/2

im not gonna point out every single one but the sliderends on these parts 00:17:669 (1,2,3) - 00:25:054 (1,2,3) - ect. , they should be lower volume, not silenced but a lower volume imo. dont have to change but a suggestion

00:46:438 - starting here to 01:01:054 - lower volume since its quieter here, like make the first section 45, then next 55 then,,
01:15:823 - go back to 65 here

01:28:746 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is hard to read with the 3rd note of the triples being a slider, just do a triple after

02:22:284 - 02:37:054 - 02:49:515 - same thing as before with the volume

03:51:423 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - cool stream

04:10:739 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - slider ends need lower volume here

sry if u dont wanna change anything, i rly only pick out stuff that bothers me as a player. but maybe youll find this somewhat helpful!
RevenKz
You can actually end the beatmap here 06:12:011 - or here 06:12:473 - , adding a spinner at the end, but if you keep mapping after that it sounds pretty weird, like the intensity of the song isnt the same as the map.
Topic Starter
Hysteria

Sharo- wrote:

m4m thing from ur queue

i like this map it plays really good so this is gonna be a kinda short mod because i couldnt see much wrong w it

first off, that dark brown combo color is hard to see with 100 bg dim, just a heads up Up'd the saturation and the luminosity.

00:05:669 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is hard to read/time right since theyre seemingly the same distance apart but it goes from 1/3 to 1/2 The spacing is fine since it basically doubles from 1-2-3 compared to 4-5-6. NC'd it for extra clarity though.

im not gonna point out every single one but the sliderends on these parts 00:17:669 (1,2,3) - 00:25:054 (1,2,3) - ect. , they should be lower volume, not silenced but a lower volume imo. dont have to change but a suggestion I'll do that when I eventually hitsound it, or force someone else to hitsound it for me

00:46:438 - starting here to 01:01:054 - lower volume since its quieter here, like make the first section 45, then next 55 then,,
01:15:823 - go back to 65 here Fixed some of it, but as stated above, will fix everything hitsound related when I have actually hitsounded the map to begin with.

01:28:746 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is hard to read with the 3rd note of the triples being a slider, just do a triple after They are a 5 hit drumroll in 1/6 xd so if i only map a triple afterwards then i skip out on one beat akak undermapping.

02:22:284 - 02:37:054 - 02:49:515 - same thing as before with the volume I'll fix laters

03:51:423 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - cool stream Ty

04:10:739 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - slider ends need lower volume here Laters

sry if u dont wanna change anything, i rly only pick out stuff that bothers me as a player. but maybe youll find this somewhat helpful! It's fine, you reminded me that I seriously need to be less lazy when it comes to hitsounding rofl, I hate doing it.
Topic Starter
Hysteria

RevengeZ wrote:

You can actually end the beatmap here 06:12:011 - or here 06:12:473 - , adding a spinner at the end, but if you keep mapping after that it sounds pretty weird, like the intensity of the song isnt the same as the map. I contemplated doing this when I reached this exact spot when mapping. However I decided that instead of ending early and having a longers spinner, I'd rather map longer and have a shorter spinner. Everyone uses different amount of volumes too which means where a song should end when it fades is really subjective. I'll keep it in mind though if more people point it out.
Pachiru
  1. 00:21:361 (1,2,3) - try to approach the two stacks near the slidertail, because it can be easier to the player to read + the spacing you use don't follow with the next note you use, for exemple, this note 00:21:592 (2) - has the same distance as this one and this one: 00:21:977 (5) - 00:22:131 (6) - but there is not the same rhythm lap. so at least move the 2, to keep consistancy with timing.
  2. 00:23:977 (5,1) - those two notes are pretty close to the bottom of the grid, so move them a bit higher
  3. 00:28:977 (2) - same as previously, but for this one, i think that it can lead to misunderstanding due to the number of objects, so change it if you want only.
  4. 00:32:131 (3,4,1) - the jump between this note is a bit hard in my opinion, the sound doesn't allow so much big jumps, you can do a jump, but reduce the distance a bit i think, i see that on each 1/1 beats you got higher with the distance, i think that's a real creative thing, but in my opinion, this should get a bit reduce, because the part is not a kiai or also a very fast/intense part (for exemple you can use the same distance as you did on this part 00:38:900 (1,2,3,4,1) - in my opinion, it feels very good!)
  5. 02:02:900 (1,2,3) - why not putting those notes in the middle of the grid so it can give a good symmetry?
  6. 02:05:361 (3,1) - for me, there is a lack of flow here
  7. 02:13:515 (3,4) - this part is also pretty close to the bottom of the grid, more specifically the number 4; because there is accuracy bar here
  8. 02:13:977 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - here, you did a triangular thing, and you reduced the distance between them, that's a great idea, but why not doing the other thing and increase distance between them on each 3 beats, i mean you can try to change the distance between them here 02:14:437 (4,5,6) - and make it higher than the spacing you use here 02:13:977 (1,2,3) - it will show the power of the intensification of the song here. (hope you will understand!)
  9. 03:45:730 (3,1) - distance problem here? i mean why there is difference with distance here? one is x0.60 and the other on x1.30
  10. 05:40:627 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - for this part, i would suggest you something that could be interesting as my point of view. i saw that you stacked notes here on some beats, and it's a very nice idea, but why not doing higher spacing between the note you stacked? i mean, you can try to up the distance between those notes: 05:40:319 (4,5) - / 05:40:781 (2,3) - / 05:41:242 (5,6) - /
  11. okay, so that's all for me, all i said was just suggestion, because this map was really really really nice, i really liked it, and good luck for ranking, i'm sure you can do it, because this map have potential!
hope this mod will help you,
Topic Starter
Hysteria

Pachiru wrote:

1. 00:21:361 (1,2,3) - try to approach the two stacks near the slidertail, because it can be easier to the player to read + the spacing you use don't follow with the next note you use, for exemple, this note 00:21:592 (2) - has the same distance as this one and this one: 00:21:977 (5) - It's consistently done like this troughout the entirety of the map so I don't find it to be a problem.00:22:131 (6) - but there is not the same rhythm lap. so at least move the 2, to keep consistancy with timing.It is the same rythm tho? Plain ol' 1/2's
  2. 00:23:977 (5,1) - those two notes are pretty close to the bottom of the grid, so move them a bit higher Not outside the grid so it is fine.
  3. 00:28:977 (2) - same as previously, but for this one, i think that it can lead to misunderstanding due to the number of objects, so change it if you want only. Still the consistency with the pattern and similar spacing. Only reason these are 1/6 kcik sliders is bcs the drums it now are very different from those before. So yes it's overmapping, but it was the only way to differentiate it from the rest
  4. 00:32:131 (3,4,1) - the jump between this note is a bit hard in my opinion, the sound doesn't allow so much big jumps, you can do a jump, but reduce the distance a bit i think, i see that on each 1/1 beats you got higher with the distance, i think that's a real creative thing, but in my opinion, this should get a bit reduce, because the part is not a kiai or also a very fast/intense part (for exemple you can use the same distance as you did on this part 00:38:900 ](1,2,3,4,1) - in my opinion, it feels very good!) Fixed by remapping a bit.
  5. 02:02:900 (1,2,3) - why not putting those notes in the middle of the grid so it can give a good symmetry? They are stacked ontop of previous notes :p
  6. 02:05:361 (3,1) - for me, there is a lack of flow here All to themselves. But really though it is meant to break flow there due to the change in vocals.
  7. 02:13:515 (3,4) - this part is also pretty close to the bottom of the grid, more specifically the number 4; because there is accuracy bar here Still inside the grid so should be fine.
  8. 02:13:977 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - here, you did a triangular thing, and you reduced the distance between them, that's a great idea, but why not doing the other thing and increase distance between them on each 3 beats, i mean you can try to change the distance between them here 02:14:437 (4,5,6) - and make it higher than the spacing you use here 02:13:977 (1,2,3) - it will show the power of the intensification of the song here. (hope you will understand!) Because the drums are going down and down and down. Sure, the first hit of every downshift is more intense than the rest, but I dont value that as much as showing the decrease in overall intensity.
  9. 03:45:730 (3,1) - distance problem here? i mean why there is difference with distance here? one is x0.60 and the other on x1.30 Fixed
  10. 05:40:627 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - for this part, i would suggest you something that could be interesting as my point of view. i saw that you stacked notes here on some beats, and it's a very nice idea, but why not doing higher spacing between the note you stacked? i mean, you can try to up the distance between those notes: 05:40:319 (4,5) - / 05:40:781 (2,3) - / 05:41:242 (5,6) - / Changed around some notes, but kept the stacks. The pattern got too compex and confusing with non stacked notes.
  11. okay, so that's all for me, all i said was just suggestion, because this map was really really really nice, i really liked it, and good luck for ranking, i'm sure you can do it, because this map have potential!Thanks a lot! I'm doing my best to get the attention of BN's and modders so that I can finaly get it bubbled.
hope this mod will help you,It did!
GoldenWolf
irc modding on timing, mainly for these 03:21:361 - 03:37:500 - parts, also fixed the bpm and offset on 04:08:884 - this red line (wtf hystie?)
Topic Starter
Hysteria

GoldenWolf wrote:

irc modding on timing, mainly for these 03:21:361 - 03:37:500 - parts, also fixed the bpm and offset on 04:08:884 - this red line (wtf hystie?)
Yo don't judge my superior timing strats. You simply just don't understand them that's all!
Zer0-
irc mod
18:13 Hysteria: iabkanaligLNGI
18:13 Hysteria: folk vill inte modda min map
18:13 Hysteria: feelsshitman
18:13 Zer0-: wew
18:13 Zer0-: vilken
18:13 Hysteria: the one
18:13 Zer0-: babymetal?
18:13 Zer0-: a
18:13 Zer0-: h
18:13 Hysteria: alla ger upp
18:13 Hysteria: mmh
18:14 Hysteria: för lång o "its solid enough"
18:14 Hysteria: säger de flesta
18:14 Hysteria: behöver fortfarande farking mods så att jag kan bubbla
18:14 Hysteria: >:|
18:14 Zer0-: >:(
18:16 Zer0-: kan irc modda efter jag har ätit ok? :D
18:16 Hysteria: weee
18:16 Hysteria: sure
18:17 Hysteria: ska ut nu, så kmr säkert in om 1 timme
18:17 Hysteria: så blir perfa
18:31 Zer0-: w
18:58 Hysteria: i am
18:58 Hysteria: back
18:58 Zer0-: wb
18:58 Zer0-: 00:01:054 (1) -
18:59 Zer0-: imo combo colour is too bright
18:59 Zer0-: but who knows
18:59 Hysteria: we english now yes
18:59 Zer0-: lol
18:59 Zer0-: yes
18:59 Zer0-: im posting for kds so :^)
19:00 Zer0-: 00:42:592 (1,2,3) -
19:00 Hysteria: ooh right
19:00 Zer0-: also this has uneven ds
19:00 Zer0-: D:
19:00 Zer0-: looks out of place
19:00 Hysteria: aw man youäre the first one to notice
19:01 Zer0-: lmao
19:01 Hysteria: i've known about that but too lazy to fix haha
19:01 Zer0-: 03:19:515 (1,2,3,4,5) -
19:01 Zer0-: here 1 and 3 are stronger notes
19:01 Zer0-: try to emphasize them in a way perhaps?
19:01 Zer0-: 03:19:977 (1,2,3,4,5) -
19:01 Zer0-: same here
19:01 Zer0-: 03:20:438 (1,2,3,4,5) - and 3 here
19:02 Hysteria: following the guitar's intensity
19:02 Hysteria: would be overkill to follow both drums and guitar
19:02 Hysteria: imo
19:02 Zer0-: while we're at it, this is 1/3 03:23:435 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - yet has similar perhaps even the same spacing
19:02 Zer0-: as the previous streams
19:02 Zer0-: might be a bit hard to follow
19:02 Zer0-: resulting in 50's or whatever
19:02 Zer0-: perhaps up the spacing a little bit
19:03 Zer0-: 03:35:425 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
19:03 Zer0-: like here
19:03 Hysteria: shouldnt be a problem bcs of 03:21:361 (1) -
19:03 Zer0-: 03:51:423 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) -
19:03 Hysteria: different amount of pressure put on the drums there
19:03 Zer0-: nice pattern
19:03 Hysteria: first one the drummer isnt hitting hard
19:03 Hysteria: the 2nd one he's smashing them
19:03 Hysteria: and the 3rd one is middle
19:03 Zer0-: but does it really allow for this pattern? :thinking:
19:04 Zer0-: and yeah fair enough
19:04 Hysteria: ty
19:04 Hysteria: but yea thinking about readability and playability purely isnt bad
19:04 Hysteria: you're right in that sense
19:04 Zer0-: imo a stream that slowly lowers ds would fit better with the music here
19:04 Zer0-: it feels a bit hard compared to the overall section of the map
19:05 Zer0-: overall intensity*
19:05 Zer0-: at that section
19:05 Zer0-: english is hard
19:05 Zer0-: 04:24:934 (1,2,3,4) -
19:05 Hysteria: mmh true, but the drummer is hitting twice on each kind of drum
19:05 Hysteria: so even tho lower spacing is cool too
19:06 Zer0-: this you can atleast emphasize -_
19:06 Hysteria: im emphasising the change of drums more than the change of pitch
19:06 Zer0-: fair enough
19:06 Hysteria: and abut the difficulty of it, its way easier than you might think
19:06 Hysteria: i haven't got a single 100 on it yet
19:06 Hysteria: LOL
19:06 Hysteria: and about that stream
19:07 Hysteria: i havnt emphasised spacing much on streams throughout the entire map
19:07 Hysteria: only place i do is right before the ending
19:07 Hysteria: because of the guitar
19:07 Zer0-: yeah but the last 2 notes of the stream are barely audible in comparison
19:07 Hysteria: and since he's doing a snare roll
19:07 Hysteria: into bass hits
19:07 Hysteria: the S shape reflects that
19:07 Zer0-: atleast like change direction a little bit or something
19:07 Zer0-: IMO
19:08 Hysteria: i'll see what i can do
19:08 Hysteria: I dont completey agree tho haha
19:08 Zer0-: :p
19:08 Zer0-: its like the only place in the song where the drums overpower the hell out of the rest of the stream
19:09 Zer0-: so imo it should be a little bit different LOL
19:09 Hysteria: fair enough
19:09 Zer0-: um
19:09 Zer0-: yeah
19:09 Zer0-: you should also add tags
19:09 Zer0-: LOL
19:10 Hysteria: well that is quite logical
19:10 Hysteria: LOL
19:10 Hysteria: i had completely forgotten
19:10 Hysteria: shit
19:10 Zer0-: and check aimod there are unsnapped notes and overlapping timingpoints that are unneccesary
19:10 Zer0-: :P
19:10 Zer0-: oh
19:10 Zer0-: and the mp3 is over 192kbps
19:10 Zer0-: you should fix that
19:10 Zer0-: is unrankable
19:10 Hysteria: omg not again
19:10 Hysteria: the note snap shit
19:10 Hysteria: every time i upload
19:10 Zer0-: lmoa
19:11 Hysteria: it goes back to being unsnappes
19:12 Hysteria: ill fix mp3 too
19:12 Zer0-: and when fixing the mp3 you gotta fix the offset too
19:12 Zer0-: it changes
19:12 Zer0-: lol
19:12 Zer0-: anyway I think the map is really nice
19:12 Zer0-: and you are consistant throughout (for the most part)
19:12 Zer0-: and therefore I don't have much more to say
19:13 Zer0-: so ill post this now kthx
19:13 Hysteria: offset changes?
19:13 Zer0-: if you compress the mp3 it will slightly offset the sound
19:13 Zer0-: so you'd have to move everything by like
19:13 Zer0-: idk
19:13 Zer0-: 30-60 ms
19:13 Zer0-: probs
19:13 Hysteria: ahh
19:13 Hysteria: yea
lit120
[babymetal]
  1. 05:37:704 (5,1) - i wonder why (5) has the huge jump than (1), while (1) has a downbeat there
  2. 05:37:704 (5,1) - this kinda touches the hp bar
  3. 04:58:165 - till the end - wow no hitsounds
not a lot, but oh well

from ur q btw
Topic Starter
Hysteria

lit120 wrote:

[babymetal]
  1. 05:37:704 (5,1) - i wonder why (5) has the huge jump than (1), while (1) has a downbeat there the singles throughout the song mostly try to imitate how the guitar goes but i agree somewhat the spacing is a tad too big.
  2. 05:37:704 (5,1) - this kinda touches the hp bar should be fine since skins customization is a thing so it's quite subjective.
  3. 04:58:165 - till the end - wow no hitsounds havn't done them yet xd
not a lot, but oh well that's to be expected tho, thanks for what you pointed out!

from ur q btw I'll start on your mod soon
happy30
00:07:102 (1,2,3) - I would remove the (2) and make a jump pattern here into the next slider.
00:42:025 (3,4,5,6) - this spacing would confuse me, I would stack or overlap the beats after the slider ends
00:52:640 (2) - I don't like how this is stacked, how about this?

I feel the same for this one. 01:10:948 (2) -
01:19:255 (3) - I would stack this on (2) instead!
01:29:973 (3,1) - Pretty slider-breaking jump here
01:51:871 (1,2,3) - no 0.25 spacing here?
02:06:640 (1,2,3) - ^

good goodddd!!
Topic Starter
Hysteria

happy30 wrote:

00:07:102 (1,2,3) - I would remove the (2) and make a jump pattern here into the next slider. Fixed
00:42:025 (3,4,5,6) - this spacing would confuse me, I would stack or overlap the beats after the slider ends I personally feel like it plays fine and that the spacing/pattern is really reflective to the song itself. That kind of kickslider has already been introduced earlier in the map too. However, I'll keep it in mind and if I get more mods pointing out that this is an issue then I'll apply your recommendation as a solution.
00:52:640 (2) - I don't like how this is stacked, how about this? I don't really agree with how large the spacing is on your example, mainly due to the section focusing heavily on the vocals and there not being any vocal start on just that beat. The previous held note ends on it however, and to reflect it ending I want it to be close to the slider-end. I personally feel that it justifes a lower spacing, so fixed by a compromise meaning that it's not stacked anymore. Fixed

I feel the same for this one. 01:10:948 (2) - ^
01:19:255 (3) - I would stack this on (2) instead! Completely agree!
01:29:973 (3,1) - Pretty slider-breaking jump here Agree and dissagree at the same time. The spacing should be fine due to the pattern repeating the same rythm three times. So since 01:29:050 (3,1) - and 01:29:512 (3,1) - comes beforehand it should negate the sliderbreaking, hopefully. But if the jump you pointed out came out of nowhere then yes sliderbreaking would definitely be an issue.
01:51:871 (1,2,3) - no 0.25 spacing here? Wanted the chorus to be slightly more spaced than the previous parts regarding triples(this is consistent theme throughout all 3 of them). If this is a bigger issue than I take it as, then I'll fix it.It wasn't consistent, so fixed several places to keep it like it should be!
02:06:640 (1,2,3) - ^ ^

good goodddd!! thanks thaankssss!!
SnowNiNo_

ill just gives suggestin that u might want to consider :>

• [Yoyo kagirinaku]
  1. 00:05:717 (1,2,1) - spacing shuldnt be the same here, since one is 3/4 gap and others are 1/2, use a different spacing to separate them would make player easily to read
  2. 00:02:948 - i suggest to make the part the same as 00:08:486 - , since the sliderend idnt express anything rn
  3. 00:30:948 (2,3) - slider shape is not rly good here
  4. 01:15:794 - end the slider at here to have more impact at 01:15:871 (1) - since is a strong sound
  5. 02:50:255 - make the spacing bigger, the spacing rn cant express the sound well
  6. 03:13:717 (5) - inconsistent structure
  7. 03:51:413 - this is rly too complex fr a calm part, using reverse slider or low spacing stream is just enough
  8. 04:10:806 - lo mute the sliderend
  9. 05:03:750 (1,3,1) - overlap look pretty bad here
  10. 05:41:134 (4,7) - NC for emphasis
  11. 06:04:673 - u should make the structure less and less complex to express the fading music, like start from 06:12:057 - u can just use a spinner to 06:19:442 -
gl
Topic Starter
Hysteria

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

ill just gives suggestin that u might want to consider :>

• [Yoyo kagirinaku]
  1. 00:05:717 (1,2,1) - spacing shuldnt be the same here, since one is 3/4 gap and others are 1/2, use a different spacing to separate them would make player easily to read The 3/4 gap is bigger than the 1/2 gaps but NC'd for increased readability.
  2. 00:02:948 - i suggest to make the part the same as 00:08:486 - , since the sliderend idnt express anything rn There's flams right there which is the most prominent sounds as of that place. They also prepare the player for what's to come since the map uses a lot of single 1/4 & 1/6 kicksliders. And to top it all of the intro of the song is an honor/tribute to GoldenWolf's style of mapping.
  3. 00:30:948 (2,3) - slider shape is not rly good here Fixed by making the red anchors curve more
  4. 01:15:794 - end the slider at here to have more impact at 01:15:871 (1) - since is a strong sound fixed
  5. 02:50:255 - make the spacing bigger, the spacing rn cant express the sound well Don't think an increase in spacing will fix that due to the song not being that intense to being with at that moment. The pattern is revolved around the double and the triple with them being the focus of everything there. It's not by any means too easy to play due to the finger control required.
  6. 03:13:717 (5) - inconsistent structure The change from a straight slider to a curved one is firstly to finish the rotational pattern, there is one spot left in it which the slider end of the straight slider fills. Secondly since the curved slider is starting on 03:14:025 - which is a downbeat, i wanted to break the flow and change the slider shape to emphasise that.
  7. 03:51:413 - this is rly too complex fr a calm part, using reverse slider or low spacing stream is just enough Dissagree due to the complexity of the drumroll itself in the song, it stands out a lot. A big part of the map is also structured around rotational patterns, and I made this with that in mind.
  8. 04:10:806 - lo mute the sliderend fixed
  9. 05:03:750 (1,3,1) - overlap look pretty bad here fixed
  10. 05:41:134 (4,7) - NC for emphasis fixed
  11. 06:04:673 - u should make the structure less and less complex to express the fading music, like start from 06:12:057 - u can just use a spinner to 06:19:442 - I agree to some degree and that's why the kicksliders are stacked in the final moments of the song and the angles are easier and more repetetive. However I don't personally think that dumbing down the mapping due to the volume getting lower is a 100% good option. If i get more people pointing out that the outro could be done better then i'll change it to what you suggested
gl Thanks!
show more