Chroma - Black Emperor
6.00%
lapix - NEO TREASON
2.00%
Memme - NEW Astronomas
11.00%
Ocelot - TSUBAKI
16.00%
Inspector K - Disconnected Hardkore (CanBlaster Remix)
12.00%
Renard - Terminal
9.00%
Camellia - Routing
30.00%
USAO - ZED
2.00%
SHK - Death Moon II
8.00%
uno (IOSYS) - #Fairy_dancing_in_lake
4.00%
Total votes: 100
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Ascendance

osu!catch Transcend Contest v2

Current Title Holder: Deif, with 178 points on his submission of Dopamine

Introduction / Rules

Have you ever wanted to map something or seen maps bend the rules to the utmost to where the most creative minds of CTB could be displayed? Today, I'll be announcing the arena where the top talents of CTB mapping will battle it out to create the ultimate map. A map which has nothing to hold it back from being everything it can be. If you're a fan of crazy maps like jujutsushi, brynhildr, or any other maps that masterfully break the rules, then this will be a sight to behold. We don't have as many methods as the other modes to do something as gimmicky as they can, but let's see how this goes :^)

The rules are simple.
Submission Rules
  1. You will have only a month to map the song which is handed out. You can ONLY use this song and ONLY the .osz which is given to you by this contest.
  2. You're only allowed to submit the .osz with the background provided by the staff. This is to prevent judges from identifying you by your love live background.
  3. The map can only be a Catch the Beat osu!catch difficulty. This means that the map can NOT be a standard convert.
  4. The map must be passable. Any map that creates a scenario which instantly fails the user or crashes the game client will be instantly disqualified.
  5. Nothing NSFW can be used at all.
  6. The difficulty MUST be named [Transcend].
  7. NEW! The difficulty must NOT be submitted before the judging of the competition ends. This will result in an immediate disqualification.
  8. NEW! The map must be of a difficulty that reasonably skilled players can complete it with significant effort. Don't make something that is impossible for 99% of players, as it may skew voting by a majority that could be unfair to you.
Judging Rules
  1. Only the gameplay can be taken into account. Something with a god tier storyboard but only 1 circle should NOT be acceptable.
  2. You are not allowed to submit anything of your own as a judge, or collaborate with any participant of this competition in ANY way.
  3. Your judgement must be fair in a way that does not prioritize maps of a certain style over others. This is a contest of creativity, not a contest of who can appeal to your BN ranking criteria the most (nub afb).
Beyond these rules anything goes. You can edit the .osu in any way you want past what is not allowed above. Be sure your map is submitted in .osz form to whoever is selected to pass the difficulties to judges.

Judging Criteria

1. Creativity (25 points) - Is the map creative? Does it use the same patterns over and over again?
  2. Flow / Structure (15 points) - Does the map have some kind of structure to it? Is it just a constant back and forth 1/16 hyperspam map with no flow or direction?
  3. Technical Skill (10 points) - does the mapper utilize a style that makes the map not only creative, but challenging and fun to play?
  4. Judge's Impression (10 points) - The judge's own feeling about the map itself outside of the above criteria
  5. Bonus points (5 points) - was it hitsounded in a way that amplified the map (2 points)? Did the mapper follow the basic submission rules (please guys 1 point)? Did the difficulty settings make sense? Or were they all raised to AR10 CS7 because the mapper is a douche (2 points)?
  6. Total Points: 65
The points will be added up for a total of the combined judges scores to get your final score.

Prizes
Profile Badge! (To clarify, the badge shown below is last contest's badge, not the upcoming one.)

Schedule

1. Preliminary Voting Stage: Nov. 2 - Nov. 13
  2. .osz distribution (in this thread!): Nov. 13
  3. Current Stage! Mapping Phase: Nov. 13 - Dec. 18
  4. Judging Phase / Prize Distribution: Dec. 18 - Dec. 24

Staff

If you'd like to be a judge, please contact me directly. Please note I will likely reject anyone who I do not find to be experienced / mature enough to handle it.

Organizer:

Ascendance

Judges:

European Representative: - Magic Bomb -
Asian Representative: CLSW
American Representative: TBD
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Remember people, no drama this time. Let's keep this a happy place :D
CLSW
Hope this time we didn't lose anything ;)
Kimitakari

Ascendance wrote:

Remember people, no drama this time. Let's keep this a happy place :D
I hope so
JBHyperion
Song variety is awesome, so hard to choose >.<

Idk whether I'll try mapping again or judge this time. Colour me very interested either way.
Kimitakari

JBHyperion wrote:

Song variety is awesome, so hard to choose >.<

Idk whether I'll try mapping again or judge this time. Colour me very interested either way.
WE NEED TSUBAKI!!!!!!!!!
o x
Interested in seeing what people can make :D Good luck everyone!
Kagari
> sees the lists of songs
> no moe songs

k ;-;
DeletedUser_6709840
Hype, I might give it a try this time depending on how lazy i am
JBHyperion

Kagari wrote:

> no moe songs

k ;-;
because moe songs are usually generic as heck lol
wonjae
The voting is already looking like a landslide :(((
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Paranoid Grapes wrote:

The voting is already looking like a landslide :(((
There's plenty of time to turn the tables!
rostld
Xinely

Kagari wrote:

> no moe songs

k ;-;
Moe wub wub song like chino pls
ExGon
gimmicks are not enough, we need to transcend CTBosu!catch mapping
Topic Starter
Ascendance

ExGon wrote:

gimmicks are not enough, we need to transcend CTBosu!catch mapping
Well said!
Kimitakari
I dont understand how to map Camellia
Riari
awh shit we got a badge bois
autofanboy
transcendance
Bunnrei
Just for clarification, are we allowed to ask other players (other than the contest judges and staff) for testplays?
show more