forum

[Mania] Loved HR

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
abraker
Allow the submission of HR scores on Loved mania maps
Bara-
Random as well then!
Topic Starter
abraker

Bara- wrote:

Random as well then!
I don't think random can ever have a score table. Every instance of the play cannot be compared to another because- well, it is random. What's the point of having a score table if you cannot compare scores?
o x
I think this is a great idea. HR should have somewhere where you can submit scores
Caput Mortuum
yah
Bara-

abraker wrote:

Bara- wrote:

Random as well then!
I don't think random can ever have a score table. Every instance of the play cannot be compared to another because- well, it is random. What's the point of having a score table if you cannot compare scores?
There you have a point
Maybe score only without replay? :P
juankristal
I think its about time to do something with HR and mania in general. Not only for Loved :P

I guess we will see with MWC 7K how to fix HR to its best and eventually implement it?
aitor98
I think that making HR rankable is a good idea, but as Juan said, there's still work left on it. Also the idea of making RD rankable too isn't that bad, but it should be implemented with something else, for example: Being able to copy RD's from the top 50 rankings ( literally copied from LR2). If you don't know how it works, It's basically if you see someone with a RD play, you can somehow (adding a new button to copy random, under the replay or return button in the score screen for example) use the same random that the guy you're trying to copy has used before. The thing is that it has some advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:
- Bye bye mindblocking.
- You'll find a way more variety of patterns in ranked beatmaps.
- There are more for sure but my mind is starting to reheat.

Disadvantages:
- We would have a useless star rating because you can have a RD that makes the patterns REALLY simple.
- As I mentioned before, Really simple patterns + high star rating = PP rain (even more than now)
- To be discovered.

Well, I would like to give technical explanations, but I don't know too much about it, I'm just giving my point of view basing in my playing experience.

And yes, I support this.
Halogen-
+1 for HR
-1 for RD; de-standardization of patterns/structure has no place in a competitive environment and i still struggle to understand why other rhythm game communities think this is acceptable either
lenpai
RD is an insult to mapping and would end up dishing out patterns like that of autoconverts

HR on the other hand, shouldnt be bad.
Damaree
If HR would be implemented in Loved Maps(or even in ranked maps), will there be a score multiply?
Topic Starter
abraker

JooF12 wrote:

If HR would be implemented in Loved Maps(or even in ranked maps), will there be a score multiply?
*looks at DT*
o x

JooF12 wrote:

There are no positive score modifiers in mania yet! So it will be like DT, FL, HD/FI and only give x1.00
Full Tablet
HR just makes the timing windows of the judgments in mania tighter, it doesn't change how the game is played (except for the edge cases where spamming to get good score is possible with HR, while it is not in No-Mod). If HR is ever allowed in rankings, it should be made it so it doesn't change your results when playing the map (a simple way to make this possible is keeping track of the judgments the player would have got at each note if the player was playing No-mod, and make the results in the leaderboard based on that, instead of the results the player sees while they are playing)
Topic Starter
abraker
bump

this looks like something that wouldn't take too much time to implement
Full Tablet
With things as they are currently, I don't see any problem with allowing submitting HR scores in Loved maps, since there is no need to care about pp balance in those maps.

In the case of allowing it for ranked plays, I think that the most fair way to allow it would be like I posted before. Now that records are made for every mod combination, there is no longer any need to make score in a HR-play the same as if the score was done without HR, so the background calculation of no-mod judgments should be used only for the pp calculation, not used for the score calculation as well.

Also, changing HR so it doesn't also shrink the "early miss" timing window as well would be better, to eliminate cases where playing a map with HR is easier than playing without it.
Nashir
I have a question (sorry if this isn't a thread to question it) why hr isn't a ranked mod?
Topic Starter
abraker

Nashir wrote:

I have a question (sorry if this isn't a thread to question it) why hr isn't a ranked mod?
People mostly complained you can mash much easier without the game punishing you when timing windows are tighter due to timing range for a miss being smaller. This would make it easier to play on denser maps.