forum

[resolved] Osu doesn't open

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XenoTracker
Problem Details:
I downloaded osu, then played it like normal. A week later, I try and open it, it doesn't open (At all. No banner, No nothing.). I've browsed the forums and tried everything like deleting the Osu.name.cfg, and so on, and I did the last thing I could, which was to reinstall the game. So I downloaded the installer, opened it, and IT doesn't want to open either. I have no idea how to install the game now... :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Kao
Where did you install osu! ? Make sure it has correct permissions
Did you try holding shift and opening osu! ? Then click "Repair osu!"
t/514751
Topic Starter
XenoTracker
I installe osu about a week ago, and after trying out all the things I could find in the forums help section the past few hours, I tried to reinstall the game (By uninstalling it in control panel and redownloading the installer). When I double clicked on the installer, nothing happens. I have windows 7, and when I have my task manager open, I don't see the osu installer application. In the processes, I see osu!install.exe*32, but It stays there for a few seconds and goes away. I've tried to end task and reopen the installer, but again, nothing happens.
Kao
Try rebooting your PC.
It might help

If you have an a antivirus running, disable it first.
Did you make sure to run the installer with administrator access?
Do you have enough permissions to install programs?
Can you install different programs other than osu?
Topic Starter
XenoTracker
I've already tried that multiple times, and nothing really changed. I've also tried redownloading the installer, and that doesn't help either. Tried running installer in administration mode, tried troubleshooting, none helped...

P.S. I wrote this post after reading through a bunch of forum posts (including the one you provided above...)
Kao
Try checking your PC if you have any virus or malware
Topic Starter
XenoTracker
Ran through the anti-virus software
Didn't find any malware or viruses...
This is a pretty fresh computer so the only places I've been to is like Steam, Osu website, and couple of other trustworthy sites so it should be virus free...
Kao

Kao wrote:

Rebooting
If you have an a antivirus running, disable it first.
Did you make sure to run the installer with administrator access?
Do you have enough permissions to install programs?
Can you install different programs other than osu?
Topic Starter
XenoTracker
Disabled anti-virus
would allowing Osu!installer to run in my computer giving it permission?
Other installers work. (Just tried NET framework update and everything seemed fine. Osu installer however still does not open)
Topic Starter
XenoTracker
The strange thing is, It was working perfectly fine just about a few days ago, and after that night, I haven't really done anything different on my computer...
Kao
You shouldn't double post, just edit your last post if you want to add information.

When your computer asks to allow osu! To run on your computer, you should click Yes.
Try moving the installer to another location and opening it from there.
Topic Starter
XenoTracker
I've moved the installer to my desktop to try it.
I also always press run when it asks "Do you want to run this file? *Run* | *Cancel*".
Kao
Have you tried installing the game with another user? Preferably someone with administrator privileges
Have you tried running in compatibility mode?
Try the old installer instead
Make sure you have internet in your PC while installing
Make sure there isn't a antivirus software or anything that checks programs that would stop osu from installing
Topic Starter
XenoTracker
Using the old installer worked.
I appreciate it :)
[Edit]
The installer worked, and osu launched.
However, I was going through the settings and putting things in my preferred settings, and suddenly there was an update message.
All the interfaces disappeared (like the big osu button on the main menu). A red bubble appeared on the bottom right saying Osu will try to keep running, then suddenly osu closed...
Now I'm back to square 1.
(Can't open osu. Shift-launch osu doesn't work. Running as admin doesnt work...)
Kao
No problem then.
Glad I was able to help