forum

[Archived] Raw input

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AnimeAlex321
Problem Details:

Raw Input is not for me

The game keeps forcing me to use the raw input option.
I do not like that because it messes with my mouse.
I am using windows 10
I have a brand new high performance mouse with built in drivers and downloaded drivers.
I have never had a problem with old standard non driver mouses in the past while using raw input until now.
I would always use max sensitivity (x6) to play due to personal reasons. (Its what really helped me get better)
Having the raw input off it will drop drastically down to x1 sensitivity. (cant do nothing at that rate)

Now when I use the same in-game setup I get a mass amount of over shooting and under shooting notes by the dozens per song.
Thus leaving me to get Cs and Bs(which I don't let be scored) due to the performance that raw input does to my mouse.
I put in 110% effort every time I try with the raw input on, but end up getting nowhere (well not where I would like to be going)
By nowhere I kinda mean going in reverse, I am loosing rank much faster than I can obtain it and all my friends are actually zooming past me.
I can definitely feel and see the difference that is happening. I play all the time so its not like a stopped playing for a couple months or anything.

I would very much like to have the setting not override certain functions on how my mouse reads movement because that is like the main idea.
please let me know if this can be permanently removed, disabled, or overlooked because I'm not having any fun anymore...

Video or screenshot showing the problem: It happens when you turn off raw input and manually adjust in game sensitivity.

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Jukkii
turn off all those drivers and put on raw input, and then change the sensitivity if you need to. raw input just takes the input straight from your mouse and skips windows acceleration and such. you can still change sens with raw input.
o x
Windows 10 forces you to use raw input when you change the sensitivity in game.
If your mouse came with its own software I recommend changing the sensitivity in there not osu!
Alternatively you can change the speed of your mouse from windows.

Settings>Devices>Mouse>Additional Mouse Settings>Pointer Options. You should see this where you can change the sensitivity.

If you use any of these options remember to turn your in-game sensitivity to x1

Hope this helped!