forum

[Archived] can't import map into the osu folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeXt4r_
Problem Details:
so I was gonna download this one map name Seether - Fake It
however, my osu was in windowed mode because I don't want my mom to know about the BG
but when I download it won't show up the beatmap but I click right osu in my desktop it says the osu.exe have been corrupted
so anybody can help me?
(however, it opens another osu window maybe because yesterday I copy the osu.exe because I want to test the osutourney and I know it can't be private use only but I don't follow the rule at the time)

update: so I found out that now when I download map it only show a blank paper icon when I download it
I think I found the reason why I can't import my map
because the osu map that I download connect to the osutourney one that i delete it

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
sorry not this time

osu! version: 20161020cuttingedge
o x
Try running "repair osu!" It should be in the same folder as your osu! contents.
Topic Starter
NeXt4r_

Cawub wrote:

Try running "repair osu!" It should be in the same folder as your osu! contents.
still didn't work
Kao
Sorry if I read this wrong, but did you replace osu.exe by chance?
>because yesterday I copy the osu.exe because I want to test the osutourney and I know it can't be private use only but I don't follow the rule at the time)
This would answer to why Windows would say osu.exe is corrupted, aswell as why the song showed as a blank icon, rather than the osu! Icon.

If that's the case, try repairing osu! As Cawub said
If it still didn't work, try reinstalling osu and see if you can run osu! Again.