forum

[Archived] Transferring songs from windows to mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
adamx37
So I recently got a mac and installed osu! on it after much frustration and was looking to transfer my whole library of songs from my windows computer to my mac one. I looked around and found out osu on mac runs songs off of .ocz files while windows moves the songs into folders. How do I transfer my songs from my windows computer onto my mac?

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Starrodkirby86
I'm pretty sure it also works the same way as Windows regarding song folders and stuff. You should be able to copy your Songs Folder from Windows into your Mac osu!'s Songs Folder without a hitch.

When you import an .osz file in the game (either version), it unpackages itself as a proper song folder and all that.
Topic Starter
adamx37
Yeah, I did that and saw that, but was wondering why none of my beat maps were showing up. Then I realized that unlike windows, which checks for new beat maps every time you start it up, on mac I had to manually refresh the list.
Bara-
It's a bit hard on how to do this
Basically try the following
> Open programs
> Rightclick on osu
> Show Package contents
I believe you need to click on resources, and maybe 1-2 more folders, but them you are in the main folder (like windows has)