forum

[Archived] How to edit Song Setup?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AnimeStrife009
Hey there.
I've been having some trouble with changing details in the Song Setup window of beatmaps. I'm not incredibly familiar with creating beatmaps so I thought I'd come here for help.

I've made a beatmap, filling in the name and artist before I started. But when I try to write in the tags, source and correct the title (I spelled it wrong at first) I click okay but it totally ignores that I've done anything. Nothing changes.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to change information in the Song Setup window?
Starrodkirby86
You can always edit the .osu file directly. Go to File... and select opening the .osu file via Notepad.

From there, save your work in Notepad, then reload the map.
Topic Starter
AnimeStrife009
I tried it but nothing seems to have changed :(
Topic Starter
AnimeStrife009
Sorry for posting twice in a row, I forgot to explain.

I opened the edit page of the beatmap, went File > open .osu file with Notepad and closed Osu, and the details were already changed apart from the tags. But when I went back onto Osu nothing seemed any different. For example, the name was still the same even though the Notepad file said otherwise.
Bara-
If you change the title/artist in the .osu file it won't work properly, since the name of the .osu file is still old artist- old title- [mapper] (diff name).osu

What exactly happens when you do it via song setup (f4)?
Topic Starter
AnimeStrife009
Oops, it's fixed itself now. Turns out I just had to give it a little time to change.

I greatly appreciate the help you guys. Thanks a lot for your time :)