forum

Nintendo Switch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Choke Master
Yocake
The thing I concern about is that will the Pokemon main series move to the NS or remain on the 3ds afterwards..
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I highly doubt they'd continue the series on the 3DS. They already said they're making a game for the NS.
Hika
w h a t t h e h e l l
Rizumu Tenshi
Please tell me this comes with HDMI 2.0
Can confirm Ubisoft's thoughts of an AWESOME console.

And this works as my dream console...if I have seen 8P local multiplayer in the video.
EDIT: DOUBLEPOST?
raechel
Yeah I doubt the Pokémon games will continue on the 3DS.

I'll throw a blind shot right now but if this 4+hours long theory is correct (and holy hell does all of this "conspiracy babble" stuff seem to have backups), then Sun & Moon could probably be "the end of Pokémon games, at least as we know them" (actual quote from one of the parts of the theory). I don't think that theory itself is that credible (the various sources it uses jump from alchemy to flower language to various religions to Hawaiian culture and it actually makes sense in the theory itself) but it certainly has a lot of stuff in it, whether said stuff is a stretch or not. It made me go "wtf this can't be possible" multiple times, if I really have to be honest, and I'm not a "theory believer" as much as I like theorizing on games.

Other than that, the Nintendo Switch: it seems like an interesting concept but... idk how well the Tegra would do in the home department, even tho it should be more than enough for the handheld side of things, from what I've read here and there. I don't know the specifics myself (I didn't even bother to search them) but hopefully it won't be a flop. Then again this is a console, meaning it's built specifically for games. So a little less power than a gaming computer shouldn't be that much of a problem. And again, I don't know the specifics for the processor so I don't know if it is a little "less powerful" or "more powerful", or "equal".

That said, partners: there are some pretty interesting ones, including Bethesda, Konami (I'm expecting some rhythm games), Ubisoft, Telltale, and even Havok and Unity on the engine side. Even the "frienemy" Sega! And then I see stuff like Level5 and Square Enix and I dream of JRPGs than not even Japan can imagine (even tho JRPGs are Japanese and so are Nintendo, Square Enix and Level5... but you get what I meant). Also 505 Games representing Italy FeelsGoodMan

And since that's a sampling of all the partners... Oh boi this is getting me more hyped than it should.
Jinxy
I'm not a home console guy, so the biggest thing for me is that Switch being a 2for1 means all games are gonna be developed for it. No more Wii/U exclusives.

If this essentially becomes the next Nintendo handheld then I'll probably get it regardless of anything, but the major concern is definitely the processing power on the home console side. Nintendo has always been on the "unique games" side instead of "muh graphics" but I'm kinda iffy that a tablet-sized object is all that is powering the thing. A better case scenario would be the dock also having a processor, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ugh... and just as it was building up hype, this happens ._.

The heck is going on...
Yocake
Omg really Nintendo?...
Well c u 2017 then...
Justykanna
I've always been a handheld guy for Nintendo stuff and I'm a little worried about the design. It looks kinda uncomfortable to hold and there's nothing to protect the screen (unlike the 3DS which used the top screen itself to protect it).

Aside that, I really hope JRPGs come to the NS. They didn't come at all to the WiiU (I'm talking traditional... Etrian, Bravely, Tales of the Abyss) so I hope they'll come to the NS. Because those are really my favourite bunch of games for the 3DS.
KatouMegumi
SKYRIM...! WAIT... HOW??
45Traeath

Fizzn wrote:

SKYRIM...! WAIT... HOW??
Exactly one of my reactions, other than "wow, looks nice".

Blazevoir wrote:

this happens ._.
"region-lock status"............
I hope I will never ever feel the need to use it, as I already need whatever Asian 3DS I can get later.
Nwolf

Blazevoir wrote:

this happens ._.
I don't know much about economy but this seems to be one of the, if not the most stupid move possible. NOW is the perfect time to build up hype, or reveal more information before or close to Christmas so kids can beg their parents more to get the console on release day, but now everyone will forget about the console because of the 2+ months of nothingness and even if information gets revealed, it will basically be on launch day because honestly January-March is not that much.
raechel

Ntiger wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

this happens ._.
I don't know much about economy but this seems to be one of the, if not the most stupid move possible. NOW is the perfect time to build up hype, or reveal more information before or close to Christmas so kids can beg their parents more to get the console on release day, but now everyone will forget about the console because of the 2+ months of nothingness and even if information gets revealed, it will basically be on launch day because honestly January-March is not that much.
But they did provide a list of things they won't talk about: game titles and console specifications. They can still release info about other stuff and get hype that way, and they probably will.

They probably refer to the Mario game that was shown and the Tegra specs. I'm pretty sure it's more of a "stop asking this specific stuff because we won't tell you yet" and less of a "we're not going to reveal anything in these generic categories".
Chaosemerald
It looks really interesting! Can't wait to hear about more about the system and the games. If Animal Crossing or Splatoon gets released at launch then I'm already sold. Super Mario Galaxy 3 would be nice too.

Btw, you can apparently pre-order the system somewhere for 8000 kroner (which is around 1169 dollars), which is absolutely insane. They do say that they'll change the price as soon as they have an official price, but I hope it won't be just like when the 3DS launched at a high price and no one bought it, until Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. and Pokémon came out
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
PrincessAzula_old
It's also likely that Zelda won't be a release game, just a headsup
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Typed all that I could while watching the presentation. I'm sure there are other places that have things compiled better, but anyway:

★March 3, 2017 release date
★Cost is $300
★Use online services via your smart device; will become paid later
★NO REGION LOCKING!!!
★2 1/2 - 6 1/2 hours of battery life; uses USB Type-C charger
★Mario Kart 8's port or remake was shown
★Has a touchscreen
★Up to 8 Switches can connect to each other
★Right joycon has an NFC writer which reads amiibo
★Left joycon has a capture button; will be able to capture video in the future
★Individual motion controls for both joycons
★Two more buttons are shown on both joycons similar to shoulder buttons
★Color variations for the joycons
★Joycons can attach straps
★Right joycon has a camera
★Joycons have HD rumble (or just the left joycon, not sure); be able to feel objects as if you're really holding them; two new games were made using this: 1-2-Switch (doesn't require people to look at a screen to play; releases at launch) and ARMS (basically a fighter; will have online multiplayer; releases in Spring)
★SPLATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON 2; WAY TOO MANY NEW THINGS TO TALK ABOUT, SORRY GUYS (LOL); releases in Summer
★Super Mario Odyssey; sandbox 3D Mario game taking place in a modern day setting; new moves, enemies, environments, and whatnot; releases in holiday 2017
★Third-party games shown/teased
★Game showcase video; shows A LOT of games
★Hands-on events across the world
★The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's release is... LAUNCH DAY!!!
show more