forum

[Archived] System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Grodzeus
Problem Details:
I'm on Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.3. First time I've installed Osu! on this computer was normal and I didn't have any issue. It's been a month that I've removed it. I've downloaded it again today (last stable version) and at the updater, I get what's on the screenshot below. What should I do? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thanks for help

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://gyazo.com/a74eee9cb2cd4f76dc9fe61d4342c3fd

osu! version: 20160403.6
Red Moon
I don't have a Mac myself, but have you tried opening the Activity Monitor and trying to close osu.exe. It should be located in the Utilities folder under Applications.
Kao

Screenshot wrote:

"beacause it is being used by another process."
The probable cause of this is a running antivirus program, disable any antivirus program running and try the installer again.

System.IO.IOException usually is caused by writing/reading problems in your drive

1. Make sure you have enough permissions to install programs
  2. Run as administrator
  3. Make sure no antivirus software is stopping from osu! From updating
  4. Disable your antivirus or exlcude osu! From detection
Onomicz
Just had this problem, seems to only happen when downloading osu after already deleting a previous version of it on the device. Fixed it by directing the osu downlod to a different folder once the .exe starts up. (For me i redirected it from my download folder to my desktop folder) [windows 10]
GodzillaETZ

Onomicz wrote:

Just had this problem, seems to only happen when downloading osu after already deleting a previous version of it on the device. Fixed it by directing the osu downlod to a different folder once the .exe starts up. (For me i redirected it from my download folder to my desktop folder) [windows 10]

thank you so much