forum

[Archived] Game freezes when I click certain buttons

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SoFast
Problem Details:
Say, for example, I want to open a folder or open a link within the game. Doing that will make the game freeze. This can be anything that interacts with something outside of osu! in some way (don't really know how to word it), whether it's clicking a link or opening my skins folder. I can't even watch replays or use Auto because of it, since it would just infinitely load.. and whenever the game freezes the music continues to play and I have to use task manager to close it. Been having it for around a month now... but only now have I actually needed to fix it.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
None

osu! version: 20160403.6
Pawsu
Is there any reason you're using the Fallback version? If not, I advise you to switch to Stable(Latest). A valid reason could be because you're running a Mac.
Topic Starter
SoFast
When I tried to use Stable(Latest), osu! didn't open and it would "stop responding". Couldn't even use shift to change settings, so I had to reinstall. Tried it again, same thing happened.
Lacrimosa
Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date? See https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/GL_Support_Issues
Topic Starter
SoFast
Yep, all up to date.
Pawsu
In options, are you on OpenGL or DirectX? Switch between them and see if that makes a difference.
Ephemeral
Using any antivirus software at all? Sounds like something is interfering with the game's ability to call outside application associations like explorer, browsers, etc.
Topic Starter
SoFast

Pawsu wrote:

In options, are you on OpenGL or DirectX? Switch between them and see if that makes a difference.
I use DirectX. When I tried to use OpenGL, it crashed.

Ephemeral wrote:

Using any antivirus software at all? Sounds like something is interfering with the game's ability to call outside application associations like explorer, browsers, etc.
Yes, I use avast.
Pawsu
I'm not sure then. I don't know if this is a problem because of Fallback, or if it's a problem on your side...
One thing I suggest is to disable your anti virus program and see if that makes a difference?
Topic Starter
SoFast

Pawsu wrote:

I'm not sure then. I don't know if this is a problem because of Fallback, or if it's a problem on your side...
One thing I suggest is to disable your anti virus program and see if that makes a difference?
Didn't work.

Also, not sure if this will help or not, but I tried installing osu! with the old installer and there were no problems. However, I got auto-updated and it came back.