forum

[duplicate] [invalid] New sorting feature request

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +53
Topic Starter
Penguinz
sorting feature request

object>=x object<=y

searches for total object count (notes, sliders, and spinners)

I personally have been in the osu! community for years and only really play songs with 1000x combo's etc.

This is the reason I request this specific search query.

7. Your request should be for the benefit of all players, not only you.

evidence

This is as is chat from osu! seconds within me asking a question.

23:28 Penguinz: hey osu!
23:28 3d6: hey penguinz it's me osu!
23:28 Penguinz: is there a way to search for a specific object count?
23:28 Penguinz like 1000-2000 objects?
23:28 darkishleader: same

There were others interested as well, and this is as much evidence as i need to say we need this!

This is to be used in conjunction to other query's for ex. star>=5 star<=7.25 length>=240 object>=1000 object<=2000

This is how i will be using it.

Have a great day, Penguinz!
Nathanael
Your title is kinda misleading. Better rename it to something more related to your request like "search beatmaps by object count"
Bara-
The thing is, is that combo isn't equivalent to objects
Some maps are nearly circle only, in which case objects=combo
On technical maps (dubstep/high bpm), there are many sliders, which have more combo
A 900 object map might have 950 combo, while a 600 object map might have 1800 combo

Oh, and I believe it's a dupe, give me a sec

Edit:
more search filters for songs list
[invalid] Sort by (Total) Objects
Topic Starter
Penguinz
I'm getting the impression you are only thinking i want combo... no i want actual KEY PRESS NUMBERS

ex

z=1200
x=800

total clicks = 2000

i am looking for actual object count..

Sea_Food wrote:

Every now and then someone makes a thread that they want to be able to grouop/sort/search a specific song feature ingame (sidenote the group feature honestly is useless, and i see it only as a much worse version of the song search filter tool.) I admit I am one of those people. But now i have seen the light and i am enlightened to say that all of those feature request suck. What we should get is every possible thing, as opposed to just individual or small grouop of new filters. Search engines should be as strong as possible right? You wouldnt like it if google would only allow certain things to be searched or the use of certain keywords.

So anyway here is the hopefully complete list of demands of search filters that we need:
Date downloaded
Date ranked
Date uploaded
Rank achieved (as in SS or A)
Rank achieved (as in rank #500 or something)
Accuracy achieved
Score achieved
Song popularity (as in the avrage quality rating from 0-10)
Favorited by you (yes or no)
Number of favorites by all users
Times played by you
Total playcount by all usersusers
Number of objects
Number of sliders
Number of hit notes
Number of spinners

Max combo
Max score (with no mods)
Avrage frequency of objects
Sucsess rate
#1 rank by user X
Collections

These things the search engine finds if you just type keywords and we should keep it that way, but we should be allowed to single them out. Add these aswel:
Tag
Title
Artist
Source
Difficulty
Genre
Creator
For example if you want to find songs that have reimu in the tags you would type Tag=reimu and you would get songs that just have reimu in tags and not as creator.

For clarity here is the list of search filters we as of now have
AR
Star difficulty
HP
CS
Lenght
OD
BPM
keys (o!m)
drain (time)
mode
Ranked status
(last) played
unplayed
speed (o!m)

Some of these you can already do with the group feature but as i said earlier it sucks balls because of the inconvinience and would be done much better with just typing values to the search. The sort feature is good especially when combined with the search filter feature, and everything that could be a sort option should be a sort option. As in sort by date ranked is something that we need but sort by ranked status simply would not work.

Yes i know some of the things i requested might seem compleatly useless, but many of them would be very useful, and most of them would be handy. But anyway i am sure that all of them would be wanted by some people at some point of time so any of them should not be left out just because it dosnt seem important enough. I am no experted but afiak these are just numerical values that are included in every song individually already, so once you begin adding some adding all should not take much time.

Ps. All of these should be in the website song search engine and osu direct search engine aswell, opposed to none that we have atm. But that suggestion already has a thread. Just letting you know as its related information.
Bara-
Since the threads I linked have the same idea, you should post your comments there instead of here. This thread is in "Completed Requests", and will not be read much
Go bump the thread I linked (the one which is not invalid)
Topic Starter
Penguinz
honestly you didn't help the situation, you put my important thread in a thread destined to die.
Bara-
The reason this thread is supposed to die, is because it's a duplicate
Please refer to my previous posts and read the different posts there