This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
2,710 posts
Offline
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on martes, 04 de julio de 2017 at 12:03:27

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: Parom & Polom
Source: ファイナルファンタジーIV
Tags: ffiv ff4 squaresoft snes famicom super nintendo FINAL FANTASY SQUARE ENIX
BPM: 114,33
Filesize: 1765kb
Play Time: 00:57
Difficulties Available:
  • Easy (1,07 stars, 51 notes)
  • Hard (2,52 stars, 133 notes)
  • Insane (2,88 stars, 164 notes)
  • Normal (1,69 stars, 90 notes)

Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Parom & Polom
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Best twins :)

Another FF song

Enjoy !


Mapset
  • Easy: 100%
  • Normal: 100%
  • Hard: 100%
  • Insane: 100%
Last edited by MoodyRPG on , edited 19 times in total.
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,597 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
m4m from #modreqs


General

check!


Easy

suggest lowering hitsound volume please

also slider tick rate seems a little high

00:29:740 (3,4) - there really is not need for you to make sharp angles, I suggest making these softened pointed triangles by andding two normal anchors on each side of the red one
00:30:790 (4,1) - here your making the player go straight down rather than circular flow like your whole map has been having (random flow break)
00:42:336 (1) - move down more so (4) lines up better
00:42:336 (1,2) - again the awkward flow break


Normal

00:04:024 (6) - this is the start of a new instrument, it would be better if this was clickable
00:08:748 (1,2) - awkward flow angle
00:12:421 (3) - move the note down so the note before this lines up better
00:18:719 (3) - extend this to the blue tick
00:22:918 (6) - again, I think this should be clickable
00:34:464 (6) - ctrl + j then ctrl + h then ctrl + g then resnap
00:37:612 (3) - extend to blue tick
00:39:187 (2) - make soft pointed triangle
00:45:485 (6) - ^^
00:47:584 (3,4) - can't find a solid rythm on these beats
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
1,322 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
irc req

Easy


Normal


Hard


Insane

Good luck!
User avatar
Rhythm Incarnate
919 posts
Offline
Earned 1 kudosu.
Small mod from #modreqs !

The Background gives me the willies xD

Eays:

00:11:372 (2) - Try giving this a small curve so it flows better to the next slider (and also follows the kinda circle shape you made on the slider before) like http://i.imgur.com/S77gtTl.png
00:42:336 (1,2,3) - This is truly a sharp flow change you're making here, very different to what you've been doing during all the map (maybe 00:31:839 (1) - comes close) try something like http://i.imgur.com/INc5ymu.png? (00:44:435 (3) - being high enough and curved so it doesn't overlap with 00:46:534 (1) - )

Normal:

Shouldn't this be 3.5 CS? the change from the Easy is huge.

I mean, Easy is 3, Hard is 4, Insane is 4.5

00:05:336 - Shouldn't you put a note here? this 00:04:811 (1) - standalone feels off, also, if you're thinking in making the player "have a break" I believe the inbetween sections like 00:04:811 (1) - should be enough

00:10:847 (1) - shouldn't this slider end 00:11:372 - while adding a note 00:11:634 - ? it just feels longer than necessary (same suggestion to similar part)


Hard:

00:36:300 (1,2,3,4) - Put this more to the center of the map, with 00:37:350 (3,4) - being at the pure center and keeping 00:36:300 (1,2) - in the grid in a more comfortable place to hit.


This is already fine, again, this was just something small <3

good luck!


Image
User avatar
Star Shooter
215 posts
Offline
Earned 2 kudosu.
Hi MoodyRPG (a mod)

Easy
  • 00:00:351 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - i have a suggestion here ( just for diversity between the first part and this 00:19:244 - ) about if u would like to represent the 1/8 stream sounds instead by changing the pattern to: 00:02:450 (3) - circle then a 1/1 slider at 00:02:975 - and so on like this Image
  • 00:17:407 (1) - this one is tricky or won't be readable by new players i think u sould increase the distance snap by 0.2 at that part threfor its more readable and to fit the time gap then put it back to 1.0 x at 00:19:244 -
  • 00:36:300 - ^
  • 00:52:832 (3) - i think a reverse slider will fit better



Normal
  • 00:29:215 (4) - Move it to x256 y160 somehow plays better and resnap this to x168 y264
  • 00:34:988 (7) - move it a bit to left above (6)'s end
  • 00:49:946 (3) - flip it to face the next slider somehow looks better



  • Hard
  • 00:06:386 (7) - move it to x8 y208 looks better there imo
  • 00:18:719 (4) - what about to not stack it and move it to x80 y280 or around that
  • 00:25:279 (7) - unsnapped its way too close
  • 00:53:882 (3) - maybe a curved slider ?



  • Insane
  • 00:18:719 (5) - a bit incline it vertically like this 00:37:612 (5) - since its a bit make the start of stream unreadable thats the only issue/suggestion could found in this diff


  • (Goodluck !)
    User avatar
    Spinner Sage
    162 posts
    Offline
    No kudosu yet.
    Final Fantasy IV <3
    Image
    User avatar
    Rhythm Incarnate
    8,961 posts
    Offline
    Earned 2 kudosu.

    General
    • BG seems to be pretty low quality, maybe use something like this (still not best quality, but should be better than what you're using)


    Easy
      really solid diff, no issues


    Normal
    • 00:04:811 (1) - i'd avoid starting sliders at red tick because it feels confusing to not click on the strong beat, maybe replace by 2 notes
    • 00:12:421 (3) - maybe place at 184;136 to improve flow?
    • 00:30:790 (2,3) - same as before, i'd recommend having (2) be a 1/2 slider and (3) be a note
    • 00:32:889 (3) - slider goes out of the playfield, unrankable i think
    • 00:42:598 (1) - same as before, but since it'd ruin your symmetry here i guess no need to change
    • 00:44:435 (4,5) - maybe make these 2 sliders the same angle?
    • 00:49:683 (2,3) - same as before, (2) being a slider and (3) a note would be better


    Hard


    Insane
      no issues here as well, pretty good map
    User avatar
    Rhythm Incarnate
    2,710 posts
    Offline
    Blue Dragon wrote:

    General
    • BG seems to be pretty low quality, maybe use something like this (still not best quality, but should be better than what you're using)


    Easy
      really solid diff, no issues


    Normal
    • 00:04:811 (1) - i'd avoid starting sliders at red tick because it feels confusing to not click on the strong beat, maybe replace by 2 notes
    • 00:12:421 (3) - maybe place at 184;136 to improve flow?
    • 00:30:790 (2,3) - same as before, i'd recommend having (2) be a 1/2 slider and (3) be a note
    • 00:32:889 (3) - slider goes out of the playfield, unrankable i think
    • 00:42:598 (1) - same as before, but since it'd ruin your symmetry here i guess no need to change
    • 00:44:435 (4,5) - maybe make these 2 sliders the same angle?
    • 00:49:683 (2,3) - same as before, (2) being a slider and (3) a note would be better


    Hard


    Insane
      no issues here as well, pretty good map


    Thanks BD, all fixed
    User avatar
    Beat Clicker
    78 posts
    Offline
    Earned 1 kudosu.
    Hi, from #modreqs :)


    Easy

    Very good diff, could barely find any issues with it :D

    Though, consider the following:
    • 00:17:407 (1,2) - 00:36:300 (1,2) - To simplify the rhythm here, this pattern ended up being hard to read and to me it stands out as "not-so-in-line" with the rest of the diff. I suggest you make use of the fact you've used 1/2 reverse sliders already to simplify the rhythm like this.
    Apart from that this diff is really solid. Well done ^^


    Normal


    Hard

    This one is also pretty solid except for a minor issue that bugged me slightly ;)


    Insane

    Again, pretty good except for one single thing that should be looked into



    Since this had already been modded so much I could only find these things to point out. I hope you take them into consideration and that I helped you get a step closer to ranking your mapset. Good luck :)
    User avatar
    Rhythm Incarnate
    2,710 posts
    Offline
    Mombei wrote:
    Hi, from #modreqs :)


    Easy

    Very good diff, could barely find any issues with it :D

    Though, consider the following:
    • 00:17:407 (1,2) - 00:36:300 (1,2) - To simplify the rhythm here, this pattern ended up being hard to read and to me it stands out as "not-so-in-line" with the rest of the diff. I suggest you make use of the fact you've used 1/2 reverse sliders already to simplify the rhythm like this.
    Sound weird imo :D but is not that difficult to read, because you have some recover time for (2), should be ok
    Apart from that this diff is really solid. Well done ^^


    Normal
    • 00:04:024 (6,1,2) - According to the Difficulty-Appropriate Elements Guidelines, you should Avoid 1/2 objects after sliders which appear underneath the previous slider’s path, which includes stacks underneath sliderends. This can be problematic to newer players since they follow the entirety of the slider body and placing the following object by respecting the slider's implied movement is a lot smoother to play. 00:22:918 (6,1,2) is a good example of how to handle this pattern, I suggest you do the same there. Fixed
    • 00:30:790 (2,3) - 00:49:683 (2,3) - Same issue as above, but you can fix this more easily by changing 2s into a reverse sliders, like this. Not a big problem here unstacking or putting an reverse slider
    • 00:32:627 (2,4) - This overlap might be confuing to read for newer players, especially since 00:32:627 (2,3,4,5,6) has a dense 1/2 rhythm. A way to fix this could be moving 4 away from 2 or vice versa. ^
    • 00:47:322 (2,4) - 00:51:520 (2,4) - ^
    ^


    Hard

    This one is also pretty solid except for a minor issue that bugged me slightly ;)
    Fixed


    Insane

    Again, pretty good except for one single thing that should be looked into

    Good point but I'd keep this for now, maybe I check with BN


    Since this had already been modded so much I could only find these things to point out. I hope you take them into consideration and that I helped you get a step closer to ranking your mapset. Good luck :)


    Thanks for mod :D
    User avatar
    Global Moderator
    7,033 posts
    Offline
    Earned 1 kudosu.
    IRC Mod :D
    Code:
    20:35 Gabe: hai, what would u think of an irc mod? :3
    20:35 MoodyRPG: sure
    20:39 Gabe: I'm crying at the cuteness this song has
    20:39 Gabe: ;_____;
    20:39 MoodyRPG: really? xD
    20:40 Gabe: yesss ;_____;
    20:41 MoodyRPG: heh
    20:41 Gabe: [Easy]
    20:42 Gabe: 00:02:450 (3) - This slider should be placed up instead of being placed under the previous slider
    20:43 Gabe: What I mean here, is that the previous slider flow is facing up
    20:43 Gabe: so, this object should be moved to x:60 y:144
    20:44 MoodyRPG: fixed
    20:48 Gabe: hm.. I'm looking at the hitsounds
    20:49 Gabe: 00:03:499 (4) - A Dram sampleset whistle can be added to the beginning of this slider, since it's technically the same sound as 00:02:450 (3) - 
    20:50 MoodyRPG: added
    20:52 Gabe: I'll give you bookmarks, that you will add to the difficulty file, that will be the places I believe a drum sampleset whistle should be added
    20:53 Gabe: http://puu.sh/tQe4y/56c654794a.txt
    20:54 Gabe: otherwise, everything looks good :3
    20:55 MoodyRPG: :3
    21:01 Gabe: okayy
    21:01 Gabe: lets see normal now
    21:02 Gabe: 00:10:847 (1) - This slider end sounds pretty awkward, also considering it's lenght. What if you make it stop to 00:11:372 - instead?
    21:04 MoodyRPG: fixed
    21:06 Gabe: 00:33:939 (5) - Add a new combo here
    21:06 Gabe: (You've done it there: 00:15:045 (1) - )
    21:06 MoodyRPG: ok
    21:06 MoodyRPG: ups
    21:08 Gabe: ok, looks good :3
    21:08 Gabe: if you were adding drumsampleset whistles on easy, remember to do it on the other diffs as well!
    21:08 MoodyRPG: yeah
    21:15 Gabe: [Hard]
    21:16 Gabe: 00:37:350 (3,4) - Not sure about this one, but was it meant to be placed in the middle of the playfield? o.o
    21:17 MoodyRPG: hmm
    21:18 MoodyRPG: fixed I think
    21:21 Gabe: got nothing to say for this one
    21:21 Gabe: lol
    21:21 MoodyRPG: :D
    21:26 Gabe: and
    21:26 Gabe: guess what
    21:26 Gabe: I got nothing for insane
    21:26 Gabe: D:
    21:28 Gabe: just kidding, I got a thing
    21:28 Gabe: 00:07:698 (3) - CTRL+G?
    21:28 MoodyRPG: fixed
    21:28 Gabe: cool
    21:28 Gabe: :D


    Really good map ~ <3
    User avatar
    Rhythm Incarnate
    2,710 posts
    Offline
    Gabe wrote:
    IRC Mod :D
    Code:
    20:35 Gabe: hai, what would u think of an irc mod? :3
    20:35 MoodyRPG: sure
    20:39 Gabe: I'm crying at the cuteness this song has
    20:39 Gabe: ;_____;
    20:39 MoodyRPG: really? xD
    20:40 Gabe: yesss ;_____;
    20:41 MoodyRPG: heh
    20:41 Gabe: [Easy]
    20:42 Gabe: 00:02:450 (3) - This slider should be placed up instead of being placed under the previous slider
    20:43 Gabe: What I mean here, is that the previous slider flow is facing up
    20:43 Gabe: so, this object should be moved to x:60 y:144
    20:44 MoodyRPG: fixed
    20:48 Gabe: hm.. I'm looking at the hitsounds
    20:49 Gabe: 00:03:499 (4) - A Dram sampleset whistle can be added to the beginning of this slider, since it's technically the same sound as 00:02:450 (3) - 
    20:50 MoodyRPG: added
    20:52 Gabe: I'll give you bookmarks, that you will add to the difficulty file, that will be the places I believe a drum sampleset whistle should be added
    20:53 Gabe: http://puu.sh/tQe4y/56c654794a.txt
    20:54 Gabe: otherwise, everything looks good :3
    20:55 MoodyRPG: :3
    21:01 Gabe: okayy
    21:01 Gabe: lets see normal now
    21:02 Gabe: 00:10:847 (1) - This slider end sounds pretty awkward, also considering it's lenght. What if you make it stop to 00:11:372 - instead?
    21:04 MoodyRPG: fixed
    21:06 Gabe: 00:33:939 (5) - Add a new combo here
    21:06 Gabe: (You've done it there: 00:15:045 (1) - )
    21:06 MoodyRPG: ok
    21:06 MoodyRPG: ups
    21:08 Gabe: ok, looks good :3
    21:08 Gabe: if you were adding drumsampleset whistles on easy, remember to do it on the other diffs as well!
    21:08 MoodyRPG: yeah
    21:15 Gabe: [Hard]
    21:16 Gabe: 00:37:350 (3,4) - Not sure about this one, but was it meant to be placed in the middle of the playfield? o.o
    21:17 MoodyRPG: hmm
    21:18 MoodyRPG: fixed I think
    21:21 Gabe: got nothing to say for this one
    21:21 Gabe: lol
    21:21 MoodyRPG: :D
    21:26 Gabe: and
    21:26 Gabe: guess what
    21:26 Gabe: I got nothing for insane
    21:26 Gabe: D:
    21:28 Gabe: just kidding, I got a thing
    21:28 Gabe: 00:07:698 (3) - CTRL+G?
    21:28 MoodyRPG: fixed
    21:28 Gabe: cool
    21:28 Gabe: :D


    Really good map ~ <3


    Thanks for IRC mod Gabe, kds ;)
    User avatar
    Rhythm Incarnate
    7,637 posts
    Offline
    Earned 1 kudosu.
    Hi

    Insane.
    00:01:400 (6,7,8) - I see several designs like this. Currently, it seems you are following the spacings according the "distance snapping". However considering (7) to be a short repeat slider with several reverses, blindly following the distance snappings aren't really reflecting the actual movements according to spacings. Rather, keeping the spacing according to the visuals would make the spacings actually consistent, and result some organized appearance. So, basically think doing something similar as what you've done at 00:04:024 (4,1)! Same idea could be applied at 00:20:293 (6,7,8) - 00:24:492 (6,7,8) - 00:39:187 (6,7,8).
    00:07:698 (3) - Can this get placed at a better balanced position between 00:06:648 (1,2)?
    00:10:716 (11,1) - This is the only one with a stream stacked, and considering other similar stream concepts weren't using this idea again, I consider this inconsistency.
    00:10:060 (6,7,8) - 00:14:258 (6,7,8) - 00:29:084 (6) - 00:33:152 (5,6,7) - 00:47:846 (5,6,7) - 00:52:045 (5,6,7) - The rhythms here should be a 1/6. I wouldn't consider 1/4 to be a simplified rhythm since those are basically different to be. Please use an accurate rhythm to represent the song properly~

    Fine work, but I'd say good luck.
    User avatar
    Rhythm Incarnate
    2,710 posts
    Offline
    Sonnyc wrote:
    Hi

    Insane.
    00:01:400 (6,7,8) - I see several designs like this. Currently, it seems you are following the spacings according the "distance snapping". However considering (7) to be a short repeat slider with several reverses, blindly following the distance snappings aren't really reflecting the actual movements according to spacings. Rather, keeping the spacing according to the visuals would make the spacings actually consistent, and result some organized appearance. So, basically think doing something similar as what you've done at 00:04:024 (4,1)! Same idea could be applied at 00:20:293 (6,7,8) - 00:24:492 (6,7,8) - 00:39:187 (6,7,8).
    00:07:698 (3) - Can this get placed at a better balanced position between 00:06:648 (1,2)?
    00:10:716 (11,1) - This is the only one with a stream stacked, and considering other similar stream concepts weren't using this idea again, I consider this inconsistency.
    00:10:060 (6,7,8) - 00:14:258 (6,7,8) - 00:29:084 (6) - 00:33:152 (5,6,7) - 00:47:846 (5,6,7) - 00:52:045 (5,6,7) - The rhythms here should be a 1/6. I wouldn't consider 1/4 to be a simplified rhythm since those are basically different to be. Please use an accurate rhythm to represent the song properly~

    Fine work, but I'd say good luck.


    Thanks Sonnyc but the first point I don't understand lol, I'll send you an PM
    User avatar
    Rhythm Incarnate
    945 posts
    Offline
    Earned 1 kudosu.
    bop
    Code:
    21:53 PolkaMocha: Hey you asked me for a mod eons ago on
    21:53 *PolkaMocha is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1103291 Nobuo Uematsu - Parom & Polom]
    21:53 PolkaMocha: Would you be interested in doing an IRC mod?
    21:53 MoodyRPG: oh hey
    21:53 MoodyRPG: sure
    21:53 PolkaMocha: Great. Let me know when you're ready.
    21:54 MoodyRPG: in a bit
    21:54 PolkaMocha: Alrighty. Just say when 
    21:56 MoodyRPG: ok let's do it
    21:56 PolkaMocha: Great.
    21:56 PolkaMocha: -Easy-
    21:56 PolkaMocha: First off, kudos to you and your patience for mapping the same track what three times?
    21:56 PolkaMocha: Go u
    21:57 MoodyRPG: yep, three times
    21:57 PolkaMocha: 00:02:450 (3) - Your target audience wont know how to play this small slider
    21:57 PolkaMocha: Try something simpler.
    21:58 MoodyRPG: any idea?
    21:58 PolkaMocha: Let me see
    21:59 PolkaMocha: You could do two circles
    21:59 PolkaMocha: don't stack them though
    22:00 MoodyRPG: ok
    22:00 PolkaMocha: next?
    22:01 MoodyRPG: yes
    22:01 PolkaMocha: 00:17:407 (1) - this is awkward for beginners. Chances are they'll hit early. Try this:
    22:02 PolkaMocha: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7601824
    22:02 PolkaMocha: look at the timeline tho not the playspace
    22:09 MoodyRPG: fixed
    22:09 PolkaMocha: cool
    22:09 PolkaMocha: 00:21:343 (3) - /triggered/
    22:09 MoodyRPG: fixed too :D
    22:09 PolkaMocha: WOWIE
    22:10 PolkaMocha: 00:27:641 (1) - bend this later so it bends to the beat
    22:12 MoodyRPG: example?
    22:12 PolkaMocha: see the slider ticks?
    22:13 PolkaMocha: bend it at the second one
    22:14 MoodyRPG: ok
    22:14 PolkaMocha: 00:33:939 (3) - did ya get this one too?
    22:16 MoodyRPG: yes
    22:17 PolkaMocha: good
    22:17 PolkaMocha: 00:36:300 (1,2) - ouo this too?
    22:18 MoodyRPG: that too
    22:18 PolkaMocha: damn go u
    22:19 PolkaMocha: 00:54:931 (1) -  shouldnt you map this and then put the spinner where it fades out?
    22:21 MoodyRPG: hmm
    22:21 MoodyRPG: I really want to end this map here
    22:21 PolkaMocha: fair enough
    22:21 PolkaMocha: nORMAL
    22:24 PolkaMocha: 00:17:145 - no circle here? theres a sound there and the pattern would be easier to read
    22:25 MoodyRPG: whoops
    22:25 MoodyRPG: my bad
    22:25 MoodyRPG: fixed
    22:26 PolkaMocha: kewl
    22:26 PolkaMocha: 00:36:300 (1) - here too?
    22:26 MoodyRPG: fixed
    22:27 PolkaMocha: 00:51:520 (2) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7601922 ?
    22:28 MoodyRPG: sure
    22:29 PolkaMocha: hARD
    22:29 PolkaMocha: 00:04:024 (4) - THis lands on a beat that should be clickable
    22:29 PolkaMocha: I would make it a circle
    22:29 PolkaMocha: or if not a circle, a half slider
    22:33 MoodyRPG: half slider imo
    22:33 PolkaMocha: Cool cool
    22:33 PolkaMocha: Make sure to change it everywhere else
    22:33 PolkaMocha: and thats about it for hard
    22:35 MoodyRPG: done
    22:35 PolkaMocha: INSANE
    22:35 PolkaMocha: 00:21:343 (1,2) - spacing is really close
    22:37 MoodyRPG: fixed
    22:37 PolkaMocha: 00:46:534 (1,2,3) - scoot this down a tad its super close to the hp bar
    22:38 MoodyRPG: moved
    22:38 PolkaMocha: And that's it
    22:39 PolkaMocha: this is a solid ass set my man. I would look for some BNs soon if I were you.
    22:39 PolkaMocha: Great job here!
    22:40 MoodyRPG: thanks Polka
    22:40 MoodyRPG: and I'm looking for BNs now but is hard to find in these days :<
    22:40 PolkaMocha: It's
    22:40 PolkaMocha: ridiculously hard.
    22:40 MoodyRPG: yeah
    22:41 MoodyRPG: always inactive, lazyness, life stuff, etc
    22:41 PolkaMocha: It's kind of ridiculous.
    22:42 PolkaMocha: Here let me ask a mutual o3o
    22:42 MoodyRPG: heh well
    22:43 MoodyRPG: mutual? e.e
    22:43 MoodyRPG: btw I saw your Animal Crossing's maps
    22:43 PolkaMocha: Yeah mutual friend who's a BN. He just got off though I missed him.
    22:43 PolkaMocha: OH DID YOU
    22:43 MoodyRPG: yep
    22:43 MoodyRPG: really good job
    22:44 PolkaMocha: Thank you very much ouo
    22:44 MoodyRPG: every song is good
    22:44 PolkaMocha: the song or the map
    22:44 MoodyRPG: the two things
    22:44 PolkaMocha: Oh thank you very much <3
    22:45 PolkaMocha: More to come ouo b
    22:45 MoodyRPG: glad to hear, we need more VGM
    22:45 PolkaMocha: Specifically more instrumental vgm
    22:45 MoodyRPG: yes
    22:45 MoodyRPG: post in the thread for kds
    22:46 PolkaMocha: Can do buckaroo
    22:46 PolkaMocha: Sorry it took me so long to get to this
    22:46 PolkaMocha: Ive been out of the modding game for super long
    22:46 PolkaMocha: if its any consolation, feel free to ask for a mod on anything else and Ill get to it <1 week 
    This is a BSS beatmap submission. Click here to view full beatmap information.
    Reply 33 posts jump | 1, 2, 3  next

    Users browsing this forum: None


    Jump to: