forum

[Archived] 1080p on 4k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cheon-Il
Problem Details:
The in game settings do not allow me to play osu! at 1080p fullscreen. Using the fullscreen option will minimize the screen area. If I change my display settings and scale down to 1080p, opening osu! will reset my resolution to 4k. After changing my resolution to 1080p and restarting my pc, osu! will display as if it were 4k on a 1080p screen, but I can't access the options because of the scaling.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://imgur.com/a/rA4Li
1080p with 4k resolution
http://imgur.com/a/OdI3J
1080p resolution

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Veross
Go to you osu!.PcName.cfg file and edit it with Notepad or other editing programs

Find the width and lenght lines and change them to the resolution your monitor can display, so it will be *Fullscreen* without really being set to Fs.

Only possibility I can think of :(

Hope it helps ! :) :)
Topic Starter
Cheon-Il
I'm using an xps 15, and I'm able to average 45 frames+ using integrated graphics. When I run osu! using the gtx 960m, I can get 90+ fps, but I then have a diagonal top-left to bottom-right screen tear that fuzzes up the hit circles when I play. This becomes even more pronounced when I turn vsync on. The weird thing about this screen tear is that when I change my fullscreen resolution in osu!, the screen area minimizes to account for the 1920x1080, and the screen tear reverses direction from top-right to bottom-left. I can visibly see this graphical line on my screen, but when I take a screenshot or screen capture a video, it doesn't show up. The reason I want to get osu! to work fullscreen 1080p is so I can play with smooth graphics and little to no lag.
VeilStar
Open osu! while holding shift untill a recovery window pops up, you can change osu!'s resolution and mode (windowed/fullscreen/borderless) in there and then launch osu!. Screen tearing is normal if you're running osu! in fullscreen (or any other game that runs in native fullscreen). Using borderless windowed mode or enabling vsync gets around this at the cost of input lag.
Topic Starter
Cheon-Il
Following the previous suggestions didn't help fix my issue. Today, however, I was able to set my in-game resolution to 1920x1080 fullscreen with my system's display at 4k, and it happened to function properly. There is a slight bit of horizontal tearing, but my fps is consistently high, and the game feels much smoother.
HyungBoi
Hi, out of curiosity how much fps are you hitting with your XPS? I'm buying one this week and was debating between the 4K and the 1080 models.
Upskirt

AbSrD wrote:

Hi, out of curiosity how much fps are you hitting with your XPS? I'm buying one this week and was debating between the 4K and the 1080 models.
Create a thread about that in General Discussion if you want another opinion. You can also Google plenty of reviews for it.

A 960m is a cut down version of the 960 and it isn't exactly powerful but it will be able to play osu! comfortably.

Cheon-Il wrote:

Following the previous suggestions didn't help fix my issue. Today, however, I was able to set my in-game resolution to 1920x1080 fullscreen with my system's display at 4k, and it happened to function properly. There is a slight bit of horizontal tearing, but my fps is consistently high, and the game feels much smoother.
It was mentioned prior that screen-tearing is normal if you don't use v-sync or windowed. If your FPS is high and you are low input latency then you are good to go.