forum

[Archived] Osu! Struttering and fps drop, i need help.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Naidaaka
Hi all, i recently bought a brand new Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, everything works amazing, besides osu.
Basically i have a really weird issue that in the past 7 days and still, i'm not able to resolve, (said that this problem didn't happen with my old vga, an R9 380) that's the issue:

When i play osu with nothing on background everything works fine, i've stable 0.40ms on 144hz, if i put a stream (watching on twitch but happens in every stream like youtube etc) on 2nd monitor and try to move the mouse in the osu window, latency goes from 0.70/0.80 to 2-3 ms, ok that's not even that strange but if i open Teamspeak too, the game begins literally unplayable, with fps like at 30 40 and latency over 10-15 ms (in the same situations, this didn't happen with the old vga).

This problem won't happen if i keep opened only 1 of those 2 things, but this problem happens aswell when i try to stream on twitch with obs, makes the game lags, but still playable, i got 1.4 - 1.5ms with occasional spikes of 19ms lol, meanwhile people like AngeLMegumin who has basically the same setup as mine has 0.80ms while streaming. (we talked about it for 10 minutes or so, and even he doesn't know what is going on http://puu.sh/rpTK1/6f8cae3d7f.png )

Explained (i hope, my english is bad af) the issue, that's the things i've learned in these days:

At first i was thinking that i got a damaged VGA but i've done a lot of tests, and the vga works amazing:
I get stable 190-200 fps on Overwatch at epic details 1920x1080 144hz with 0 fps drop(which is as benchmarks says, even more)
League of Legends works amazing aswell, 200-300 stable fps at max details, with peaks of 550-600.
Even heavier games like Ashes of the singularity,works amazing.

That's the final tests

the benchmarks are great and even more than average (which is 14.5 14.8k for what i've seen with same or similar configuration) so the vga itself isn't the problem.

I tried like everything:
-I changed drivers, i'm running the latest nvidia drivers 372.90 whql atm, i've tried every other driver that supports the gtx 1070 but nothing changed.
-Letterboxing or fullscreening (even with changed resolution, mine is 1440x900 /w letterbox) won't change anything.
-I've tried turning on/off VSync, from game and even from nvidia control panel, it won't change anything aswell.
-I've tried to change power consumption settings from nvidia panel, but nothing, atm i'm working on Prefer max performance.
-I've tried a fully clean installation of osu, and nothing.
-Yesterday, i've changed my HD with an SSD Crucial 525gb, by completely clean-installing everything (Windows included), but the issue was still there.
-I've tried unlocking/locking out fps in every way but it won't change anything aswell as you can see in this screen with fps locked on 240: http://puu.sh/rpVep/35b3c65a03.jpg

Those are my specs if it may helps in any way:
MB: Asus z170 pro gaming
CPU: Intel core i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
PSU: XFX XTR 550w 80+ Gold
Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster Z
Hard drives: SSD Crucial 525gb (osu is installed here with the o.s. and other things) and a secondary HD Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm
Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z
O.S. : Windows 8.1 64bit

I probably forgot something that i've tried, i don't know, i'm totally out of resources right now, i don't know what else to try, i really hope that someone can help me out at this point. Thanks in advance!
Dntm8kmeeatu
Switch to cutting edge and please replicate. Then share your performance.log here.

Be sure to put it in a BBCode Box.
Topic Starter
Naidaaka
Thank you very much for answering, i switched to cutting edge, it changed a bit, but still the lag makes everything unplayable.
Oh, i've seen a things i don't know if it may count something so i'll say it anyway: when i move the cursor with mouse, the lag is horrible, but if i move the cursor with my tablet, the lag is a little bit softer but still unplayable.

Since this won't make me pos the log cause it exceeds the maximum character, i'll upload it: http://puu.sh/rqfud/1d2231a51f.log

Thanks again!
Natahotra

Naidaaka wrote:

if i put a stream (watching on twitch but happens in every stream like youtube etc) on 2nd monitor
Have you tried unplugging that 2nd monitor and seeing if it makes a difference?
Topic Starter
Naidaaka

Knife Party wrote:

Naidaaka wrote:

if i put a stream (watching on twitch but happens in every stream like youtube etc) on 2nd monitor
Have you tried unplugging that 2nd monitor and seeing if it makes a difference?

Yes i've actually tried to unplug both of my secondary monitors (i have 3 monitors) because i heard that the new gtxs has a problem with display ports and that monitor which i use for the streams is plugged with display port so i've already tried to leave plugged only 1 but the situation is the same ;(
Natahotra

Naidaaka wrote:

Yes i've actually tried to unplug both of my secondary monitors (i have 3 monitors) because i heard that the new gtxs has a problem with display ports and that monitor which i use for the streams is plugged with display port so i've already tried to leave plugged only 1 but the situation is the same ;
All montiors are the same model, ya? If they aren't, try using different monitors.
Topic Starter
Naidaaka

Knife Party wrote:

All montiors are the same model, ya? If they aren't, try using different monitors.
Well, i've the main screen which is a BenQ XL2411Z as said before, the other 2 are both Acer G227hql so yes, they are the same extact model, however i even tried to fully unplug them both from my gpu, and the results are pretty much the same so i don't think the monitors are the problem, also because i had the same exact setup as before i changed my vga from an msi r9 380 to a gtx 1070, and this problem never happened before (as said there are no hardware issues tho)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Just to check, Have you disabled Shaders? And have you tried using a different skin?
Topic Starter
Naidaaka

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Just to check, Have you disabled Shaders? And have you tried using a different skin?
You mean from nvidia control panel, from osu or both? No i haven't btw, i will try when i get to home and yes i've tried plenty of skins and nothing changes.

Edit: Shaders are already disabled on osu! sadly and touching them from nvidia control panel doesn't do anything aswell.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Alright let's get rid of this situation finally, after trying all the things listed above (even formatting) and nothing seemed to work, with the energy of despair (LMAO)
I did another formatting, but instead of reinstalling the latest nvidia drivers, i let windows install automatically the nvidia drivers and windows installed the 368.39 (i tried before formatting the 2nd time, installing this version of the drivers cleaning the previous 372.90/70 with DDU but seemed to not work) and now everything works fine finally! i get 0.30ms in game, i tried to do those things concurrently: playing while watching a stream on 2nd monitor, stay logged and talk in Teamspeak while streaming with obs on twitch with antoher game opened too (Ashes of the singularity) and i get 0 fps drop with stable 0.60ms!

So i still don't actually know what was the problem here, i'm not that good as programming lmao, but if you are experiencing weird problems like this one, and nothing seems to work, try to do what i did.
Thanks both Knife Pary and Dntm8kmeeatu for helping me!