forum

[resolved] Beatmap not automatically imported to song folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StrikeGundam
Problem Details:
Hi, I've suddenly stumbled across the situation in which my beatmaps are not automatically imported to a song folder after clicking on it. I was originally able to have the songs imported to the song file by merely double clicking on the file. I've had this happen several times, but my solution was to reinstall the entire game. Even though it worked, I feel like it is extremely tedious having to redownload the songs. I'd like to know how I can solve this issue so that I can easily resolve it the next time that it occurs to me. Thank you so much for any help!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://imgur.com/a/B0t9R
http://imgur.com/a/cX4tu

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Kao
The cause of this is usually wrong file permissions, try setting your file permissions correctly for osu! to be able to transfer files correctly.
Running the osu! repair dialog helps too

1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, click on the "Repair osu!" option
Note: If you have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, opening that also works.

Also, since this have been happening several times, are you sure there isn't any antivirus program that's blocking osu! into importing your beatmaps into the folder?

And you don't have to re-download every song after a fresh reinstall, you just have to put back the Songs folders (assuming you backed it up) and then it'll be reloaded in the game
Dntm8kmeeatu
Rick click the files and select "Open with..."

Then choose osu! (You may have to manually find the .exe) and leave the checkbox saying "Use this program to always run these files" checked.

Should resolve your issue.
Kao

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Rick click the files and select "Open with..."

Then choose osu! (You may have to manually find the .exe) and leave the checkbox saying "Use this program to always run these files" checked.

Should resolve your issue.
Probably isn't
You could see the type being an osu! beatmap in his op here
which is the same as mine when osu! is set.

trying to set it to run with another program made it OSK file (tested on 7zip & chrome)
Does the same with replay maps, Skins etc.

OT: Kinda scary trying to correct you :o
Topic Starter
StrikeGundam
Oh wow! Thank you both! I really appreciate the help. Now I know how to do this in the future \o Again, thank you so much