forum

[Archived] Installing osu! needs fast connection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Damaree
As you all know, PH(Philippines) is one of has the slowest internet connection. Because I reformat my PC(having a virus), then im reinstalling osu! since its a lightweight and can handle slow internet. But I didnt expect that I cant install if I have slow connection since there's a big updates in the past days. . Well, I can understand that I cant install osu!if I have a very slow net connection(like 10-40kbps/sec), so I decide to install it in the morning(6-8am). But when I do it, im always stuck at 60-89% then back to 0%(problem occured, check the internet connection) appeared in the screen. So that means i have to install at midnight(coz at that time the PH connection get fast) or asking my family members to off their connection(WiFi)? Good thing they understand me and off all their connections and it takes 20-30 min to completely install osu!. But I cant do it next time coz they will scold and get angry at me, and I cant install at midnight(need to sleep you know). In the next update plzz. . . Let also the slowest connection install this game without problems, and understand our poor connection. . .
Kao
I understand how you feel
Have you solved this issue? If not, just download the old installer instead. That way the download won't restart every time.
https://m1.ppy.sh/release/osu!install.exe