forum

Hardest Ranked Map in osu standard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cryo -
My friend and I are having an argument which map is harder, Scarlet Rose or Tengaku. Opinions?
Bara-
Scarlet Rose is incredibly easy
Apparition is the real deal, just as Genryuu Kaiko (HW)/Deconstruction Star (HW)/Odoru Mizushibuki (HW)
Basically any HW map is harder than Scarlet Rose
mulraf
scarlet rose really is really easy. tengaku is pretty damn tough but not the hardest. apparition really should be the hardest. but yeah, the ones that bara said. then there's speed of link, lindwurm, any mazzerin map (cosmic cortex etc.) and routing i guess.
7ambda

mulraf wrote:

scarlet rose really is really easy. tengaku is pretty damn tough but not the hardest. apparition really should be the hardest. but yeah, the ones that bara said. then there's speed of link, lindwurm, any mazzerin map (cosmic cortex etc.) and routing i guess.
Speed of Link is possibly harder than Apparition (at least on nomod).
Caput Mortuum
Speed of link only focused on streaming skills.. While Lindwurm, you got to be an alternating god to beat that
iderekmc

Bara- wrote:

Apparition is the real deal, just as Genryuu Kaiko (HW)/Deconstruction Star (HW)/Odoru Mizushibuki (HW)

if scarlet rose is so easy how come less than 50 people have fcd it since 2011? xD
this means that many people with over 8k pp can't fc it xD
PriestMVP

iderekmc wrote:

Bara- wrote:

if scarlet rose is so easy how come less than 50 people have fcd it since 2011? xD
this means that many people with over 8k pp can't fc it xD

I don't think he meant Scarlet Rose is easy... I think what he meant was compared to other maps out there Scarlet Rose is easy.

Apparation is absolutely insane, same with Speed of Link.

EDIT: I think it's a safe assumption to say Tengaku is harder than Scarlet Rose
Frikandel
Scarlet Rose was once seen as the hardest map because there weren't as many crazy maps back then as there are now, and everyone was much less experienced.
Yuudachi-kun
Shotgun Symphony

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/32570

Still no non-ez fcs
PinkNightmares

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Shotgun Symphony

Still no non-ez fcs
The problem with this map is that there are so many patterns you can break on even if you have the skill to aim it and memorize everything. FCing the ridiculous triplets and clearing the shotgun slider in the same run is gonna need quite a bit of luck. I can see EZDT happening before someone can get close to a nomod fc.
7ambda

Mein Gauche wrote:

Speed of link only focused on streaming skills.. While Lindwurm, you got to be an alternating god to beat that
If you factor in HT, it's easier than Lindwurm and Apparition, but on nomod, it's arguably harder than both.
NeXt4r_
is tengaku
Yuudachi-kun

B1oody wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Shotgun Symphony

Still no non-ez fcs
The problem with this map is that there are so many patterns you can break on even if you have the skill to aim it and memorize everything. FCing the ridiculous triplets and clearing the shotgun slider in the same run is gonna need quite a bit of luck. I can see EZDT happening before someone can get close to a nomod fc.
So it's the hardest?
Bara-
Hell no
It's not hard to pass, just hard to FC due to small circles and the map being ridiculously old
Apparition still has no FC, not even HT (inb4 Millhiore gets EZHT FC)
Yuudachi-kun
"Not hard to pass"

"Using pass as a requirement"

Using old map as a slur compared to newer overstarred maps

Sorry if hard to you only equates to SR, bpm, and how big the jumps are.
Caput Mortuum
You should never compare newer maps to the old retarded ones.
Yuudachi-kun
You should never disregard old maps because you dont/cant play them.
Caput Mortuum
Actually you should. Just being stupidly mapped is enough for a reason. Or I can make a 240 bpm with 1/4 fullscreen jumps and call it the hardest map ever. No. It's just stupid.

Anyways, back to topic. With today's rules, with today's guidelines, with today's definition of "good maps",I still think Lindwurm is hard.
ZenPie

Bara- wrote:

Is HW aka HollowWings?
PinkNightmares

Mein Gauche wrote:

You should never compare newer maps to the old retarded ones.
Performance: 1,408pp
Play Count: 10,821
You seem to have plenty of experience with older maps and mapping in general to call them "retarded".
show more