forum

AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kharl
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, April 05, 2009 at 5:33:36 PM

Artist: AKITO
Title: 桜華月 (Sakura Kagetsu)
BPM: 138
Filesize: 12103kb
Play Time: 02:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.97 stars, 102 notes)
  2. Normal (2.17 stars, 129 notes)
  3. Hard (3.8 stars, 178 notes)
  4. Pasonia's Insane (5 stars, 407 notes)
Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu
Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Edit 4/5/09: Add Pasonia's Insane difficulty, Kiai mode, and a couple of custom skin elements. Please redownload the whole .osz file.
A homebrew JP-Trance song highly praised among Beatmania players and then later is featured in DJMAX is now available for Osu! MV and background Image are taken from the Stepmania version of this song included in StrawberrySteps album. I hope you enjoy the song as much as I am :D

Easy level is really, well, easy. It should be suitable for beginners. Normal level is a watered-down version of Hard, but still challenging.
Extor
I can only say one thing: "PERFECT!"

I love the beat spacing on this one, and how the notes goes with the music... and everything! :3

I'm waiting for the easy version and this one should go to the rankings right away. (After it gets reviewed by another mod)
Topic Starter
Kharl
Easy and Normal level added! Get the updated version or download the map files below.

Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (Kharl) [Easy].osu

Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (Kharl) [Normal].osu
peppy
Another quality map. This is rankable material.
Extor
And now it's a fact! This one is a ranked song.

*adds*
eyup
Fantastic work Kharl - beautiful song and a really nice set of beatmaps to boot. Only one minor criticism - the placement (or even inclusion) of the last break feels a bit odd because only a few more notes come after it before the song ends. Other than that, really top quality stuff!
Topic Starter
Kharl

eyup wrote:

Fantastic work Kharl - beautiful song and a really nice set of beatmaps to boot. Only one minor criticism - the placement (or even inclusion) of the last break feels a bit odd because only a few more notes come after it before the song ends. Other than that, really top quality stuff!
Yes, I'm well aware of that (I mean the break, that is). At first, I didn't intend to insert any break. But after I tried insert notes in that very part and played though it, I realized that the banging sounds from the notes didn't go along well with the music, which suddenly became very soft and quiet, and I can't switch to soft sounds in the middle of the song either. So I decided to replace them with break which IMO better fits the music's tranquil mood. Anyway, thank you for feedbacks. And it's good to know that you enjoy the song too. :)
Pasonia
-
Topic Starter
Kharl
As I mentioned in the chat, Your map can be more intense (it's supposed to be an Insane map, right?). I've roughly reworked the first section (and some other random places) to show what could be done to improve it, timing wise. My suggestions are:

- Fill in those 2-3 beats long pauses. They're okay for easier maps (and can be good for Easy map as they give players time to read and prepare for the next combo), but not the harder ones.
- Try to synchronize the beat placement with the background video where appropriate. This is optional and is a matter of mapping style. It gives your map a nice touch but don't overdo it, though. (Btw, I like your placement from 1:47:659-1:49:398 ^^)

Download: AKITO - Sakura Kagetsu (Kharl) [Pasonia's Insane Revised].osu
Pasonia
-
Topic Starter
Kharl
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pasonia
-
Pasonia
-
Topic Starter
Kharl
Awesome! I suggest adding the Kiai mode between 1:23:529 and 1:51:355.

Also, these are my WIP custom skin elements from my RevenG - Sakura map, but it looks great for this map too.

ShaggoN
Great job guys. :D
This is masterpiece.
Inferior_old
great job! ;)
Zanthos
Don't know if it's just me but the background is blank for some reason?
On all difficulties too.
Not sure if my beatmap has ballsed up or if it's a global thing :)

Great map btw!
Well, of what I can play, I still suck too much to play the 3.8* version properly.
Claudia_old

Zanthos wrote:

Don't know if it's just me but the background is blank for some reason?
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:01 am (over 3 years ago)
no shit sherlock
Litharrale
WWW the 600pp guy
Swiftrax
#600hype
show more