forum

Easy mod, cooldown timer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +158
Topic Starter
Pagno
Hi

is it possible to add an option to enable/disable the timer that (sometimes) occurs when you lose lives with the mod Easy?
It gets quite troublesome when the whole song stops and restarts few seconds after without a timing indication.

It becomes even more troublesome when it's played with Easy + Hidden mod, since you can't understand when to press the notes which have disappeared.

Also there appears to be a bug which occurs when you fail and there are a lot of notes on the screen, the cooldown timer does not start at all in that case and the song just goes on.

Thank you
MillhioreF
Really, the failure cooldown timer needs two things:

1) It needs to be consistent (sometimes it starts right away, sometimes it takes a couple seconds, seems to depend on the note density and whether it's the first or second life)
2) It needs a 3 2 1 GO instead of starting non-rhythmically

If it had both of those things, I don't think I'd mind it at all. It wouldn't really help Easy+Hidden, but honestly it's your own fault for playing that :P
Bara-
Yes
If I miss on EZ, especially on a notelocked-jump map I'll Always lose all 3 lives, since it starts so random, and the notelocking will come back since you'll miss the first note
Topic Starter
Pagno
I think that even the 3 2 1 go thingy would not be too accurate as you may have failed on a blue-tick note therefore it would be impossible to grasp the correct timing
Topic Starter
Pagno
Please add an option to remove the countdown timer
johnmedina999

Pagno wrote:

Please add an option to remove the countdown timer
Starting right away after you lose a life wouldn't be too bad either.
Topic Starter
Pagno
yes that's the point no music stop
Topic Starter
Pagno
please remove any pause after failing
Topic Starter
Pagno
please
Anemic Witch
If you play EZ for practice you can use it with NF.
Kondou-Shinichi

Master_chan wrote:

If you play EZ for practice you can use it with NF.
you dont play ez for practice df
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Pagno wrote:

I think that even the 3 2 1 go thingy would not be too accurate as you may have failed on a blue-tick note therefore it would be impossible to grasp the correct timing
If countdown will be added, It would be possible if after failing, osu! should start the song 3 or 4 'white' ticks before the current state... I think it will solve the blue, red or yellow tick situation... :3

Also, adding option for toggle will be great... For the sake of noobs like me,... adding a star!! ;D
Kondou-Shinichi
HOW ABOUT NO COOLDOWN TIMER
Topic Starter
Pagno
NO COOLDOWN TIMER START INSTANTLY PLEASE
[Suguri]
gibe
Basch
WHAT ABOUT A x3 TIMES LONGER LIFEBAR.
Topic Starter
Pagno
please no cooldown timer can't continue playing after losing one life in ez+hd
LunaBintu
I think this would be interesting. I can see the reason to play on EZ instead of NF in this situation, at least for beginners. Removing the cooldown timer altogether would not be a great idea, as on things like stream maps, some people may attempt to tryhard and beat them before they are capable with the assistance of ez and the cooldown can assist with stamina. The main issue I see with this request currently is that I don’t see any ideas on how this could be implemented. In my opinion, you could have 2 mods on the spot where EZ mod is currently(similar to SD and PF) and give this other form of the mod a different name, like simple mod or something like that. It would not be very ideal to just have a setting hidden somewhere or a prompt every time someone uses the mod. I don’t use EZ mod myself, but hopefully this helps.
Vuelo Eluko
There's no reason this wouldn't work, this is exactly how it functions in multiplayer, and those plays are submitted just the same as single player ez scores. It is also better for the player than pausing. Let's face it, any change that makes this mod easier is a good change as it's currently the only score penalty mod that makes the game more difficult, at least in the opinion of 99% of players, who will do worse on a map with ez than without.
Topic Starter
Pagno
please remove it
show more