forum

Why people hate weebs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Buster
i dont get it about people hating weebs

Edit:im not a weeaboo or otaku im just an fan of anime and i watch western cartoons
GSG95
Why would anyone like a weeb?

I think you might be confusing "weeaboo" with a regular fan.

Here, have this image I pulled off of Google images.

Topic Starter
Buster

GSG95 wrote:

Why would anyone like a weeb?

I think you might be confusing "weeaboo" with a regular fan.

Here, have this image I pulled off of Google images.

Ok im not much of a weeaboo and otaku im just a typical anime fan
Mo mit o
I think he means, that some people dislike you as a person when they know you like anime.
TheLonePiggy
weaboos are bad anime fans are not
Meah
Because people think it's weird.
FINGERLOCK
Otaku is extremely negative in meaning as it is used to refer to someone who stays at home all the time and doesn't have a life (no social life, no love life, etc)

Usually an otaku person has nothing better to do with their life so they pass the time by watching anime, playing videogames, surfing the internet (otaku is also used to refer to a nerd/hacker/programmer).

In the Western culture, people confuse otaku to be something positive like "Guru". If you think about it, it's not really good to be called a guru if it means you are a total loser who can't socialize with other people except through the Internet.

Other Japanese words which have been confused by Westerners also include but not limited to: Anime, Manga, etc
weeaboo
1. Any self-proclaiming anime fan who alienates themselve from their own society and assimilate into the Japanese culture from which they know little-to-none about; using their so-called anime knowledge as a guide, which destined them to ultimate failure in assimilation. 2. A special breed of anime fans who put Japan on a pedastol and prefer them over any other countries in terms of multimedia, courtship, etc... (E.g. prefer Japanese/Asian sprouses, prefer J-music > Amer. music, wanna live and die Japan, etc...) As far as anime goes, they know only little. For example, the average weeaboo knows only americanized anime; preferly uncut with jap. audio and eng. subs ( E.g. Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, Haruhi Suziyama, Lucky Star, etc...) and memorized every japanese song from their favorite shows.

Note: Anybody who watches some anime and reads manga are not weeaboos. Those who go over-broaded with their anime, hentai, and pocky obsession are.
Runiel
Otaku:

Weeaboo:

obviously
Rurree
I don't hate them, they are just really obnoxious.
NeXt4r_
idk
kai99
hi im weeb.

Lolinator2000 wrote:

Edit:im not a weeaboo or otaku im just an fan of anime and i watch western cartoons
Blitzfrog

Lolinator2000 wrote:

i dont get it about people hating weebs

Same bruh
Just like anime, not WEEB weeb

Minority usually gets bullied, so not surprised :/
Fhaye
Insecurity
johnmedina999
People hate weeaboos when they don't hide their power level and shove their interests down people's throats.
There_old_1
The real question here is ...

Why the F not ?!