forum

Camellia - Singularity [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Evening
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, 9 September 2016 at 10:22:41 AM

Artist: Camellia
Title: Singularity
BPM: 140
Filesize: 9521kb
Play Time: 03:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Artificial Mind - 4Key (4.53 stars, 2316 notes)
  2. Technical Breakdown - 7Key (4.81 stars, 2689 notes)
Download: Camellia - Singularity
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

We might just be the one, some day.
We can see what you feel.
The Day When The A.I. Becomes More Human Than Human.

Statistics:

Timing Points: 23,456
Time Spent: 1.5 Months
SV Generators Created: 11

BG Source

resp.: respect

I mapped the whole thing, this is not a collab, this is as respect for Nivrad00 and Agka contributing ideas and tools indirectly

Special Thanks:
Nivrad00 for the SV Animation Idea
Agka for his lovely SV tool
Google Sheets for lagging
Excel for not having functions that Google Sheets has
osu! for putting the wrong preview music
lemonguy
HOLY *** THIS IS AMAZING
JamesHappy
good shit
[-obee58-]
Arzenvald
25% in editor and enjoy epilepsy
Skalim
This is so duking amazing O_O
dionzz99
holy...
[Crz]Polymath9
a marvelous work
by-ad
Evening can you look that's =,=
rank C :(
Aytoms
have you ever considered using like. small sv's?

you know. so i can't miss. eeeeeeeehhhhhh
Agka
hey nivrad just told me about this.
1.5 months of amazing work do deserve a few more words than amazement.

both of you guys, evening, niv have blown my fuckin brains out the window time after time with what osu!mania was even actually able to do. from such a little number of physical principles, to the placement of timing points for pure aesthetic value, by going from what was, in a conversation "how do I sine, I need to brush up my maths" to this?

nivrad and you have put so much into your work I can't help but be in awe not only of the results but of your creativity and character to have the patience to pull something as complex as generating illusions by picking a framerate and making measure lines dance by taking the distance a line travels with some time, that heavily reminisces the illusion of movement of cinema...

i can't help but note that readability in such conditions has to be sacrificed for the sake of some effects, but the solution of maintaining consistency through these sections' notes and making them notable enough that people can remember them on further runs

honestly, you guys have become masters

I do wish that some more people put the amount of time into crafting these as you have. The basic math isn't too hard, but the creativity here, as well as the way you have composed the basic principles, obviously shows an understanding of the music that goes beyond what the average charter does.

It's almost a shame that these pieces of work are to be labeled "gimmicks" and not worthy of the ever so elusive ranking because they're not cookie-cutters.

Fortunately, that doesn't stop you, even if it stopped me.

I wonder if these maps will become more common or if it'll stay only as graveyarded landmarks of what you can do with some imagination.
Kurokotei
hats off to you
riunosk
have u broken mania
Tear
I'm posting for the first time in 2 years just to say
good job
Topic Starter
Evening
i don't remember summoning legends
KosukeSaitooo
The Day When The Map Becomes More SV Than SV