forum

[Archived] Cannot Adjust Difficulty Bars in Editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Parkour_Ninja
Problem Details:
The bars to change options such as AR and CS do not appear on my screen when I am in the editor. The only bar that appears is the HP Drain Rate.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Starrodkirby86
Would you be able to take a screenshot of the window? You can do this by pressing the PrtSc key or Alt+PrtSc with the Song Setup window selected.

But in the meantime, you can edit the other components of your difficulty instead through the .osu file directly. Just open up your .osu file in your favorite text editor (or through Notepad as per osu!'s File Menu), and then change the [Difficulty] section to your desired settings.

Here's an example:
[Difficulty]
HPDrainRate:8
CircleSize:4.5
OverallDifficulty:8.1
ApproachRate:9.4
Topic Starter
Parkour_Ninja

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Would you be able to take a screenshot of the window? You can do this by pressing the PrtSc key or Alt+PrtSc with the Song Setup window selected.

But in the meantime, you can edit the other components of your difficulty instead through the .osu file directly. Just open up your .osu file in your favorite text editor (or through Notepad as per osu!'s File Menu), and then change the [Difficulty] section to your desired settings.

Here's an example:
[Difficulty]
HPDrainRate:8
CircleSize:4.5
OverallDifficulty:8.1
ApproachRate:9.4

Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't know you could change it this way. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to put a screenshot into this post but if you imagine the song set up window under the difficulty tab, the bars aside from the HP Drain Rate are nonexistent. The text is there for things such as the circle size and approach rate but the bar to adjust it is not there.