forum

[Archived] Stupid Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Slinky008
Has anyone tried using a special keyboard like a 2-4 keyboard just for osu? If so did it offer any advantages over a main keyboard or was it worse?
Ted_the_red
are you talking about something like this? https://new.ppy.sh/store/product/20 If so many people use these (including myself) as they offer a cheaper alternative to play with mechanical keyswitches rather than having to buy a whole mechanical keybopard. As for advantages, the only real advantage is that they have mechanical keys. they aren't that much different from a regular mechanical keyboard
Sandy Hoey
Another be efit could be that since it is small, it allows you to move it around easily on your desk so that your hand is in a comfortable position. But if oyu already have a mechanical keyboard, it really isn't that much of a perk. Just change the keybindings so you're comfortable
Topic Starter
Slinky008

Ted wrote:

are you talking about something like this? https://new.ppy.sh/store/product/20

Yes something like this exactly I was wondering because the keyboard im using is an old dell from the early 200 optiplex days and its starting to get hard to push down keys with ease
Starrodkirby86
If you find that you can't afford or are not able to get a mechanical keyboard, purchasing an osu! nono, an equivalent, or a mechanical numpad could be a good budgetary alternative. It's also a good gateway drug sample into switches such as Cherry MX or Gatreon. If you have a friend with a mechanical keyboard though, ask if you can try their keyboard out to get a feel for it and see if you like it. I honestly can't go back. :P
Topic Starter
Slinky008

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

If you find that you can't afford or are not able to get a mechanical keyboard, purchasing an osu! nono, an equivalent, or a mechanical numpad could be a good budgetary alternative. It's also a good gateway drug sample into switches such as Cherry MX or Gatreon. If you have a friend with a mechanical keyboard though, ask if you can try their keyboard out to get a feel for it and see if you like it. I honestly can't go back. :P

What would you recommend for brand and colour of switch
Starrodkirby86
The only unit that seems to be available at the moment is the Cherry MX Black, which is a nice,. linear, but a bit of a stiffer key. It might be a little bit tiresome after a long session due to that stiffness.

As a personal preference, I'm a huge fan of using Reds for gaming due to its low actuation point though. c: