forum

[Archived] FPS stutters during osu!catch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Selo
Problem Details: I just bought my new PC, which includes a GTX 1060 and an i5 6600k. Every game works perfectly fine with straight 120fps capped on ultra settings.
So I have decided to try out osu with my new PC, but I have frame stutters/FPS drops during osu!catch/CtB even though I have 240 fps capped or if I set it to ''Unlimited (gameplay)''
As you can see below in the puu.sh link, I get these FPS spikes which don't reduce the MS as far as I can see, the MS won't go higher than 0.71 as far as I have seen so far.

These are my in-game settings: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5927808

I have tried to play with compability mode on too, but it didn't work, nor did playing on stable (fallback) either, and I have also tried this: http://puu.sh/qN8Se/b14426dd86.jpg , but that didn't work either.

Here is a picture which shows the FPS drop: http://puu.sh/qN8dJ/4167802767.jpg
It doesn't appear on the MS/FPS counter either

If anyone knows an answer to this problem, please leave a reply or PM me, all help will be appreciated.

osu! version: 20160403.6
Veross
I already had the same issue with EVERY single mode in osu! ; here's what i did :

- Set my framerate to unlimited in options
- put in fullscreen
- Update skin if corrupted

The skin fixed it for me :) !! Hope it will help

If it still doesn't work then it might be a problem with your Graphic card Driver too :? :? :?
Topic Starter
Selo
Thanks for the reply! I'll try it once I get home!
Topic Starter
Selo
Well, it didn't work unfortunately, I have the latest graphics card driver too but nothing seems to work, I can't even start osu anymore, it's just a black screen... >_<
Veross
Do this :
Go into the osu!.PCNAME.cfg file with notepad
Go to the renderer line
Type in openGL OR d3d

Screenshots :
Where the file is
what you need to write in the renderer line

While you're at it , make sure global OFFSET is set at 0

If it still doesn't work ...Try HOLDING shift when starting up osu!

A window should appear, check the compatibility mode box and start osu!

If it still doesn't work :

Hold shift while opening osu!
check the compatibility mode box
Set release stream to Stable (Fallback)
Hit repair osu!

That's all I can help you with --' Sorry if it doesn't work either :o :o :? :?
Topic Starter
Selo
I have had already tried this, a guy named Badis already informed me about this, but this doesn't work either....

Anyways, I highly appriciate your help, too bad it didn't work, maybe it will be fixed with the new graphics card driver update, if not, then I guess I won't be able to play CTB anymore.
Or someone else will have another solution, once again, thanks for your help!
Fatal3ty
Use Default Sondcard Stetting on windows. 32 Bit and highter than CD-ROM Quality lags with Taiko and CTB. Default stetting works fine. :)
Topic Starter
Selo
Sorry, I didn't quite get what you mean, could you explain any further?
Soul Evans
Have you tried uninstalling the game and get a new version of the installer from This? After that if that did not help you just check your windows advance system settings and switch around on the performance tab, other than that keep in mind that osu ~mostly~ run on your CPU so you might wanna check if there is anything wrong with the cpu usage if it's full or anything like that, if not then you might wanna run a utility that will clean your PC from any malware, you can try advance system care or ccleaner, either that or you can try closing any program that will eat too much of your ram/cpu for that matter and you should be set.
Topic Starter
Selo
I have had already changed some things in the nvidea performance tab, and now I have also downloaded ASC and it didn't find any threats besides osu, I have uninstalled osu and reinstalled from the osu installer you linked, but it still doens't work, and any other program doesn't really take much of my RAM/CPU ( Screenshot: http://puu.sh/qRive/d297e662bd.png )

I have also tried to play with literally everything closed but it still doesn't work for me, I have FPS issues on my own skin but also on any other skin and every beatmap. Thanks for the help though, I appriciate it.
Veross
You can always ask Peppy !! Maybe he'd know something :)
Topic Starter
Selo
Yea, that could also be an option ^^
Bara-
Try the V-Sync option in the frame limiter (this is not an option in f7, do it via settings)
Topic Starter
Selo
I have already tried that, but then my catcher gets a huge delay and I also get 13,5 ms if I do that
Bara-
Then unlimited should do the trick. The FPS will be in VSync, but you'll get much less input delay
Topic Starter
Selo
Do you mean I have to set my frame limiter to VSync and then switch to unlimited (which doesn't work for me) or activate or disable VSync in the performance tab?
Veross
Since nothing worked so far, try finding further answers on This thread , since your problem seems to have been marked as resolved on it
Topic Starter
Selo

[ Sneaky ] wrote:

Since nothing worked so far, try finding further answers on This thread , since your problem seems to have been marked as resolved on it
I'll try to do this once I get home, I'll send a reply on this thread once I have tried it out, but I can't believe it can come from an anti virus program.. That would be really sad honestly

Edit: Unfortunately, it didn't work, I have disabled windows defender for osu! but I still have the issue... :(
Topic Starter
Selo
I have also tried to set the focus on just 1 core, instead of them all, but that didn't do the job either