forum

[Archived] "This map isn't yours..." bs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlauesFeuer
Problem Details:

I created a beatmap from scratch, and have tried every solution I could find, but it still refuses to let me upload my beatmap - saying that I am not the 'creator' of said map. This is my first time creating a map, and I was not expecting this ridiculous issue, that has apparently been around for well over a year, with no clear answer as to how to fix it. Come on, guys. :/

I changed the ID and Set ID to 0 and -1, as suggested. I've actually had to do this multiple times because the file keeps reverting back to whatever numbers that were there prior to me changing them - and they still won't save as 0 and -1.

I did the 'change the creator to random, then change back to yours' trick. Didn't work.

Someone, help. :(

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
MillhioreF
If the ID and set ID are changing back on their own, that generally means either your mp3 or the song folder name has numbers in it. Delete any numbers, then change the ID and set ID once more and try agian.
Bara-
If that doesn't work, follow thw following steps
- Open the .osu of the current map, and make sure to put it somewhere easily visible
- Get the mp3, and rename it to audio.mp3 (anything is actually fine, as long as it doesn't start with a number)
- Drag it into osu to 'make a new map'
- Type the metadata (make sure it's correct). Also set CS/OD/AR/HP the same as before
- Time it (it doesn't need to be correct) (make sure SV is correct!)
- Put 1 circle somewhere
- Save it
- Open .osu in notepad
- Remove anything under [timingpoints]
- Go back to the previous .osu, and copy everything from under [timingpoints] into the 'new' .osu

Submit it
GDCole
Whatever you just said doesn't work, I worked on a map for 5 MONTHS and it won't upload so I come here then try whatever you did and long story short there's no trace of the map on my computer anymore
I honestly don't care if I get banned I'm done
Starrodkirby86

GDCole wrote:

Whatever you just said doesn't work, I worked on a map for 5 MONTHS and it won't upload so I come here then try whatever you did and long story short there's no trace of the map on my computer anymore
I honestly don't care if I get banned I'm done
Sorry to hear. :(

I don't know what specific methods you've tried, but if you delete a map from osu!, it may still be in the Recycle Bin. Is it still there? Either way, take a breather and relax. I remember years back there was a beatmapping contest that I wanted to apply. I managed to finish the map a couple hours before the deadline, but then, in importing it over to my main osu! game, I accidentally overwritten my submission. That was a huge bummer. :(
Veross
Try to see this thread : t/172055

I am not a mapper but I know that there is a lot of threads on this subject, you shouldn't have any problems if you check them out
GDCole
To anyone viewing this a very easy way to avoid this is to just upload your beatmap before putting time into it, if you start to map a song and you like it upload it and if it does this then not much time has been put into it so no need to try to fix it. All methods of trying to fix it (even getting direct help from a r/osumapping admin) wouldn't work for me.

When i posted on this like a year ago i was furious because i lost a (admittedly horrible) map after a long time of working on it, and tried to take it out (for some reason) on this post. I use this method for every map that I work on (even though they're pretty bad) and it works every time.

:) so if the methods don't work just start to get in the habit of doing this
Dntm8kmeeatu

GDCole wrote:

To anyone viewing this a very easy way to avoid this is to just upload your beatmap before putting time into it, if you start to map a song and you like it upload it and if it does this then not much time has been put into it so no need to try to fix it. All methods of trying to fix it (even getting direct help from a r/osumapping admin) wouldn't work for me.

When i posted on this like a year ago i was furious because i lost a (admittedly horrible) map after a long time of working on it, and tried to take it out (for some reason) on this post. I use this method for every map that I work on (even though they're pretty bad) and it works every time.

:) so if the methods don't work just start to get in the habit of doing this
If you still had the old map, I wonder if I could get it to submit, I've yet to have a map I couldn't get to work ;)