forum

[Archived] Song preview image and background sometimes differs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nya10
Problem Details:
As have being told in the title, the song preview image and background sometimes differs. I think the occurence is being higher when I open osu! for a longer time, however I can't confirm that this is right. But when I open the global rank AND try to scroll the song list a bit, and when I came back to that song, the image on the song preview is the same again as the background. The cause of this bug is, that the /np commands is faulty , that the link of the song I np'ed is different from the song name I np'ed (also it did that manner when I'm trying to open the song link via "beatmap topic" from osu! to the web). I've even ever delete (that was before uninstall and reinstall osu! again) the osu!db file (recommended by someone in #help before), but it still didn't works.

Additional information:
It is known that I have a red box message containing "please don't make edits to your osu! songs folder", however it doesn't come up right now (I'll make an edit to this post when it appears). Also I sometimes uninstall osu! so I can focus on my work, but keeping my songs folder from osu! folder by cutting (Ctrl +x and Ctrl+v) and pasteing to another random folder. And when I am in a mood to install my osu! again, I just move that song folder to the osu! folder. I also make edits on song folder when I'm trying to add a GD (Guest Difficulty) on my own beatmap (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/497028). I think that the red box message could be the main cause of my bug.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
This is normally caused by a corrupt or messed up osu! database file. It's a real easy fix. Just remove osu!.db out of the osu! folder and restart. It will recompile and generate a new database. The only downfall to this is that all maps will be marked "Unplayed" otherwise, It shouldn't effect anything.
Topic Starter
nya10

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

This is normally caused by a corrupt or messed up osu! database file. It's a real easy fix. Just remove osu!.db out of the osu! folder and restart. It will recompile and generate a new database. The only downfall to this is that all maps will be marked "Unplayed" otherwise, It shouldn't effect anything.
I tried that before, but it simply didn't works. It only works for a small amount of time, and after that the bug is going wild again

Topic Starter
nya10
I'm very sorry for doubleposting, but I added an additional information about the red box message in post #1.
I hope someone is being able to confirm this one though, although it might be not being the highest priority, but linking maps with the wrong link is troublesome though
Xylo-
Try to remove the osu!.db again and perhaps it could help. If it doesn't, access the hidden Data folder and remove the "bt" folder inside. It should bring back the thumbnails. Don't worry about the red error, I get it all the time and nothing bad is happening.
Topic Starter
nya10

Xylo- wrote:

Try to remove the osu!.db again and perhaps it could help. If it doesn't, access the hidden Data folder and remove the "bt" folder inside. It should bring back the thumbnails. Don't worry about the red error, I get it all the time and nothing bad is happening.
Tried to do both, and the result is still the same (deleting the osu!.db only and deleting both)

It simply didn't fix at all
Topic Starter
nya10
I'm trying to say that those doesn't work either.

For additional information, I have many unsubmitted maps that might do with the database.

If you can confirm this, I'd appreciate it
Xylo-
Uh, that's really weird. It's probably some beatmap that is messing with the db, but you have to look for it manually I think :(
Topic Starter
nya10

Xylo- wrote:

Uh, that's really weird. It's probably some beatmap that is messing with the db, but you have to look for it manually I think :(
I see, it can't be helped then.