forum

[Archived] Why i have delay in my laptop? D:

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JuanWarrior
Problem Details:

So, I have 10k plays in osu! on this laptop for half an year, and I have only played osu! in this laptop. Then, last week I used another computer, and I could feel how everything respond much faster than my laptop. I don´t know why, but now I know that, I don´t want to play with delay anymore. D:

My laptop is a Asus G751JT.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I don´t know how to show this.

osu! version: 20160723
Starrodkirby86
Hmm... There can be many reasons, especially if the computer you went on has better specs, because it could be a performance increase.

You can consider checking Options to help try and lower that lag. If you enabled seeing input lag display in Options, you can look at the bottom-right corner to see your delay, though small numbers are pretty negligible. Consider playing in Full-Screen, and if you use flux, close the app when playing osu!.

EDIT: Now that I read your model, I think I'm using the same laptop model as you are. What is your lag in ms? I typically get 1ms lag on osu!.
Topic Starter
JuanWarrior

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Hmm... There can be many reasons, especially if the computer you went on has better specs, because it could be a performance increase.

You can consider checking Options to help try and lower that lag. If you enabled seeing input lag display in Options, you can look at the bottom-right corner to see your delay, though small numbers are pretty negligible. Consider playing in Full-Screen, and if you use flux, close the app when playing osu!.

EDIT: Now that I read your model, I think I'm using the same laptop model as you are. What is your lag in ms? I typically get 1ms lag on osu!.
How can I see how much delay do I have? I can´t see the input lag display in options.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can see it now with the show FPS option
Starrodkirby86
Sorry, I was answering off the top of my head so I didn't remember the proper option. xD

Enable "Show FPS Counter", then you should see at the bottom-right your lag.

EDIT: Oh LMAO, you got it, yay! Just messing around with some of the performance options to see if you can push that value lower, or see how it is and if it's to your liking.
Topic Starter
JuanWarrior
When Im playiing, it says 0.46 to 0.49 ms.
Starrodkirby86
That sounds like a great value. Do you still feel that kind of "delay" that's not to your liking? Maybe you can set your Universal Offset to something you're comfortable with, though I only really recommend that if you see that when you're playing, your hit error is consistently early or late from the center of the hit error meter at the bottom of the screen (like if a beatmap has a wrong offset).
Topic Starter
JuanWarrior
You said you have a similar mode of mine. Do you always play with your laptop? Because I have always played with this laptop, and I got used to it. But when I used the other PC (Which its hardware is not greater than the laptop) I definitely could feel a faster respond. I wouldn't know that I have delay if I didn't play osu! in that PC. D:
Starrodkirby86
Hmm... Yes, I always play osu! on my laptop, though on a separate monitor and USB keyboard. I don't really have any problems regarding the input, when I look at my Unstable Rate and hit error ms. For what it's worth, I really dislike using the laptop keyboard when playing, the texture of the keys are a bit too thin and light. Being unsure of your setup, I'm not too sure where I can offer other similarities and differences...
Dntm8kmeeatu
Make sure you are using Fullscreen, Not borderless or windowed.
Topic Starter
JuanWarrior

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Hmm... Yes, I always play osu! on my laptop, though on a separate monitor and USB keyboard. I don't really have any problems regarding the input, when I look at my Unstable Rate and hit error ms. For what it's worth, I really dislike using the laptop keyboard when playing, the texture of the keys are a bit too thin and light. Being unsure of your setup, I'm not too sure where I can offer other similarities and differences...
I don´t know the kind of screen my laptop has. But I read that IPS screen has higher ms than TN screen. With that said, do you have an ips or TN screen?
Im using an external keyboard too, but not a external screen.
Topic Starter
JuanWarrior

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Make sure you are using Fullscreen, Not borderless or windowed.
I play in fullscreen :c
Starrodkirby86

JuanWarrior wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I don´t know the kind of screen my laptop has. But I read that IPS screen has higher ms than TN screen. With that said, do you have an ips or TN screen?
Im using an external keyboard too, but not a external screen.
The laptop monitor for the ROG should be an IPS screen. You can easily tell if the color integrity is not lost when changing the angle of it, nor if there's any glare. My separate monitor is a standard TN though. I feel like this sort of difference feels largely negligible. I wonder...

Perhaps you can take a quick break, try again, and see how you feel regarding all the input?

You can also ensure how accurate or inaccurate you are by hovering over your Ranking graph and seeing the hit error and unstable rate there. Though, if you really suspect something is amiss, you may have to do the same thing on that alternate PC. I wonder at some point that the mental game is also throwing you off too. :/