forum

[Archived] I get error 403 forbidden randomly when opening the site

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
komperlord
Problem Details: I don't remember when it began but since then sometimes when I enter the site I get 403: forbidden message and I have no access to anything. Also while this is happening global scores and beatmaps status dissapear and I can not download beatmaps when I play multiplayer due to the 403: forbidden thing. This occures seemingly randomly and can stay like that for 10 mins or 3 days. Why is this happening and can I fix it somehow?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160821.1 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Try clearing your browser's cache.
Topic Starter
komperlord
It is working now but I have not cleared the cache yet so I am going to clear it from now on every time before I run osu! or log in.
Lacrimosa

komperlord wrote:

It is working now but I have not cleared the cache yet so I am going to clear it from now on every time before I run osu! or log in.
You don't have to do that every time, unless you keep getting that error over and over again.
Topic Starter
komperlord
Yesterday I got the error so I cleared the cache but had no effect. I assumed the error would go away if I wait a few hours but it didn't. Clearing the cache seems to have no effect.
Topic Starter
komperlord
I have not been able to download beatmaps for the past month and I am quitting because I guess nobody knows how to help me with this.
Starrodkirby86

komperlord wrote:

I have not been able to download beatmaps for the past month and I am quitting because I guess nobody knows how to help me with this.
I mean, you can always try an alternative mirror like Bloodcat, or download torrents and beatmap packs.