forum

[Archived] Getting higher mouse speed in raw input

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TasteThePainbow
Hi all!

Here's the situation: I recently just got a MASSIVE computer upgrade and was really excited to run osu for the first time with 180 fps on max settings and 4k resolution :3. Unfortunately, since this upgrade, my tablet / mouse speed has gotten much slower--I grew accustomed to playing with 6x acceleration and raw input on my lower end pc, and with the new one 6x feels like 3x was--I have to make large hand movements to cover distances a small flick used to cover. Obviously the slider doesn't go higher than 6x, so since it wont let me disable raw input, is there any way to get a higher mouse speed?

Thanks to anyone out there with help :)
Bara-
For mouse - Change DPI (not all micr have this)
For Tablet - Download drivers and make the active area smaller (not all tablets have this)
Topic Starter
TasteThePainbow
I forgot to mention that my tablet is ancient and drivers for it do not exist anymore

:S
Bara-
Then there is afaik no way to increase the sensitivity even more, just get used to it I'd say...
Topic Starter
TasteThePainbow
SOLUTION TO ISSUE FOUND THROUGH EXPERIMENTATION:

Lower resolution in windows to the next option down, then also lower the resolution in osu to the next option down. Select fullscreen, then select the new resolution once again in osu (it should appear as a borderless window in the upper left of the screen, thinking its fullscreen when its not). Then close osu, and restart computer. Upon opening osu again, mouse speed will be a lot higher, and the downgrade from 4k to the next available resolution is honestly not too noticeable. Frame rate will increase drastically and latency improve as well.

:3