forum

[Archived] Cursor lag? [Stops moving]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Let's clear this up: It's not actually lag, but it was the shortest word that was even somewhat accurate.

Soooo! Lately - for the last 2-3 weeks - my cursor has been doing some pretty annoying stuff. The best way to say it, there seems to be some sort of invisible walls only my cursor sees. Sometimes while I'm playing, it just stops going to one direction - I jumpscared myself by saying that band name - aaaand makes me fail 99,99% of the time. I have only 1 play, where my cursor messed up big time, but I didnt fail.

Some info:
- I play with mouse
- It happens only in osu = My mouse is innocent

And.. **you didnt see this coming** I actually have a GIF - Yes, a GIF, bring the hate bots out boys - where you can see the one time my cursor saw an invisible wall, but I survived: https://gyazo.com/a416d1f71ef834a37190702487656127 I took it with a potato, how good quality did you expect? But even if it's like 1 fps and goes fucking slow af cause the replay was going 0.5 speed, you can kinda see what happened. Just to explain it a bit, you can see I didnt actually notice my cursor not going up, cause it's a fairly easy map even to me, so I didnt really focus. I kept on playing, my cursor didnt. So I actually followed the slider in my head, but my cursor was left behind like so, and moved only to the side when I was thinking I finished the end of the slider and moved to the next.

The cursor usually starts moving normally after I uhm.. Is there actually a word for it? Just start a new movement with my mouse. Yeah, cause that sounds logical. In a nutshell, it wont move up until I for example fully move my direction, or do any sort of sharp movement. Why does this sound so weird? I think you will get what I mean..

I hope someone can help me, cause this messes up 2 out of every 5 plays I do. For example that map is 3,2* etc. so I survived, but I'll break my combo every single time, no matter what diff I'm playing.

If you're not impressed by my amazing GIF, I call you a smart person and tell you I play with a potato that dies just if I think of opening anything at the same time with osu. As you can see, it just 100% dies if I open even gyazo.. I hope you can still help me.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
As the impatient person I am, I'll just bump this after 48 hours. 48 hours isn't the end of the world, but other topics around this one had many replies, so it kinda stood out as ignored. Sorry if I'm too impatient.
Bara-
Try closing all background processes
What sensitivity are you using, and do you use raw input?
Topic Starter
-E M N-
I've tried closing them right about 20 times, doesnt help.

I change it between 1.9 and 2.2 depending on the map, but it happens with all three of them, also with smaller and bigger ones. I've tried lots of different ones, but it doesnt seem to have any effect. Also yes to raw input.
Bara-
What happens when you disable raw input?
Topic Starter
-E M N-
The game becomes kinda unplayable. The cursor has some kind of epilepsy attacks, where it just moves 10 times faster than normally - Even if my sensitivity is 1 - and it also does warping around the screen.

EDIT 1: With warping around the screen, I mean, if I keep my cursor still, it will just warp inside of 2 cm from where it actually is. Like, now its there, suddenly its there, wow, I didnt even touch anything. And it just keeps on doing it if I'm playing. This doesnt happen all the time, so it isnt a huge problem, but when it starts to happen, it will happen like a week or so without stopping, and the only cure is raw input.

Also, I cant really tell if it still does the thing, the game becomes so.. So.. Uncontrollable.

EDIT 2: Yeaaaah.. Disabling raw input may or may not fix the stopping, but if I have to play with no fail just to pass 3* maps, I dont think it's the best solution.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Hm, I'll just bump this now. I know it hasnt been even 48 hours, and you can just say If I'm really just being too impatient, but yeah.

Also, I'll add to here that I've tried playing with raw input disabled for a bit more, just in case I wasnt just used to it and thats why I was failing so hard, but honestly its pretty unplayable, the cursor just doesnt keep the same speed and warps all the time.
shiyuri
Have you tried to disconnect unneeded USB devices? Or just tried to connect the mouse to a diffrent USB port?
Topic Starter
-E M N-
It doesnt change anything. I've tried messing about with all the USB ports and what is connected to where, but nope.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Okay I just really would like to get this fixed, it's really making playing hard.

So, bumbing. Yet once again.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Please, can I get some sort of help? Please?
Jeremii
One thing you could try: did you try disabling acceleration in the Windows mouse settings ?

Just uncheck "Enhance pointer precision" in the mouse settings as shown above
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Thank you SO, SO MUCH of even tryinna help me, I'll try it and edit when I know if it helps.

EDIT 1: I've played like 10 maps, and so far it has worked all fine. Aaarght I have so much hope I'll die if it doesnt work..

EDIT 2: It just stopped once after right around 20 or so plays.. But I think this still might have helped it. Thanks a lot, I'll keep on testing.

EDIT 3: Well, it still happens, and I'm not sure if that changed anything or if I just hoped so much. It still happens like, 1-2 times in every 5 plays.
Bandison
Try playing on fullscreen on native resolution.
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Have already tried that too, didnt change anything.

I'm really confused, why is nothing helping..

EDIT: I didnt play osu for couple days, and now I'm back on, and this "lag" is making my playing literally impossible. It just happened two times in 15 seconds. I'm not sure why it's sometimes so little, and sometimes it's making the game unplayable, but all help would really be nice..
Topic Starter
-E M N-
Hjelp.. Please..
Topic Starter
-E M N-
PLEASE. I'm not giving up yet. I'm gonna keep on bumping this until I get my answers.
RvNovae
Have you tried playing on different release streams like beta, CE or fallback?
Bandison

-E M N- wrote:

Have already tried that too, didnt change anything.

I'm really confused, why is nothing helping..

EDIT: I didnt play osu for couple days, and now I'm back on, and this "lag" is making my playing literally impossible. It just happened two times in 15 seconds. I'm not sure why it's sometimes so little, and sometimes it's making the game unplayable, but all help would really be nice..
Disable all graphic shit, try compatibility mode.
Topic Starter
-E M N-

Olivarus wrote:

Have you tried playing on different release streams like beta, CE or fallback?
Well I tried both ce and fb. It seemed to happen less, but that was probably just my imagination + hope.

Solyder wrote:

Disable all graphic shit, try compatibility mode.
It's not about that, there isnt any real lag etc. But compatibility mode doesnt have any effect.
show more