forum

[Archived] Can't upload beatmap.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nea7x
I can't upload a beatmap, the error says:

Error during upload:
Couldn't create your upload package.Make sure you have some disk space free!
And I have around 300 gigs space left...

osu! version: 20160805.3 (latest)
Pawsu
How big is your map?
Topic Starter
Nea7x

Pawsu wrote:

How big is your map?
The folder itself is 1.50gb.
The beatmap itself is 14.3kb.

If that's what you ment ofcourse :D
Underforest
so your song folder is 1.50gb but your beatmap 14.3 kb?
If the beatmap folder is 1.50gb you should erase somethings on your beatmap folder if it's right.
Topic Starter
Nea7x

Underforest wrote:

If the beatmap folder is 1.50gb you should erase somethings on your beatmap folder if it's right.
Thanks, there was indeed a .mp4 file in there. After removing it I could upload it. :lol:
Pawsu

ItsJaysonTM wrote:

Underforest wrote:

Thanks, there was indeed a .mp4 file in there. After removing it I could upload it. :lol:

There's a specific size beatmaps need to be, so next time if you have a video or something, make sure it's not huge and meets the criteria. Your map was too big, so that's why it wasn't working.
JapanYoshiTheGamer
I have the same problem now. I have no unused files in the folder. The problem started when I added background video (184.2MB). The weird thing is I can export a package file via "Export to package", but not when I upload the map. My hard drive is at least 1/3 free.

EDIT: AiMod told me that the mapset is "over 24MB including video", so I'll try to see if I can get the video smaller. But fat chance unless Avidemux magically starts working.

EDIT 2: It worked! I guess I didn't need to post here, heh.
Dntm8kmeeatu

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

I have the same problem now. I have no unused files in the folder. The problem started when I added background video (184.2MB). The weird thing is I can export a package file via "Export to package", but not when I upload the map. My hard drive is at least 1/3 free.

EDIT: AiMod told me that the mapset is "over 24MB including video", so I'll try to see if I can get the video smaller. But fat chance unless Avidemux magically starts working.
Don't bump old archived threads. Instead make a new thread for your issue. Or don't since you seem to already know what the problem is.