forum

GRANRODEO - Can Do (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Monstrata
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on October 6, 2016 at 9:26:46 PM

Artist: GRANRODEO
Title: Can Do (TV Size)
Source: 黒子のバスケ
Tags: kuroko no basuke basket the basketball which plays akashi midorima kise aomine murasakibara kagami season one opening theme
BPM: 200
Filesize: 5700kb
Play Time: 01:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.56 stars, 120 notes)
  2. Extra: Akashi (4.92 stars, 402 notes)
  3. Extra: Aomine (5.96 stars, 396 notes)
  4. Extra: Kagami (6.77 stars, 450 notes)
  5. Extra: Kise (6.19 stars, 384 notes)
  6. Extra: Kuroko (5.33 stars, 371 notes)
  7. Extra: Midorima (6.24 stars, 396 notes)
  8. Extra: Murasakibara (5.57 stars, 366 notes)
  9. Hard (3.21 stars, 284 notes)
  10. Insane (4.28 stars, 309 notes)
  11. Normal (2.14 stars, 164 notes)
Download: GRANRODEO - Can Do (TV Size)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Extra: Kagami mapped and hitsounded by Kagami
Extra: Midorima mapped and hitsounded by Midorima
Extra: Kise mapped and hitsounded by Kise
Extra: Aomine mapped and hitsounded by Aomine
Extra: Murasakibara mapped and hitsounded by Murasakibara
Extra: Kuroko mapped and hitsounded by Kuroko
Extra: Akashi mapped and hitsounded by Akashi
Insane mapped and hitsounded by Monstrata
Hard mapped and hitsounded by Monstrata
Normal mapped and hitsounded by Monstrata
Easy mapped and hitsounded by Monstrata

Check out the difficulty guide if you want to know the ideas behind each difficulty!

Difficulty Guide!!
Akashi's Extra

Akashi is known for being able to anklebreak players using his "Emperor's Eye". Mimicking this "anklebreaking" playstyle, I used angles, flows, and spacings in a way to create flowbreaks, snappy movements, SV changes, and anti-jumps. The AR is extremely high to give players as little reaction time as possible, as this is another feature of the Emperor's Eye. Lastly, Akashi is a perfectionist, so HP 10 is selected to force the player to make as few mistakes as possible if they wish to even pass the map.

Kuroko's Extra

Kuroko is known for being the phantom 6th member of the Generation of Miracles. His signature style is misdirection, and being really difficult to follow due to his lack of presence. This map reflects that: patterns all set up to be a reading challenge. The AR is lower in order to enhance this effect by causing more objects to clutter the screen, making it harder for the player to focus on what they need to hit first.

Murasakibara's Extra

Murasakibara is known for both his size, and his defensive and checking abilities. It's obvious, the intention of using CS 2. The idea of counterclock-wise-only flow came from Murasakibara's "Thor's Hammer" dunk, where he spins + dunks, but also from the idea that mouse-drift occurs when using counter-clockwise flow. Mouse-drift is really difficult to overcome, and it acts like a kind of hindrance that the mouse player constantly has to battle against, whether through pausing to reposition, or playing with an awkward wrist angle. Mouse-drift is being used here to create a difficulty element that causes the player to have to defend against it.

Aomine's Extra

Aomine is known for being really fast. He is also very difficult to follow, but due to his speed, rather than misdirection (Kuroko) or anklebreaking movement (Akashi). As such, the map features a lot of kicksliders and really fast sliders that pose a difficulty both in their speed, and their ability to be followed. The AR is high to complement this mapping style. There's also a cool interaction between Aomine and Kise's diff's. Since Kise is especially known for copying Aomine's style, there are some structural similarities between this diff and Kise's diff. (Some of the patterns here have been symmetrized on Kise's diff, 00:29:737 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - for example).

Kise's Extra

Kise is known for being a copycat. This difficulty used many copy-pasted themes, and has a constant symmetrical structure. All around, Kise is the most "normal" of all the GoM members, and as a result, this Extra is probably the least gimmicky. Mappers will relate to this difficulty well though, because every pattern in this difficulty has been constructed through some sort of copy-paste technique. There are also similarities between this difficulty and Murasakibara's, Aomine's, and Midorima's, though Aomine's was the diff I took the most structures from. See if you can find some similarities! (I picked those 3, because Kise copied the abilities of those 3 players).

Midorima's Extra

Midorima is known for his aim. Specifically, however, he is known for his ability to land 3-pointer shots from incredibly large distances, even from the other side of the court, with perfect accuracy. CS 6 is used to establish this aim-gimmick. OD 10 is also used to force players to be as accurate as possible. Map-wise, this difficulty is set up to feature many cross-screen movements. The diff uses rhythmically sound undermapping in order to allow for these large 1/1 gaps. Because players have more time between jumps (1/1, rather than 1/2) they have more time to travel and aim, however, the small CS, high OD, and large distances still make these transitions very challenging to catch.

Kagami's Extra

Kagami is known for his jumping ability. As such, this map utilizes many jumps. Due to his ability to dunk from the free-throw line, and his incredible height and dunking powers, the map also features extremely large jumps, with the final jump sequence in the Kiai being the largest possible jump in the game. The angles, and movements are set up in a way to help this jump be possible, and this reflects the team-work and support that finally allows Kagami to enter the Direct Drive Zone.
Sonnyc
Next BN exam?
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Yes. Please, I'd like to get 50 free mods on this map when I finish <3.
Nathan
cool ideas
melloe
kuroko is awesome

what does "anklebreak" mean?
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Forlornly wrote:

kuroko is awesome

what does "anklebreak" mean?
Anklebreaking is when you move in a way that the player is unprepared for. It's an unexpected movement that occurs when the player is expecting something else entirely. Instinctively players will go in the direction of the ball, but anklebreaking occurs when a player is committing to another direction. Done well, this causes the player to fall since they suddenly have to extend say leftward to keep check even though their body is leaning rightward expecting a rightward movement.

In terms of mapping, Akashi and Kuroko both operate under a theme of "misdirection". Kuroko uses overlaps and confusing arrangements whereas Akashi's patterns will appear perfectly readable but extremely hard to track and react to. Adding to the theme will be a lot of flow-breaking patterns. Akashi also has basically a dual personality so I'm probably going to play on that and introduce super fast and super slow sliders.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Uploaded a draft of the Akashi diff. Warning: Very Gimmicky.
Voor
Oh god I love this.
Frim4503
looking forward to see this complete
i think this will be a great map :)

good luck monstrata
*shoot
Sotarks
i want a Astormant extra too pls
sahuang
WoW
Would be great if this can be ranked later :)
Dashie
monstrata i love you for this <3
Myxo
This concept is pretty great, best of luck with this!
DeletedUser_6709840
This is amazing
Topic Starter
Monstrata
The seven difficulties are now finished!

Time to map in the remaining E/N/H/I to fill the spread.
Sotarks
thanks mr monstrata
Kalibe

Sotarks wrote:

thanks mr monstrata
Kibbleru
cool concept

are these diff names okay though?
Topic Starter
Monstrata
I'll rename them to like Kuroko's Extra / Midorima's Extra etc...
Kibbleru
LOL, i guess that could work
show more